Page 1 of 16 123411 ... LastLast

Default Report: Knicks Have To Deal Gallinari To Acquire Carmelo

As for the Melo chatter, Knicks fans have to be ready to part with Gallinari if their team has any shot at trading for Carmelo. Fact.
    http://twitter.com/alanhahn

The Nuggets are going to shop Melo for 50 cents on the dollar at best, but the price-tag is going to have to be reasonable. The Knicks aren't going to get Carmelo for a package built around newly acquired Anthony Randolph. Gallinari is perhaps the Knicks' most attractive piece with his deadly shot and rising all-around game.

Not a chance.

I'd rather we wait until the summer to try to get Melo so he can play with Gallo, not giving up Gallo, Chandler, & maybe Randolph for Melo.

Default Re: Report: Knicks Have To Deal Gallinari To Acquire Carmelo

Quote Originally Posted by Rowe

Not a chance.

I'd rather we wait until the summer to try to get Melo so he can play with Gallo, not giving up Gallo, Chandler, & maybe Randolph for Melo.
    but wouldn't u just do it right now instead of taking your chances?

What i mean to say if you now have your chance to get a top 5 player in the NBA for Gallinari. Do you wait until other teams serenade him or you just take it right now

If Melo would want to be traded right now at this moment to NY for gallo and some other pieces to fill the salary, NY should take it

LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

obvious move to make then

they both play the same position and one is 10x the player the other is

Quote Originally Posted by Andrei89

What i mean to say if you now have your chance to get a top 5 player in the NBA for Gallinari. Do you wait until other teams serenade him or you just take it right now

If Melo would want to be traded right now at this moment to NY for gallo and some other pieces to fill the salary, NY should take it
    what other teams have the cap space to sign him?

Saw a basketball once Truth Teller's Avatar

As long as Melo' doesn't sign that extension, Denver will have to take whatever they can get from the Knicks because it's pretty evident he's leaving and has his heart set on NY. So it's pretty much the Nuggets can take a talented Anthony Randolph and scraps for Melo or the Knicks wait till the off-season and just sign without having to give up key pieces.
    Last edited by Truth Teller; 08-17-2010 at 02:48 PM.

7-time NBA All-Star

Bye Gallo, welcome Melo.

If the Nuggets can get Gallo, Chandler, and something else for Melo now... they better jump on it. They aren't going to get much better offers than that.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rowe

Not a chance.

You're not willing to give up gallinari, an unproven SF who hasn't shown he'll be that great for a top 5 wing player in the league? You want to wait till next year for him? Oh like you guys did for lebron?

Jump on it while you can.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

As much as I don't want to see him go, I would probably do the deal if that were all we had to give up (maybe throw in a future pick too).

Quote Originally Posted by tpols
    You're not willing to give up gallinari, an unproven SF who hasn't shown he'll be that great for a top 5 wing player in the league? You want to wait till next year for him? Oh like you guys did for lebron?

Exactly what i was thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by tpols

Exactly stop nut riding Gallo, all these riders. If you have the opportunity to take Melo why wait & play jeopardy?

DaniloGallinari
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

**** that, and **** your ugly ass avatar Draz.

I'll keep Gallo. Thank you.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Gallinari, two first rounders and some cap space might do it. Be real here, Melo is going to be a top scorer for another 8 years and have a few MVP-candidate seasons. And you want to hesitate over who? Danilo Gallinari? Come on. If you want to be great you have to pay the price. The Cs had to give up Al Jefferson to get KG and Big Al is/was more valuable than Gallinari. Not to mention, Gallinari plays Melo's position so he'd not be as valuable to NY. If this option is ever on the table it's a no-brainer. Thinking that NY is guaranteed to get Anthony as an FA takes way too much for granted, if the Bulls have cap space still (I'm not sure) they would be a better option for Melo to win, as just one example, and a lot can happen in a year for some new team to emerge as Melo's best option. Don't let it get that far if you can avoid it.

An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

wow, some of you knicks fans are delusional. So, a bird in hand in exchange for gallo or two in the bush? Cmon now, I know we all overrate our team's young players, but you (DG and Rowe specifically) are being ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrei89

you're right. i think knick fans at times take too much for granted. what if he goes somewhere and they are a cinderella story? w hat if he wakes up, his knee hurts, and he calls and says GIVE ME THAT EXTENSION NOW!

Note to Knick fans - if we get Melo, Gallo is a bench player.