Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Curry: 0x Finals MVP SilkkTheShocker's Avatar

Default Re: I don't understand why Chicago is seen as such a big threat to Miami.

Quote Originally Posted by poido123
    That's a nice red necklace you have under your avatar
    A lot nicer than the typical pearl necklace your life partner leaves on ur chest every night.
    Last edited by SilkkTheShocker; 10-15-2013 at 10:16 AM.

Very good NBA starter tmacattack33's Avatar

Default Re: I don't understand why Chicago is seen as such a big threat to Miami.

Quote Originally Posted by Connor B
    I understand why on paper Chicago is seen as a threat to Miami, they are a tough match up, but if you look at actual playoff history we are going off one series in the Lebron era/Rose healthy that defines that whole rivalry: 2011 ECF.

Which went 5 games. And yet everyone seems to act like that was such a great series for some reason. Good basketball, entertaining, competitive, but not long and competitive in the way Indiana-Miami was last year or Spurs-Miami was last year. I realize that series coulda gone 6, maybe 7, if Wade/Lebron didn't have that 15 point comeback in game 5, but they did right in Chicago.

I was talking to my friend, a Heat fan today, and he said Chicago is seen as a threat in part because of how much better Noah as gotten. I agree Noah is great, I agree Tom T. is one of the 3 best coaches in the NBA, but the offensive fire power the Heat have is just too great. Indiana is a bigger threat, easily.
    If the Pacers were from a top 3 metropolitan area like Chicago, everyone would be talking about them being the Heat's main competition.

And if R. Westbrook changed positions with D. Rose, Westbrook would be Adidas's main guy and would be on all those commercials. People would be praising his great two-way ability (great offense and defense) and saying how it reminds them of MJ and Scottie.

It's that simple, really.

Quote Originally Posted by SilkkTheShocker
    A lot nicer than the typical pearl necklace your life partner leaves on chest every night.
    Nice try, airball.

Serious playground baller

Wait a minute.

Bogans had a significant role on the Bulls team that year. Those guys you mentioned did not.

The reason Bogans impacted us so badly, was he further exacerbated the lack of offense the Bulls already had.

Saying Bibby and Anthony were as detrimental to the Heat is not even close. Heat didnt lack offense, so anthony's weaknesses were easily masked. I think I recall Chalmers playing the bulk of point guard duties?
    Just wanted to tell you that both Anthony(27,4 MPG) and Bibby(20,8 MPG) played more minutes in the playoffs than Bogans(19,2 MPG).Also, there is a reason why Anthony was considered the worst offensive player in the leauge by many and Bibby set the record (or was close to one) with his atrocius shooting 28% FG on WIDE OPEN SHOTS. So there is no way Bogans was holding the Bulls back more than those two guys did.

NBA rookie of the year

Wait a minute.

Bogans had a significant role on the Bulls team that year. Those guys you mentioned did not.

The reason Bogans impacted us so badly, was he further exacerbated the lack of offense the Bulls already had.

Saying Bibby and Anthony were as detrimental to the Heat is not even close. Heat didnt lack offense, so anthony's weaknesses were easily masked. I think I recall Chalmers playing the bulk of point guard duties?
    Nonsense. Joel Anthony was extremely detrimental to the Heat's spacing. He was literally incapable of cleanly catching a dump off pass,while being wide open. And Bibby whom the Heat had brought in for shooting, had possibly the worst postseason for a starter in NBA history. Not to mention he was a liability on defense as well.

Miami in 2011 was basically James, Wade, and Bosh playing inside of a box. The fact that they got to the Finals with the surrounding pieces (or lack there of) that they had was a testament to the raw ability of those three players. Chicago had the better depth top to bottom, but lacked the top end talents that Miami had.

