Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Kobe Bryant on pace for the second worst 3 point shooting season in history!

Kobe Bryant is currently on pace to attempt above 330 3 point shots this season (4,1pg) while shooting 31.5%. Of all NBA players in history who recorded more then 330 shots a season(>4pg) only Iverson has had a lower 3p%. 30,8% in 05. So even the worst three point shooting season in history is not impossible!

Kobe Kobe Kobe

Default Re: Kobe Bryant on pace for the second worst 3 point shooting season in history!

Quote Originally Posted by beermonsteroo
    Kobe Bryant is currently on pace to attempt above 330 3 point shots this season (4,1pg) while shooting 31.5%. Of all NBA players in history who recorded more then 330 shots a season(>4pg) only Iverson has had a lower 3p%. 30,8% in 05. So even the worst three point shooting season in history is not impossible!

Kobe Kobe Kobe
    Lol good one. And you know this wont go over well with kobe fans

Default Re: Kobe Bryant on pace for the second worst 3 point shooting season in history!

Boy, people are reeeeeeeeeeeally diggin deep into the statistical archives with shit like this, arent they?

NBA lottery pick

So?

Kobe could be shooting 38% from the field right now and he'd still be the best mid range jumper shooter in the NBA from anywhere.

didn't know that.
    i remmeber when Walker used to take many treys...he is probably in the top 10

College superstar

"Stats are for losers, so you keep looking at stats and we'll keep looking at wins"
    Last edited by Ne 1; 01-20-2011 at 03:01 PM.

Local High School Star

Man the life of a Kobe hater must be miserable

NBA fan: Kobe has 5 rings

Kobe hater: But his per isn't even top 5

NBA fan: But he has two Finals MVPs and one regular season MVP

Kobe hater: But he's on pace to miss the most shots in the history of the game

NBA fan: But he's number 8 scorer of all time

Kobe hater: But he's nothing without Shaq

NBA fan: He won without Shaq for 2 years in a row

Kobe hater: He's nothing without Fisher

NBA fan: Sigh...

How does my Dirk taste creepingdeath's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The_Yearning
    Kobe could be shooting 38% from the field right now and he'd still be the best mid range jumper shooter in the NBA from anywhere.
    No, that'd be Dirk.

Who give's a sh*t about such statistics anyway? His team's still 2nd seed in the tough West, Kobe's putting up good, but not special numbers. Yeah, he has declined, but he's still able to win games or even whole series on his own.

Quote Originally Posted by StacksOnDeck
    Man the life of a Kobe hater must be miserable

NBA fan: Kobe has 5 rings

Kobe hater: But his per isn't even top 5

NBA fan: But he has two Finals MVPs and one regular season MVP

Kobe hater: But he's on pace to miss the most shots in the history of the game

NBA fan: But he's number 8 scorer of all time

Kobe hater: But he's nothing without Shaq

NBA fan: He won without Shaq for 2 years in a row

Kobe hater: He's nothing without Fisher

NBA fan: Sigh...

Im sayin....I dont even know where to LOOK for some of the stats that some of these people find.

Some people here need to get into careers that involve numbers, and statistics though, because seriously, they LIKE that shit....Me? Ive never payed THAT much attention to them.

Particular statistics only became huge issues, when I started reading people here dissecting the hell out of them.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Yearning
    So?

It takes quite a lot of talent to be able to be the best mid range shooter from places that aren't mid range, lol. Anyways Kobe shooting so low from 3 shouldn't just be brushed off, imo. However, obviously it shouldn't be emphasized as well because Kobe is still a top 3-5 player and despite what his stats say in any given game he can be deadly from anywhere.

Well, what this says to me is that Kobe needs to calm down on the three point attempts.

Local High School Star

Serious question: Do you guys ever bring up stats and per in real life discussions about basketball? Because never have my friends and I ever talked about per. In fact I think I'm the only one that even knows what it is just because I'm on this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by StacksOnDeck
    Serious question: Do you guys ever bring up stats and per in real life discussions about basketball? Because never have my friends and I ever talked about per. In fact I think I'm the only one that even knows what it is just because I'm on this forum.

Ive never ever ever ever heard anyone discuss that term in real life....anywhere.

Banned

As always Kobe homers seem to have a hard time dealing with the truth.

Nuggets/Avs/Broncos. NuggetsFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oh the horror
    Boy, people are reeeeeeeeeeeally diggin deep into the statistical archives with shit like this, arent they?
    Honestly this isn't even digging deep or even that stupid. It's actually kinda need bit of info. Never knew Iverson had the worst season % vs attempts wise and wouldn't have guessed Kobe was on pace for the 2nd worst. There's far worse stat shit out there nowadays.