Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: I Can't Wait for LeBron to Leave the Cavs or Retire...

Quote Originally Posted by zizozain

RBA
    I forgot bout rba

The Holy Trinity

Quote Originally Posted by Papaya Petee
    lol **** it well take him back on the Heat with open arms.
    No, we won't. If Riley has any pride, he'd hang up the phone if LeBron called, inquiring about a return.

And what would be the point? Given that the presence of LBJ reduces the production of other stars by about 40 percent, what are you getting from Wade then, at this stage, let alone Bosh, if he ever returns? Does CB go back to being purely a safety valve? And where does that leave Dragic? And Joe Johnson, who seems to want to stick around?

No Heat lineup with the addition of LBJ gives them a chance against either the Warriors or Spurs (Durant, on the other hand, would be ideal because he doesn't take other players out of their games, thus not minimizing their productivity). So bringing back LeBron would simply perpetrate the greatest reputational crime against the Heat, one that was narrowly avoided-- the psychological association of the franchise with anyone other than Wade.

I don't know how Heat fans don't feel conflicted about the 2012 and 2013 titles. They were attained by blatant collusion. To the extent that they somewhat burnish Wade's legacy, I'll take them. But, I'd trade them in a heartbeat for the chance to go back to 2010 and spend the money spent on LeBron on a real supporting cast for Wade. Imagine Wade in 2011 with the cumulative talent level of his 2016 cast. The NBA would have gotten curb-stomped.

LeBron has yet to prove he can win a ring without standing on Wade's shoulders. To the Heat, he was a mercenary, nothing more. We used him, true, but not as much as he used us. He's a ringless wonder without Wade and the Heat.
    Last edited by jrong; 03-01-2016 at 12:27 AM.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by jrong
    No, we won't. If Riley has any pride, he'd hang up the phone if LeBron called, inquiring about a return.

And what would be the point? Given that the presence of LBJ reduces the production of other stars by about 40 percent, what are you getting from Wade then, at this stage, let alone Bosh, if he ever returns? Does CB go back to being purely a safety valve? And where does that leave Dragic? And Joe Johnson, who seems to want to stick around?

No Heat lineup with the addition of LBJ gives them a chance against either the Warriors or Spurs (Durant, on the other hand, would be ideal because he doesn't take other players out of their games, thus not minimizing their productivity). So bringing back LeBron would simply perpetrate the greatest reputational crime against the Heat, one that was narrowly avoided-- the psychological association of the franchise with anyone other than Wade.

I don't know how Heat fans don't feel conflicted about the 2012 and 2013 titles. They were attained by blatant collusion. To the extent that they somewhat burnish Wade's legacy, I'll take them. But, I'd trade them in a heartbeat for the chance to go back to 2010 and spend the money spent on LeBron on a real supporting cast for Wade. Imagine Wade in 2011 with the cumulative talent level of his 2016 cast. The NBA would have gotten curb-stopped.

LeBron has yet to prove he can win a ring without standing on Wade's shoulders. To the Heat, he was a mercenary, nothing more. We used him, true, but not as much as he used us. He's a ringless wonder without Wade and the Heat.
    Except in 2013 when he won with Wade's weak ass

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

I don't know how Heat fans don't feel conflicted about the 2012 and 2013 titles. They were attained by blatant collusion. To the extent that they somewhat burnish Wade's legacy, I'll take them. But, I'd trade them in a heartbeat for the chance to go back to 2010 and spend the money spent on LeBron on a real supporting cast for Wade. Imagine Wade in 2011 with the cumulative talent level of his 2016 cast. The NBA would have gotten curb-stomped.

...this is just ****ing nonsense.

I honestly don't think Lebron will ever win again with this team. They absolutely needed to get rid of Kevin Love. The guy can't play defense. If I were Cleveland I'd bench him and just play Tristan Thompson. Love would be far more usefull in the second unit.

Only way bron can spank Curry's ass is to team up with an elite big man.

DAVIS FTW!

I thought OP was being sarcastic
    I still think he is

with God-given ass JimmyMcAdocious's Avatar

OP setting himself up for a thread bump. Basically the equivalent of a reverse jinx.

But I called it out so it's not going to happen. Nice try, tho. Sneaky attempt.

Where is RBA anyway? I haven't seen that guy post since he said people are sleeping on the Cavs post-OKC game.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyMcAdocious
    OP setting himself up for a thread bump. Basically the equivalent of a reverse jinx.

But I called it out so it's not going to happen. Nice try, tho. Sneaky attempt.

Where is RBA anyway? I haven't seen that guy post since he said people are sleeping on the Cavs post-OKC game.
    I've been around. TBH, I've been scaling back my Internet usage the last couple months all the way around.

Real life comes calling occasionally.

Quote Originally Posted by Hey Yo
    An alleged Cleveland fan would never want one of it's sports teams to lose.

FACT!
    It's Cleveland sports, losing is in their DNA. They can't handle a successful season.

TomBrady
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by knicksman
    Theres only one winner my friend. And it is called kobe/curry/knicks fam

Quote Originally Posted by knicksman
    Theres only one winner my friend. And it is called kobe/curry/knicks fam

what a joker

kalloooooshun

Called it ages ago, real cavs fans must be spewing. LeDiva comes back to town, changes the whole team, coach and makes it all about himself..

Lol at anyone in this thread saying the cavs are in a good position to win a title

Bran is already declining like crazy, funny how his only rings will have come from leaving his team to coat tail batman wade.. Pathetic

Not really. Pride doesn't get you hundreds of millions in revenue or trips to the Finals. LeBron does. He would sign LeBron in a heartbeat. Almost every GM in the league would.

Irving just had the best season of his career with LeBron. Wade, Bosh, and almost every player who has ever played with with LeBron, have some of their most efficient seasons with him.

Dragic/Wade
    Wade/JJ/Green
    LeBron/Winslow/Green/Deng
    Bosh/Deng/McBob
    Whiteside/Bosh

That team might not win against the Warriors, but they'd do a LOT better than the current Cavs with LeBron.

I don't know how Heat fans don't feel conflicted about the 2012 and 2013 titles. They were attained by blatant collusion.
    Who gives a shit. My team won 2 rings and went to 4 straight Finals. Did the team break any rules of FA?

To the extent that they somewhat burnish Wade's legacy, I'll take them.
    Yeah, no.

But, I'd trade them in a heartbeat for the chance to go back to 2010 and spend the money spent on LeBron on a real supporting cast for Wade. Imagine Wade in 2011 with the cumulative talent level of his 2016 cast. The NBA would have gotten curb-stomped.
    Good thing you don't run the team. Wade was still brilliant in '12 and during the '13 RS, but the Heat are not replicating the success without LeBron on the team. Not even close.

Could say the same for a ton of other players. MJ without Pip = ringless. Kobe without Shaq/Gasol = ringless. ETC..

Just be glad that we had him for the 4 years and that he helped us win two rings.