Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Very good NBA starter

Default Re: Just how good is Tracy Mcgrady's Defense?

Quote Originally Posted by boozehound
    good post. as you and others have said, hes not 100% D effort kinda guy but itd be hard to do that with his importance in other roles as a handler, scorer, etc. he probably equals out slightly above average, but in spurts hes a very good perimeter defender (obviously not batt and artest level, but top 20-30 or something - i dont like rankings)
    He freaking shut down dirk in 05 playoffs

Quote Originally Posted by AItheAnswer3
    Hes better than Iverson

Good High School Starter SmackOrH.A.K's Avatar

T-Mac can be Kobe like defender when he is motivated and in important parts of the 4th quarter, overtime, and playoffs. But, I don't think he is ever a below average defender ever like many believe.

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by SLY
    Hes better than Iverson
    This topic isnt related to Iverson
    SO YOU

NBA rookie of the year Rockets(T-mac)'s Avatar

His defense on a regular basis is just above average to good. When it's clutch time or playoff time he is a very good defender. He has the length to block shots and reach around for steals, can move his feet well, and he due to his length and jumping ability he is good at contesting shots.

In Toronto he was known as a defensive stopper and a great shot blocker, this due to him having to focus on defense a lot since that was the only way he'd playing time. In his first 2 years in Orlando, he broke out offensively and still had his edge on the defensive end, probably his best years where he was doing it on both ends on a regular basis. Then as the offensive load started to get heavier in Orlando he started to focus more on offense and had to take it easier on defense. This continued to happen and when he left Orlando and came to Houston the injury bug started to hit him. Now he had to take it even easier on defense. In Houston he is nothing more than just above average. On ball defense and one-on-one defense he is very good at, can move his feet and stay in front of his man and contest, but off-ball he slacks off a bit and that is usually where he gets exploited.

I agree that he does coast on defense sometimes to save himself for the offensive end. When he is on a good offensive threat though he is usually focused and playing good defense. He has never really been a high steal guy because he doesn't gamble a lot. In this years playoffs his defense was very good for the most part. Usually he is a above average defender, but plays very good defense in clutch time and the playoffs.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

tmac when he tries his best is a good defender(kind of like his rebounding he could average 7-8 boards a game if he tried harder). he tries much harder in these areas during the playoffs.

Intelligent fan

His D was actually very good in Toronto.

RP 4 lyfe

tmac has ok D IMO.

Karl Malone's bastard TMac&Luther's Avatar

Tmac isn't called on to be the defensive stopper (although he still plays solid defense), but in the playoffs and when it matters he still can elevate his defense when he has too.

The last couple of seasons he's had to spend so much energy getting his shot and setting up teamates (he's pretty much been like a damn point guard on the offensive end) that there hasn't been much energy to play up to his ability on defense.

Hopefully Ron Artest will take pressure off of him on the offensive side and then he'll have the energy to make more plays on the other end.

Not airballing my layups anymore WeJustNeedaRing's Avatar

It's better than yours..

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by HakeemYaoTMac1
    Well the way he played against Ron Artest before going to the all-star game was very below average, he let the Kings catch up because of his lack of defense and Ron Artest hit a dying jumper because of T-Mac's lack of D
    Will you shutup you retarded yao only fan. what a joke. he puts a team avatar so noone suspect what a bandwagon troll yao fan boy you are. he sits infront of he's PC in china and disgraces all rockets fans over the net.

NBA lottery pick

Well you're regarded here and every wher else as the yao troll. that says something. lol

NBA lottery pick

Give me some evidence you p.ussy

Honestly, I think anybody on this forum can beat your little white ass I'm black and I'm a T-Mac fan, I've talked about Yao a lot but i'm more of a tmac fan, fa.ggot

Come to Houston you p.ussy and you'll fuc.king get your ass beat because I know other blacks who think Yao is better than Dwight and trust me they'll beat your loner ass. p.ussy
    If you think you can beat me up, you havent seen me you little small dick ***.

Banned

Jesus Christ...

*Leaves*

NBA lottery pick

Give me some evidence that i'm chinese...

Aside from making Yao threads, How can anybody be chinese?

Someone makes Charles Barkley threads, automatically a ni.gger?

idiot.
    You're a dumbass bandwagon troll. you've destroyed our image all over the net with you're yao obsession.