Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 714151617
    Dunking on everybody in the park

Default Re: The Scottish Independence Referendum, 2014 Thread

Well done to Scotland in making the only choice. I can't wait to see Andy Murray now try and backtrack on his comments

Rule Britannia.

Good college starter

Scotland made the right choice. Your not as dumb as you look Scots.

Local High School Star Andrew Wiggins's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sweggeh
    Scotland made the right choice. Your not as dumb as you look Scots.
    the irony

NBA Superstar

couldn't they still vote to do this at any point in the future especially during a EU financial crisis? they seem pretty split so i can see one side going nuts when something bad happens to the EU that affects them. its just like Republicans do with domestic policies they don't like, and threaten to secede or shit like that.

Any state that wants independence should be allowed to vote on it. And then ten seconds later let's send in the army (since they'd have none) and stomp them into the freaking ground and annex them.

Everything is so intertwined, this "texas should be independent" makes no sense. Anyone who ever mentions that should be slapped, and if the secede sentence contains the word Obama in it they should be slapped twice.

Note NY never talks about secession. Because we're not ignorant hillbillies.

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    Any state that wants independence should be allowed to vote on it. And then ten seconds later let's send in the army (since they'd have none) and stomp them into the freaking ground and annex them.

Everything is so intertwined, this "texas should be independent" makes no sense. Anyone who ever mentions that should be slapped, and if the secede sentence contains the word Obama in it they should be slapped twice.

Note NY never talks about secession. Because we're not ignorant hillbillies.
    Yeah, I don't think Texans who support independence realize what a giant pain it would be. Suddenly they'd be paying international tariffs and have quotas enforced on their goods just to trade with the US, they'd be forced to institute taxes to pay for infrastructure that has always been built/maintained at the federal level, suddenly it has to supply and fund it's own army, etc. Texas is huge with a booming economy but separating yourself from the most lucrative free trade market in the world would be crazy.
    Last edited by Jailblazers7; 09-19-2014 at 09:38 AM.

College superstar BlackWhiteGreen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Godzuki
    couldn't they still vote to do this at any point in the future especially during a EU financial crisis? they seem pretty split so i can see one side going nuts when something bad happens to the EU that affects them. its just like Republicans do with domestic policies they don't like, and threaten to secede or shit like that.
    Cameron or any other leader won't just let them vote whenever they want. I don't know any non-British Scot who wants them to leave, apart from those idiots who wish they had the chance to leave. Newsflash: it's not that hard to emigrate

Banned