Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Pistons pick up Ilyasova

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Dunker
    Ilyasova can deff play periods at the 3, and he is actually a better defender than people give him credit for - he is surprisingly handy. Very good rebounder:

He has 14 x 15+ rebound games, putting him 4th all time for the Bucks in that category. I guess this is an area he separates himself from Jerebko,

Also, he was second in the NBA in 3-point shooting in 2011-12 at 45.5 percent and fourth the following season at 44.4. Another area he seperates himself from Jerebko.

I think he has a pretty good shot at being a very effective deep shooter and rebounder for SVG and this Pistons team. Biggest thing for Ersan is finding consistency, but I think he is in the best place he can be to fulfill this...
    I'll keep my head up in this one, but I feel like we got a tweener forward that will start, when he should be the firstan coming off the bench and spelling a starter. Whiiiiiiccchhhhh can still happen. There are some mighty tasty PF/SF options coming on the market that will fit with svg.

Namely Green, who I heard is not likely to come to the D, but man that is the gritty 3 ball/defender we need.

WHY DIDNT WE GET IGGGGGGYYYYY?!?!? **** Josh Smith.

Local High School Star Aussie Dunker's Avatar

I think that in todays league, Ersan is much more of a stretch 4, than a SF. With all this small ball going on and players such as DeRozen, Wiggins, Butler etc playing SF, I think he would be found out a little there...

I agree with Ersan being a GREAT first big man off the bench, he is versatile and would be a strong scorer, even somewhat of a "go-to" guy off the bench against other teams second units. And he could also be a closer for us too.

Hopefully we get T.Harris to man the PF - the new breed

NBA lottery pick

There's another wing player on the market now, Lebron James. We should offer him the max

Yeah but will already have Johnson, Miller, Martin and even Ilyasova can play SF, not sure how Lebron quite fits into our plans....

Learning to shoot layups

Ilyasova is a good versatile combo forward.

Can rebound, slash, hit some outside shots.

So far Ersan has been fairly average, not bad, but also not overly impactfull yet - it's early days so will need a larger sample size, hasn't really "stretched" the floor yet.

One positive thing I will say is that he looks comfortable, calm and not forcing anything of Offense, a big change up from Smith......

NBA lottery pick

I'm actually not expecting much from him. He seems like he's just going to be an average player.

I was expecting something like 13 / 7 with two 3's per game on good %,

By the small (very small) sample size so far, i'm thinking more like 10 / 5 with 1.5 threes...

NBA lottery pick

Right now I'm expecting more from Morris and Tolliver. Ilyasova seemed like a good fit but he hasn't impressed me at all yet.

Early days.. Early days,

Let's hope this changes, counting on him being able to knock down deep shots to spread the floor - counting on him to be our best shooter above 6'6

Every single time he touched the ball today he faked a shot immediately, very predictable, think he also picked up around 3 offensive fouls, takes far too many off-balance leaners when he gets himself in trouble...

Would not be surprised to see us start the season with todays starting lineup, with Stanley at the 3 and Morris at the 4

NBA lottery pick

Not only would I not be surprised, that's my preferred starting lineup. We need Stanley getting as much experience as possible. Plus it's just the best we have for a chance at winning a game right now.

NBA lottery pick

Although, without a doubt Ersan Ilyasova played way better than Morris did today. PF is going to kill us this year. Hopefully we can draft one after the season.

Loving what Bobby Portis is doing over in Chi town, would trade our 16' first round pick for him straight out!!

NBA lottery pick

They're probably loving that pick now too. Give him a few years for when Pau leaves town I'm guessing is what their plan is.