Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678

Default Re: Is OKC the only arena that prays before the game?

>To this the student replied, "Evil does not exist, sir, or at least it does not exist unto itself. Evil is simply the absence of God.
    Dude, why are you blasphemating ? God is EVERYWHERE. How dare you blasphemate ?

Quote Originally Posted by Floppy
    That has to be the dumbest made up story I've ever read and anybody who'd even consider Einstein being the professor must be borderline retarded.

And the "logical" conclusion that the absence of god = evil is the icing on this pile of shit.
    The story allegedly depicts Einstein as the witty student, not the professor. Your message is received regardless tho.

2012 I rep flatulence Cowboy Thunder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Leoshes
    Then to be fair they should give a prayer to every religion/god known to man, or none at all.
    Lol wtf is this.

There only 2 kinds of fair man... County and state.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy Thunder
    Lol wtf is this.

There only 2 kinds of fair man... County and state.
    How dare you talk to the Lord like that

I usually hit open layups

That fake Einstein story is typical... That's literally anyone who's a believer has left. I'm gonna make up a pro-god story using a scientist whom any educated (atheist) person would respect... But what religious people don't seem to understand is that non-believers are not believers in non-belief, we're skeptics. It would be quite a story if that tall-tale was true, but it wouldn't change any atheist's position. Einstein is an authority in physics, not in anything else. In fact, even authorities in specific scientific fields are not absolute authorities. Science, by definition, is in the business of skepticism. If it passes the test, its claim to truth simply increases in probability.

Religion (specifically the deliberate application of faith) makes you stupid...and the stupids make religion. It has a damn near perfect inverse correlation with knowledge and intellectual honesty.

Praise the FSM. Ramen!

Quote Originally Posted by maybeshewill13
    Really? I didn't know that. You Americans
    Don't lump us all in with those inbred retards.

Quote Originally Posted by memetherapy
    That fake Einstein story is typical... That's literally anyone who's a believer has left. I'm gonna make up a pro-god story using a scientist whom any educated (atheist) person would respect... But what religious people don't seem to understand is that non-believers are not believers in non-belief, we're skeptics. It would be quite a story if that tall-tale was true, but it wouldn't change any atheist's position. Einstein is an authority in physics, not in anything else. In fact, even authorities in specific scientific fields are not absolute authorities. Science, by definition, is in the business of skepticism. If it passes the test, its claim to truth simply increases in probability.

Religion (specifically the deliberate application of faith) makes you stupid...and the stupids make religion. It has a damn near perfect inverse correlation with knowledge and intellectual honesty.

Praise the FSM. Ramen!

Local High School Star

It's a pretty disrespectful thing to do considering all their fans are not Christian. Of course, if you asked them to stop, they'd cry that they were being discriminated against... If there's one thing you can count of from Christianity, it's an absolutely astounding level of hypocrisy.

Not airballing my layups anymore

How about a real quote from Albert Einstein?

"The word god is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honourable, but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish. No interpretation no matter how subtle can (for me) change this."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/20...ience.religion

Quote Originally Posted by maybeshewill13
    Really? I didn't know that. You Americans
    I agree with this and I'm an American.

Fact of the matter is: Religion is a bogus essence if taken completely serious and not just for the purpose of inner solace. Truth is that the main basis of every religion has been proven wrong, and it would be stupid to devote your life to lies and hypocrisy.

Chesapeake Energy Arena*

Madison Square Garden is the Mecca of Basketball.

[QUOTE=COnDEMnED]You seem like an intelligent person, perhaps you can help me understand some questions that got me removed from several private christian schools a few decades ago? As im a busy person, and im sure you are too, I will just use quick bullet points to shoot these out.

1. Dinosuars. Where are all the goddamn dinos in the bible. Adam and Eve, garden of eden, Evil tempting snakes, no dinosuars. I would read the bible more if jesus was shooting T-Rex with an AK-74u in Genesis. Whose with me?

2. God created heaven and earth in 7 days. God is portrayed as this super awesome, infallible being. Ipso facto, why the need for rest on the 7th day. God had muscle cramps? God needs to be hitting the gym more.

3. Difference between Old testament and new testament god. Why is old testament god such a dick? Why is the new testament god loving and kind? I already know the answere to this one, but I want to gauge what you know.

4. God murdered Ezekiels wife to prove a point...Ezekiel 24:3-14, Ezekiel 24:15-16aa, Ezekiel 24:16a-17, Ezekiel 24:16. God also told Ezekiel, after I kill your wife you arent allowed to mourn, cover your mouth, or eat the bread of man. Not a very nice god today, is he? Why is this?

5. Why would God ask Abraham (who lived 175 years, according to the bible. Thats another story) to slay his only son Issac on an alter, just to prove his faith to god.

6. Jonah and the Whale. Jonah directly went against gods wishes to preach repentance to the city of Nineveh. Went on a ship the opposit direction, got tossed off a boat, and swallowed by a whale until Jonah repent. Jonah stayed in the whale for three days until he repent and was released. Care to give your input on this one?

7. Deuteronomy 17. Basicly it says Stone to DEATH any person: man, woman, or child who has any other faith than Christianity. Whoah! God means business! I hope all these so called real christians out there dont actually read the bible (most of them dont, dont worry).

8. God says kill all the homos in Leviticus 20:13. ""If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They must be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads." Also in Leviticus, God says you will go do hell for eating Lobster, Shrimp, Bacon, Pork or Ham. Not joking! Also this, "Corinthians 6:9-10 says this:
    Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God" In other words, nobody gets to go to heaven. Bummer.

9. King David, (from david and goliath) had a gay, sexual relationship with Jonathan, son of King Saul.
    1 Samuel 18:1-3
    "Now it came about when he had finished speaking to Saul, that the soul of Jonathan was knit to the soul of David, and Jonathan loved him as himself. And Saul took him that day and did not let him return to his father's house. Then Jonathan made a covenant with David because he loved him as himself."

Jonathan also makes a covenant with David:

1 Samuel 20:16-17
    "So Jonathan made a covenant with the house of David, saying, "May the LORD require it at the hands of David's enemies." And Jonathan made David vow again because of his love for him, because he loved him as he loved his own life."

And later, when Jonathan is killed, David laments his loss with these words:

2 Samuel 1:25-26

Quote Originally Posted by COnDEMnED
    ILLsmak, Where are you? I need salvation! Please help me to understand your religion more! It is the duty of every devout christian to give guidance, spiritual or otherwise, when asked upon, so sayeth the lord jeebus, Amen!

Local High School Star Lord Leoshes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by G-train
    I'd say its only Christian pastors. It's their team, they can do what they want. If you have a problem dont come to the game. Yet the stadiums are full, so either people support it or dont mind.

I finish with that the biggest fools on earth are the ones that think they are too smart to believe in God. Copernicus, Newton, Brahe, Pasteur, Galileo... the list goes on of genius believers.
    Western civilisation in general are totally oblivious to what is happening spiritually around the world, they make their judgements based on what they have experienced in their culture, which often isnt true christianity.
    One example:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBtBHZtdU78

If you are religious you hate someone somewhere. Religion only breeds prejudice, hate, violence, & murder. More people have been killed in the name of some god then any other reason.

Religion is for weak minded people who seek comfort with the masses

Morality is doing what is right regardless of what you are told.
    Religion is doing what you are told regardless of what is right.

Prayer is the best way to feel like you're making a difference in the world without actally having to do jack $#!t.