Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast
    Best poster ever High Potential's Avatar

Default Re: With all of these conspiracies being revealed, one mystery remains: The Spurs

Quote Originally Posted by Myth
    Maybe the Spurs were so good that even crooked refs couldn't stop them!

Does this make them the greatest team of all time then?
    That's what I'm thinking, because I can never think of a series that really seemed rigged in their favor.

I think the Spurs are a clean team.

To the skeptics: Ref smear campaign against Yao Ming in 2005 Rockets vs Mavs
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=7eY8qGHU52E

Default Re: JVG was right: ROCKETS vs MAVS, Round 1, 2005 WAS ALSO RIGGED!!

Quote Originally Posted by ZOMG
    Have you ANY idea how quickly those kind of plays happen when you're at court level with the players? How little time the refs have to make decisions?
    Thank ****in Christ you're here.

Seriously.

Saw a basketball once

Default Re: With all of these conspiracies being revealed, one mystery remains: The Spurs

Detroit/LA had the highest ratings since the Jordan days for a reason. That series had the "David vs. Goliath" angle going big time. Everyone watched that series.

"I'm Tim Donaghy, I'm going to jail.. how do I deflect attention from myself and lump **** on the people sending me there?

Hmm.. I know.. I'll find the 2 most controversial series of the last 5 years, attach my name to the conspiracy theorists' idea that they were rigged and watch people collectively nut themselves."

You guys are easier to play than pinball.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by High Potential
    That's what I'm thinking, because I can never think of a series that really seemed rigged in their favor.

I don't recall any games where they were helped or hurt (unless you count the league going by the books on Amare and Diaw). I'd like to point out that I was being sarcastic above as well. I don't think they are the greatest of all time and I don't think that they won "despite refs being against them".

1984-2007: Stern steals Christmas.
    1999: Stern attempts to eliminate chocolate bars. Fails.
    2006: Stern cooks up Hurricane Katrina in his secret lab.

[QUOTE=NewYorkUSCtrojan][B]Is The NBA Rigged? The Miami Heat which probably was not one of the top five teams in the League won the disputed Championship. Now the NBA is selling Dwayne Wade T-shirts, Shaq T-shirts, all sorts of Miami Heat Junk. Since the Playoffs ended some two weeks ago I have Not spoken to one Person who thought the playoffs were fairly officiated . A Q rockets mavs was rigged,but miami worked hard to win the finals.heat bulls was also rigged because most people say skillespayedtheoffs.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by High Potential

Speechless after watching that rox vid.literally speechless.

Best poster ever High Potential's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by juju151111
    Speechless after watching that rox vid.literally speechless.
    Dirk Nowitzki was untouchable by the refs that series, I have no doubt in my mind that alot of money came out of Mark Cuban's pocket for that one.

Halftime segment about the new findings. Van Gundy addresses the allegations. Says he still beleives its true that Yao Ming was unfairly targeted.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWf4JZWi0sY

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealFact25
    Basically, when the Spurs or the Pistons won, it means that the riggings didn't work according to Stern's plan. That's all there is to it. Stern's formula for rigging is simple:

"find an athletic swingman who can sell a lot of shoes and help his team win the championship."

He came up with that formula after realizing how much money MJ brought him after the 1st three-peat.

Riggings started in 1996. From then, up to 2007, here are the successfull riggings:

The failed ones:
    1999 (there was rigging to prevent Pacers to go to the finals, instead Dick The Knick Bavetta saved Stern's favorite team besides the Fakers).
    2003 (the Fakers shot themselves in the foot, what Stern wanted was a quad-peat, thank God that didn't happen)
    2004 (there was rigging by arranging the evil forces of Karl Malone and Gary Payton to join the Fakers, thankfully this blew up in Stern's face)
    2005 (the great thing of this season is the Fakers weren't in the playoffs, but Stern wanted Heat to go to the finals because of the Shaq trade, but the Pistons foiled him)
    2006 (come on, there is no way Mark Cuban gets a championship while Stern is still in charge)
    2007 (Cavs vs Pistons. I like Lebron but Stern wanted to punish the Pistons for ruining his dreams in 2004 and 2005)

We'll see if the rigging of 2008 (Kwame for Gasol trade) will be successful for Stern or not. Hopefully not.
    How he rig 96-98 when the bulls were the best team in the league anyways?

Saw a basketball once

Awful.

Saw a basketball once Streetball Sage's Avatar

I'm a Rockets fan and would love to be able to say there was a conspiracy holding us back in the 2005 Playoffs, but it doesn't make any economic sense for the NBA.

Why would they be against Yao Ming advancing?

That Michael Finley non-call was outlandishly horrible though.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by Indian guy
    Give me a break. Up 2-0 in the series, Houston had an 8 point lead in BOTH Game 3 and 4 with about 6 minutes left in the game. And they couldn't close it out either time with NOTHING fishy happening! If it was indeed rigged, Dallas would've never been trailing by such a deficit so late in the 4th qtr to begin with. Houston choked period.
    huh? http://youtube.com/watch?v=7eY8qGHU52E yep yao was abused that series.This is just a sample of wat happen.

Retired ISH Legend