Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Default Re: Report: Knicks Have To Deal Gallinari To Acquire Carmelo

Melo+Amar'e+Parker or CP3=2004-2007 Phoenix Suns

They will put up great numbers but won't play defense. It will make for some great games, though.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thejumpa
    Melo+Amar'e+Parker or CP3=2004-2007 Phoenix Suns

They will put up great numbers but won't play defense. It will make for some great games, though.
    No they don't. Marion is a better rebounder and defender but the difference in scoring ability is so vast it's not worth discussing. Part of SA's postseason issues was that Marion would get routinely crushed by someone like Bruce Bowen. A great defender may keep Melo from running wild but he's not getting held in the low teens by anybody and will still get into the 20s.

Plus, those Suns were better than anything we've seen from the Knicks since Ewing's prime, including the '98 squad.

Decent college freshman game3524's Avatar

New York better jump on this, while they can.

Nah, let's wait till 2011. Why give away Gallo? Let's take our chances. We don't want Melo anyway.....punched Mardy Collins in the face and backpedaled away....at the Garden.

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    you're right. i think knick fans at times take too much for granted. what if he goes somewhere and they are a cinderella story? w hat if he wakes up, his knee hurts, and he calls and says GIVE ME THAT EXTENSION NOW!

Note to Knick fans - if we get Melo, Gallo is a bench player.
    That's the thing, they couldn't share meaningful minutes anyway, why hesitate to trade him?

Jameer Nelson is one of my favorite Magic players and basically carried us through a playoff series, but I wouldn't hesitate to trade him for Chris Paul should we get the chance.

Decent college freshman game3524's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zORi
    That's the thing, they couldn't share meaningful minutes anyway, why hesitate to trade him?

Jameer Nelson is one of my favorite Magic players and basically carried us through a playoff series, but I wouldn't hesitate to trade him for Chris Paul should we get the chance.
    Exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
    No they don't. Marion is a better rebounder and defender but the difference in scoring ability is so vast it's not worth discussing. Part of SA's postseason issues was that Marion would get routinely crushed by someone like Bruce Bowen. A great defender may keep Melo from running wild but he's not getting held in the low teens by anybody and will still get into the 20s.

Plus, those Suns were better than anything we've seen from the Knicks since Ewing's prime, including the '98 squad.
    I'm just saying....Melo and Amar'e are very similar in that they both are excellent scorers and thrive in fast-paced offenses. Add a quick PG like Tony Parker or CP3 and we will see a lot of scoring and assists. Unless NY were to get some random 7 footer who could play D, would you trust Amar'e guarding the paint? I sure as hell wouldn't. They would get murdered in a half court set. Carmelo can commit at times way but is way too inconsistent. I didn't even mention who their coach would be

The Phoenix comparisons are obvious. Not necessarily with the individual player comparisons, but moreso about the history of players/coaches and style of offense. It's never really won anything in the history of the league

Quote Originally Posted by zORi
    Basically. Any GM would be a fool to not do the trade.

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    you're right. i think knick fans at times take too much for granted. what if he goes somewhere and they are a cinderella story? w hat if he wakes up, his knee hurts, and he calls and says GIVE ME THAT EXTENSION NOW!

Note to Knick fans - if we get Melo, Gallo is a bench player.
    Im fine with that. However I dont like the idea of giving up Gallo & others like Chandler/AR to get Melo, when we could have all of them if we're patient enough to wait until 2011.

DaniloGallinari
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Gallo is going to develop into a LEGIT STAR!!!

There's no reason to give Gallinari away. Just play the waiting game. If Melo signs an extension somewhere else and goes to another team, so be it. I won't be broken up about it.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rowe
    Im fine with that. However I dont like the idea of giving up Gallo & others like Chandler/AR to get Melo, when we could have all of them if we're patient enough to wait until 2011.
    Like you did with lebron?

Honestly, all these knick fans would be terrible as GMs (hmm.. sort of like their real gms )

Quote Originally Posted by tpols

Honestly, all these knick fans would be terrible as GMs (hmm.. sort of like their real gms )
    Our GM is not terrible. Isiah is NOT our GM. Welcoem to 2010.

Quote Originally Posted by tpols
    What are you even talking about? We couldn't trade for Lebron anyway. We cleared cap space for 2010 and ended up with Amare, Felton, Randolph, Turiaf, Azubuike, and Mozgov. I think that's a pretty good summer. We didn't clear out space for one man, despite the media's obsession with him. Cleared out space for options and flexibility and to start from scratch.

As far as Melo, no reason to give up big time assets for him. Patience.....do we really want to cheer for him anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by thejumpa
    I'm just saying....Melo and Amar'e are very similar in that they both are excellent scorers and thrive in fast-paced offenses. Add a quick PG like Tony Parker or CP3 and we will see a lot of scoring and assists. Unless NY were to get some random 7 footer who could play D, would you trust Amar'e guarding the paint? I sure as hell wouldn't. They would get murdered in a half court set. Carmelo can commit at times way but is way too inconsistent. I didn't even mention who their coach would be

The Phoenix comparisons are obvious. Not necessarily with the individual player comparisons, but moreso about the history of players/coaches and style of offense. It's never really won anything in the history of the league