Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Anthony Davis better then Blake Griffin?

Let's say Griffin is Shawn Kemp while Davis is KG
    KG, is miles better than Shawn Kemp, yeah?

Davis' game is just so polished. Give him 4 years, and he'll be one of the elite players in the league

Quote Originally Posted by alec613

Davis' game is just so polished. Give him 4 years, and he'll be one of the elite players in the league
    Agreed. The lakers need to poach us some talent soon. I think we can rebuild while Kobe is there so once he leaves the dynasty can continue.

Quote Originally Posted by TAZORAC
    Neither has post moves but are good dunkers, the difference is Davis is a great shot blocker and deters alot of shots. We know Griffin gets more attention, but I think Davis is better.

If I'm in the front office of a good veteran team like the Spurs, Heat etc, I'd try to trade for Davis while he's still relatively cheap.
    Stopped reading there

Quote Originally Posted by Yankstar
    I am exaggerating, but obviously his shooting, defense and passing are not up to the same standard as other big men. He only get the attention because of his dunks, if not he would be a very average player.

I lied, had to keep reading how stupid some people are.

Quote Originally Posted by alec613

Let's say Irving is Arenas while Bledsoe is Mini-LeBron.
    LeBron is miles better than Arenas, yeah?

Last edited by qrich; 04-10-2013 at 04:11 AM.

griffin now and i don't think it's that close. ceiling? davis. still needs to add bulk and more of a post game. griffin's post game has more to do with below average footwork than anything else. davis is just inexperienced.

i just think soon that a double double game for davis will be considered 'bad'. he'll have 20+ points and 10+ boards with multiple blocks coming up soon. KG? not quite. still think KG had insane handles for a big and great timing passing out of the box. davis has shown those flashes though for sure. his jumper is also pretty natural mechanics wise. he's still really getting used to his growth spurt.

i'll put it this way...given e-go's injury history, i'd much rather try to trade him now and build around davis than the other way around. trade e-go to sac town for thornton and a 1st round pick. i'd seriously consider that. vasquez can handle the traditional PG role.

It won't be long when Davis will eventually replace Griffin on an all-star game, despite Griffin being more popular and all

Quote Originally Posted by qrich

Let's say Irving is Arenas while Bledsoe is Mini-LeBron.
    LeBron is miles better than Arenas, yeah?

Don't see any similarities
    But if you say so
    Last edited by alec613; 04-10-2013 at 04:15 AM.

NBA rookie of the year senelcoolidge's Avatar

some of the shit you read on ISH. I don't know if people are serious or they just don't know anything.

Blake was putting up 20-10 with ease in his first full 'rookie' year. He could very well put up 20-10 now but he has sacrificed his numbers game for a very deep Clippers bench and for team victories.

I really like Anthony Davis, but as of right now he's an offensive nonfactor. He'll score some points, but put him on a serious team, and have someone actually check him, in an important game? He won't reach double figures unless it's putbacks.

These are two of my favorite players, but I consider them both huge underachievers at this point. Though Davis is a rookie who's had to deal with injuries, and Griffin is still a top 20 player.

It'd be amazing if these two somehow ended up on the same team. They'd complement each other wonderfully.
    Last edited by Clifton; 04-10-2013 at 08:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by toooo
    Melo gets MVP.

Griffin is better IMO. His dunks are straight up disgusting, they are ****ing nasty.
    You only get two points for a dunk, who gives a sh.it if somebody's dunk is "disgusting".

Serious playground baller Donkey4trading's Avatar

i would take Davis > Blake EVERY DAY OF THE YEAR

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by DuMa
    Blake was putting up 20-10 with ease in his first full 'rookie' year. He could very well put up 20-10 now but he has sacrificed his numbers game for a very deep Clippers bench and for team victories.

Did he take a step back last year for the bench too? He's the only superstar that I have ever seen in which his stats have gone down each of his first 3 years.

2010/2011 - 22.5/12.1/3.8
    2011/2012 - 20.7/7.6/3.2
    2012/2013 - 18.2/6.1/3.7

I'd be interested to know if there are any other stars that have seen their stats drop for their first 3 seasons. Usually players get better after the rookie year.

High School Varsity 6th Man The Real JW's Avatar

I think Griffin-hating might've surpassed Kobe- and LeBron-hating on ISH. It's kinda funny.

2012/2013 - 18.2/6.1/3.7
    Is that real? Six rebounds?

How in hell do you get less than 8 rebounds a game as a big-minute PF? Half of them just fall into your hands because of where you are on the floor.

National High School Star b0bab0i's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastic
    Did he take a step back last year for the bench too? He's the only superstar that I have ever seen in which his stats have gone down each of his first 3 years.

2010/2011 - 22.5/12.1/3.8
    2011/2012 - 20.7/7.6/3.2
    2012/2013 - 18.2/6.1/3.7

I'd be interested to know if there are any other stars that have seen their stats drop for their first 3 seasons. Usually players get better after the rookie year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Clifton
    Is that real? Six rebounds?

How in hell do you get less than 8 rebounds a game as a big-minute PF? Half of them just fall into your hands because of where you are on the floor.

Same thing is happening with Chris Paul. Playing less minutes this year because they have been blowing out teams in the first half of the season. Even all the sports analyst mention this.
    Last edited by b0bab0i; 04-10-2013 at 12:37 PM.

Dunking on everybody in the park KrizMiz's Avatar

Only read the title and i can say

YES ! 100%

idc about any other optnion, BG is a f@g and so much overrated!