View Poll Results: Are you old enough that you actually watched Bill Russell as he was playing LIVE?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

8 40.00%
  • No

12 60.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default No bullshit... how many of you are old enough to have watched Bill Russell play LIVE?

I'm guessing there's like less than 5 people on this forum, if that, that can make that claim... and probably maybe 1 or 2 of them at most actually post?

Default Re: No bullshit... how many of you are old enough to have watched Bill Russell play LIVE?

Russell is the goat. 8 peated? Holy fvck this is while wilt played on equally talented teams

Default Re: No bullshit... how many of you are old enough to have watched Bill Russell play LIVE?

I was in my mid teens when he won his last ring, so I'd say I count

You really think there's 60 year old dudes that post on this absolute shithole

I imagine he was the greatest team player ever. Would do anything and everything he could to win. Get every 50-50 ball and defend the paint. I don't know how he'd be today, I would bet he would be successful. He would hedge pick and rolls the way Ben Wallace in his prime on the Pistons would. The ultimate team player

Quote Originally Posted by imdaman99
    I imagine he was the greatest team player ever. Would do anything and everything he could to win. Get every 50-50 ball and defend the paint. I don't know how he'd be today, I would bet he would be successful. He would hedge pick and rolls the way Ben Wallace in his prime on the Pistons would. The ultimate team player
    He

Quote Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents
    You really think there's 60 year old dudes that post on this absolute shithole
    Maybe one or two, sure.

50 years ago was his last season... they'd likely have to be older than 60 to have any sort of real experience formed opinion. Probably have to be 70.

Bill Russell himself has a twitter so I wouldn't put it past a few 70 year olds that read these boards and rarely post.

They'd basically have to be 80 to have seen his entire career.
    Last edited by Shogon; 06-04-2019 at 10:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shogon
    Maybe one or two, sure.

50 years ago was his last season... they'd likely have to be older than 60 to have any sort of real experience formed opinion. Probably have to be 70.

Bill Russell himself has a twitter so I wouldn't put it past a few 70 year olds that read these boards and rarely post.
    I did.

[QUOTE=Vino24]He

We all saw what Ben Wallace did for his team in those back to back titles while beating a 7ft behemoth in Shaq. Now imagine doing that 8 times in a row to an even MORE athletic Shaq

To have seen Russell play you pretty much have to be 60+ right now.

I can't imagine trolling on a basketball board at 60+

Quote Originally Posted by FireDavidKahn
    To have seen Russell play you pretty much have to be 60+ right now.

I can't imagine trolling on a basketball board at 60+
    We did have a Wilt Stan here remember? Lazerus He might of passed away (hasn

Quote Originally Posted by Gus Hemmingway
    I was in my mid teens when he won his last ring, so I'd say I count
    Mid teens? Lets say 14.

Russell last won his championship in 1969. So we're conservatively looking at a 64 year old posting here.

Quote Originally Posted by imdaman99
    I didn't say he was goat. But you act like being Ben Wallace on defense with some semblance of an offensive game is not impressive. Ben Wallace was one of the greatest team defensive players I've ever seen. A guy like Gobert makes a team a contender with just his defensive skills, I'm sure Bill Russell would do even more.
    Russell wouldn't nearly be as good in today's league vs. the era he played in. He was a 6'10" 215 center. I doubt there is a starting center close to being that light in the league. Russell would still be elite but Rudy would be a much better player in today's league.

Quote Originally Posted by FireDavidKahn
    Russell wouldn't nearly be as good in today's league vs. the era he played in. He was a 6'10" 215 center. I doubt there is a starting center close to being that light in the league. Russell would still be elite but Rudy would be a much better player in today's league.
    Yet he kicked the shit out of a 7ft 300+ lb center yearly...