Today Miami still has the better top end talent, while also having the better depth. That's why they've hoisted the trophy the last two years, and our in prime posistion to do so again. The Bulls are a contender, but I just don't see enough offense on their end to see any more different of a result than what happen in 2011. I still see the Heat employing the same defensive strategy(trapping Rose's PNR), and daring the rest of the guys to beat them.
    Last edited by PJR; 10-15-2013 at 10:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bingo123
    Just wanted to tell you that both Anthony(27,4 MPG) and Bibby(20,8 MPG) played more minutes in the playoffs than Bogans(19,2 MPG).Also, there is a reason why Anthony was considered the worst offensive player in the leauge by many and Bibby set the record (or was close to one) with his atrocius shooting 28% FG on WIDE OPEN SHOTS. So there is no way Bogans was holding the Bulls back more than those two guys did.
    When I say significant, Im talking about the fact that those two players are playing amongst 3 very dynamic players who can cover their weaknesses.

Agree to disagree, Bogans and 'Can't hit shit' Korver hurt the Bulls spacing way more. That's just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by PJR
    Nonsense. Joel Anthony was extremely detrimental to the Heat's spacing. He was literally incapable of cleanly catching a dump off pass,while being wide open. And Bibby whom the Heat had brought in for shooting, had possibly the worst postseason for a starter in NBA history. Not to mention he was a liability on defense as well.

Miami in 2011 was basically James, Wade, and Bosh playing inside of a box. The fact that they got to the Finals with the surrounding pieces (or lack there of) that they had was a testament to the raw ability of those three players. Chicago had the better depth top to bottom, but lacked the top end talents that Miami had.

Today Miami still has the better top end talent, while also having the better depth. That's why they've hoisted the trophy the last two years, and our in prime posistion to do so again. The Bulls are a contender, but I just don't see enough offense on their end to see any more different of a result than what happen in 2011. I still see the Heat employing the same defensive strategy(trapping Rose's PNR), and daring the rest of the guys to beat them.
    You had Mike Miller killing it from 3. Bibby was of little consequence.

Anthony protected the paint pretty well I thought. Sure, he wasn't great on his handles and couldn't finish to save his life, but he has the luxury of playing with 3 dynamic scorers who masked his weaknesses like I said.

NBA rookie of the year

Lol @ Mike Miller killing it from 3. You are doing some serious revising of history my man.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/..._2011_ECF.html

3 of 11. .273%

Anthony protected the paint pretty well I thought. Sure, he wasn't great on his handles and couldn't finish to save his life, but he has the luxury of playing with 3 dynamic scorers who masked his weaknesses like I said.
    I dont know if you are trolling or just dont know shit. Mike Miller was bad in 2011. This is not 2012 we are talking about here. Playing 3 on 5 is what finally destroyed the Heat in the finals that year.

Quote Originally Posted by PJR
    Lol @ Mike Miller killing it from 3. You are doing some serious revising of history my man.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/..._2011_ECF.html

3 of 11. .273%
    Bibby and Anthony performances = Watson, Korver, and bogans. That's what I got from that stat sheet. I was surprised to see how much Noah underperformed, I remember reports saying he was injured for much of that series...

Mike Miller had a game where he won it for the Heat, I stand corrected that he actually had a good series, he came to mind for pissing me off one way or another and it was actually that one game he had that hurt us. Think it was game 4 from memory...
    Last edited by poido123; 10-15-2013 at 10:56 AM.

Bibby and Anthony performances = Watson, Korver, and bogans. That's what I got from that stat sheet. I was surprised to see how much Noah underperformed, I remember reports saying he was injured for much of that series...

Mike Miller had a game where he won it for the Heat, I stand corrected that he actually had a good series, he came to mind for pissing me off one way or another and it was actually that one game he had that hurt us. Think it was game 4 from memory...
    Yeah he had some monster games:
    -G1: 4 pts
    -G2: 5 pts
    -G3: 6 pts
    -G4: 5 pts
    -G5: 0 pts

He was just killing it.

Quote Originally Posted by bingo123
    Yeah he had some monster games:
    -G1: 4 pts
    -G2: 5 pts
    -G3: 6 pts
    -G4: 5 pts
    -G5: 0 pts

He was just killing it.

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2011/5/2...ls-mike-miller

Wrong again pedo.

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix
    Wrong again pedo.
    You're almost always wrong and you're a notorious troll, that has to be something to be proud of right?

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix
    Wrong again pedo.
    Game 4 he did?

Not entirely wrong.