Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 09-21-2007, 11:05 AM   #46
KWALI
erudite

KWALI has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: At your physical and mental prime...

Ever think about how many hours you spent practicing from like 14-18...Holy **** blows my mind.....it was a full work week...and I was doing it for free...wich I was into Cars intead wouldn't have like a $1200 dollar bill for the Fixing teh bearings on my **** and doing brakes.....I hate car/trucks ..
KWALI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 11:25 AM   #47
Manute for Ever!
Bol'd over

Manute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWALI
Ever think about how many hours you spent practicing from like 14-18...Holy **** blows my mind.....it was a full work week...and I was doing it for free...wich I was into Cars intead wouldn't have like a $1200 dollar bill for the Fixing teh bearings on my **** and doing brakes.....I hate car/trucks ..
That is the other problem with the NBA. Players seem to forget why they play the game in the first place. Because they love the game. Yes, I understand that for some, it is a way out of poverty,etc, but at the end of the day, you love the game. Why would you pay that to fix your car? Because you love your car. You could buy a cheap ass Hyundai Excell and do it up, but it is like putting a bow tie on a turd. Passion drives people to great things, money shouldn't matter. It cost me more to play ball, I hardly made a cent, but I have memories that nobody can take. Sitting on my luggage on a bus for a 14 hour road trip sucked at the time, but you think back and they are moments you would not give up for anything. Anyone in a similar position with hindsight will almost definatly back me up.
Manute for Ever! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 01:59 PM   #48
Gad23
I hit open 5-footers

Gad23 has an OK reputation so far

really cool to see u were in the NBL. I have a teammate and friend playin in the NBL for the singapore slingers. mostly because they are obliged to have a few singporeans in the team.

I would think even if i work my ass off everyday, i will not be able to make it for the team. (I'm a long 6'3,a skinny 180lbs, started bball only 2 years ago, thrown in the post from the start, no coordination, stiff, decent jumper but no handles or speed.). I might be able to make it as a pro soccer player here as a defender or defensive mid but basketball is my first love.
Gad23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 02:17 PM   #49
dawsey6
/thread

dawsey6 has decent reputationdawsey6 has decent reputation

Track and field, if I stayed with it. I was long sprinter/middle distance/hurdler in high school, but now that I'm in college I steered completely towards music and arts.
dawsey6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 03:16 PM   #50
jbot
Future D1 Dad

jbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

i think i could have been a walk-on at my local college(division 1 mvc) if i had stuck w/ basketball as a kid.
jbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 03:51 PM   #51
John Starks
National High School Star

John Starks has an OK reputation so far

Is there a pro ultmate frisbee league? I could play.

I had good accuracy on my throws and (I am so sorry for this but for lack of a better way to describe it) a nose for the frisbee. The fact that 98% of Ultimate Frisbee players are stoners helped me out too.
John Starks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 04:34 PM   #52
ereed6
I brick open layups

ereed6 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Chocolate
What's your average?
Well 2 years ago i averaged like a 201 was like 8th in my high school conference in average. Then last year we joined a sport condition league and i still made all conference with an average of like 185 so if today i decided to dedicate myself to becoming a pro bowler i could do it. But i'm not that close at this instant.
ereed6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 05:12 AM   #53
Manute for Ever!
Bol'd over

Manute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gad23
really cool to see u were in the NBL. I have a teammate and friend playin in the NBL for the singapore slingers. mostly because they are obliged to have a few singporeans in the team.
I would think even if i work my ass off everyday, i will not be able to make it for the team. (I'm a long 6'3,a skinny 180lbs, started bball only 2 years ago, thrown in the post from the start, no coordination, stiff, decent jumper but no handles or speed.). I might be able to make it as a pro soccer player here as a defender or defensive mid but basketball is my first love.

I was curious if that was the case. I'll probably be living in Singapore mid-next year (my girlfriend is from Sentakai, I think that is how it is spelt), so I will get to catch a few Slingers home games
Old 09-22-2007, 09:53 AM   #54
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation

For me its football. I could have been an excellent Cover 2 safety (think Adam Archuleta) or Wide Receiver. I simply didn't have the discipline or desire to see it through.

For my first few years of high school the football coach tried recruiting me to join. He went as far as to tell me I was passing up a chance to go to college, even if a small local school, for free. It killed him to watch me play touch football against kids on the team and routinely pick off his QB's and beat his CB's for passes.

Even now I get offers to join semi-pro football teams. I'm thinking I should do it just to somewhat satisfy the "wonder what would have been" thoughts sitting in the back of my mind.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 10:00 AM   #55
El Kabong
Where Eagles Dare

El Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I made it to state finals in track. 100m and 200m. The best I ever finished was 3rd in the 100m. It was crazy how fast some of those guys are. It's weird to go from the best in your school to being absolutly smoked by some random guys.
El Kabong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 10:05 AM   #56
Manute for Ever!
Bol'd over

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Kabong
I made it to state finals in track. 100m and 200m. The best I ever finished was 3rd in the 100m. It was crazy how fast some of those guys are. It's weird to go from the best in your school to being absolutly smoked by some random guys.

Which state?
Old 09-22-2007, 10:06 AM   #57
El Kabong
Where Eagles Dare

El Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manute for Ever!
Which state?
South Australia.
El Kabong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 03:02 PM   #58
White Chocolate
5-time NBA All-Star

White Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ereed6
Well 2 years ago i averaged like a 201 was like 8th in my high school conference in average. Then last year we joined a sport condition league and i still made all conference with an average of like 185 so if today i decided to dedicate myself to becoming a pro bowler i could do it. But i'm not that close at this instant.

That's pretty good. I'm around 210-215. I bowl in a scratch league, smartest thing I've ever done. None of that handicap bull****.
White Chocolate is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: