Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dunking on everybody in the park

Default Linda Rambis is in rarefied air

We were all told a month ago that Linda Rambis effectively runs the Lakers organisation after Magic quit, and now she's just pulled off the most influential player move in the league since Shaq to la and Lebron to Miami.

Look at the execs behind those moves - Pat Riley, Jerry West, now Linda Rambis.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

Default Re: Linda Rambis is in rarefied air

Linda "goat" Rambis

Low key genius and mastermind

She stuck to her guns - she knew the greedy, narcissistic Rich Paul group wouldn't back down on AD's ridiculous trade demands and collusion attempt..

She understands the Rich Paul marketing and positioning strategy and knew those dickheads wouldn't back off their trade demands

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

We were all told a month ago that Linda Rambis effectively runs the Lakers organisation after Magic quit, and now she's just pulled off the most influential player move in the league since Shaq to la and Lebron to Miami.

Anthony Carters agent forgetting to do the paperwork to opt him into his final year in Miami might have it beat. Off the top of my head....

Carter accidentally opting out gave the Heat cap space to sign Odom from the Clippers...Odom was needed in Miami to match salaries trade for Shaq....who helped them win a title...*1 ring impact*

Caron Butler went to LA with Odom....and was later traded for Kwame...who was traded with the rights for Marc Gasol....for Pau Gasol.

Lakers won 2 titles. *3 ring impact*

Shaq got old and his contract was needed to trade to Phoenix for Marion....who was needed to trade for Jermaine Oneal...whos expiring deal is how the Heat had cap space to sign the Big 3. They won 2 more rings *5 ring impact*

Lebron being able to join the Heat destroyed the Cavs who then were able to lose enough to get Kyrie....who justified Lebrons return. *6 ring impact*

Lebrons 6th ring justified signing KD to the Warriors...for 2 more*8 ring impact*

And who did we forget? Waaaaaaaaaay back there in the Gasol to La trade...Marc Gasol went to Memphis...who then traded him for Jonas....which helped the Raptors win....

Anthony Carters agent set in motion the line of events that we are still living...with a 9 ring impact on history.

Bill Duffy...currently the agent for Mike Coney, Zach Lavine, Vucevic, Ayton, Doncic, and others...may have made the most significant "mistake"(if indeed it was) in history.

Hes still paying Carter back if youre wondering. He agreed on a payment plan that lasts till 2020.

College superstar The Iron Fist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    Anthony Carters agent forgetting to do the paperwork to opt him into his final year in Miami might have it beat. Off the top of my head....

Carter accidentally opting out gave the Heat cap space to sign Odom from the Clippers...Odom was needed in Miami to match salaries trade for Shaq....who helped them win a title...*1 ring impact*

Caron Butler went to LA with Odom....and was later traded for Kwame...who was traded with the rights for Marc Gasol....for Pau Gasol.

Shaq got old and his contract was needed to trade to Phoenix for Marion....who was needed to trade for Jermaine Oneal...whos expiring deal is how the Heat had cap space to sign the Big 3. They won 2 more rings *5 ring impact*

Lebron being able to join the Heat destroyed the Cavs who then were able to lose enough to get Kyrie....who justified Lebrons return. *6 ring impact*

Lebrons 6th ring justified signing KD to the Warriors...for 2 more*8 ring impact*

And who did we forget? Waaaaaaaaaay back there in the Gasol to La trade...Marc Gasol went to Memphis...who then traded him for Jonas....which helped the Raptors win....

Anthony Carters agent set in motion the line of events that we are still living...with a 9 ring impact on history.

Bill Duffy...currently the agent for Mike Coney, Zach Lavine, Vucevic, Ayton, Doncic, and others...may have made the most significant "mistake"(if indeed it was) in history.

Hes still paying Carter back if youre wondering. He agreed on a payment plan that lasts till 2020.
    [Jesse Lee]Amazin

Well, that was unexpected. Dayum.

Sharing such useless and usually boring information is about 60% of my purpose for being here.

- snip -
    The Butterfly Effect confirmed.

How on earth does Kblaze even know all this

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Feeny
    How on earth does Kblaze even know all this
    He's obviously compensating for his lack of actual basketball knowledge, as in on-court activities

He's more of a historian of useless shit, like he said... He likes watching, but lacks understanding, so he fills his head with useless garbage instead.. and he's clearly proud of what he knows
    Last edited by 3ball; 06-16-2019 at 04:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 3ball
    He's obviously compensating for his lack of actual basketball knowledge, as in on-court activities

He's more of a historian of useless shit, like he said... He likes watching, but lacks understanding, so he fills his head with useless garbage instead.. and he's clearly proud of what he knows
    At least he posts actual fact instead of copy pasting old information rounded down or completely wrong on purpose like one guy named 3ball. He's pretty great at the mental gymnastics it takes to rope Mj, a guy who hasn't played a meaningful game since 98 into every topic he posts in.......

Quote Originally Posted by sdot_thadon

[COLOR="DarkRed"]At least[/COLOR] he posts actual fact instead of copy pasting old information rounded down or completely wrong on purpose like one guy named 3ball. He's pretty great at the mental gymnastics it takes to rope Mj, a guy who hasn't played a meaningful game since 98 into every topic he posts in.......
    Stopped reading right there..

Quote Originally Posted by 3ball
    Stopped reading right there..
    Someone with your strange thought process would. no surprise here. I'm literally shocked you can read as often as you post incorrect stats.

Quote Originally Posted by sdot_thadon
    Someone with your strange thought process would. no surprise here. I'm literally shocked you can read as often as you post incorrect stats.

As often as this guy bases his entire argument on stats(often fabricated ones) I dont know why hed even talk about people understanding basketball. Nobody needs to watch a game to grasp any of his points. If its not numbers its some mind bending take like how a team proved it isnt that good because of how it played with its stars missing.

I long ago gave up thinking he could be reasoned with. Hes not looking for a conversation. Hes looking for a fight he decides all his answers for in advance and wont do anything but repeat them in slightly different order. Now and then I read some claim so amazing to behold I have to ask for clarity...but I always feel foolish to have bothered.

You cant get clarity from 3ball. You get his OP slightly modified 36 times so if it didnt make sense to begin with...its not gonna start later. Yet we still point out the problems like hes gonna come in and give a little more detail about how he came to such weird conclusions.

Its as much our fault as his.

Hes looking for a fight he decides all his answers for in advance and wont do anything but repeat them in slightly different order.
    3ball in one sentence

Well if your argument is that I post false stats than I feel good because I know I don't

Comments like that confirm that my arguments are correct and you guys are grasping at straws.. lol at "rounding down"... My bad - Pippen averaged 17.6 on 40.8% in the 96-98' playoffs, not 17 on 40.. lol.. you guys got me!!