Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Kobe Stan

Default Giannis really is a freak

He isn't nearly as skilled or polished as guys like KD, Curry, Harden, etc..yet he doesn't have to be. He is Shaq/Wilt like. Dude just forces his way into the paint and dunks.

Default Re: Giannis really is a freak

Really?

What should we call him? The Greek Circus? Any ideas?

The Greek Freak-A-Leak

they used to call him long dick mcgee but nike scratched that name

Bron/Brady not top 10 Mr.GOAT2408's Avatar

He doesn't have to be but you can tell he wants to be, once he hits his actual prime I think he'll be very skilled to go along with being the most physically dominant player in the game.

He's already an excellent ball-handler and passer as is, and that spin move is insane, he times it so well

National High School Star Rudeboy3's Avatar

Can you people fk off with this "Giannis isn't skilled" bs. You try being 7ft, handling the ball, passing, dominating in the paint without turning it over and having great defensive awareness and tell me that isn't skilled. foh, just because he doesn't dribble between his legs ten thousand times and do ****ing fadeaways doesn't mean he isn't skilled you casuals.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudeboy3
    Can you people fk off with this "Giannis isn't skilled" bs. You try being 7ft, handling the ball, passing, dominating in the paint without turning it over and having great defensive awareness and tell me that isn't skilled. foh, just because he doesn't dribble between his legs ten thousand times and do ****ing fadeaways doesn't mean he isn't skilled you casuals.
    THANK YOU.

To people on this forum, skill is FOOTWORK and DRIBBLE MOVES and thats it.

Kobe Stan

I'm talking about on offense. He isn't anything special skill wise on ALL aspects of offense...hence why he is called the freak because he dominates physically.

He has a simple game, doesn't mean he isn't dominant. But he is clearly above average skill wise at best. Dude can barely make shots outside of the paint.

National High School Star Rudeboy3's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by StrongLurk
    I'm talking about on offense. He isn't anything special skill wise on ALL aspects of offense...hence why he is called the freak because he dominates physically.

He has a simple game, doesn't mean he isn't dominant. But he is clearly above average skill wise at best. Dude can barely make shots outside of the paint.
    so your definition of offensively is skilled is just shooting? like leading the league in unassisted dunks isn't skill? Shooting 70% on 2s isn't skill?

He can literally score on anyone using his length in every way other than shooting lol.

Bron/Brady not top 10 Mr.GOAT2408's Avatar

By "skillz" we're saying that he's closer to Shaq than Hakeem. Again, when you're as physically dominant as him it's not a big concern but having watched most of his games (and all his highlights) he's not the most refined player. It's one reason he gets called for so much offensive fouls - the most iirc

And frankly that's how he should (and most likely does) think, the thought of him having a more refined game is frightening. Like I said earlier he's mastered the spin move, his touch around the rim is Shaq-esque, and the eurostep is unguardable. I saw him turn into prime Shaq in the 3rd quarter of iirc the 2nd Nuggets matchup and even if Jokic isn't exactly prime Mutombo it was good to see that from Giannis

Kobe Stan

so your definition of offensively is skilled is just shooting? like leading the league in unassisted dunks isn't skill? Shooting 70% on 2s isn't skill?
    No it's not just shooting. But are you really this retarded? He's shooting that high on twos because he is a freak of nature and can just dunk over people or take two steps around the defender...

Do you think Shaq is as skilled as Dirk?

We are talking about skill relative to an NBA player, not some joe schmo walking around on the streets...

5-time NBA All-Star

No it's not just shooting. But are you really this retarded? He's shooting that high on twos because he is a freak of nature and can just dunk over people or take two steps around the defender...

Do you think Shaq is as skilled as Dirk?

We are talking about skill relative to an NBA player, not some joe schmo walking around on the streets...
    His footwork is the best in the game. It

He's 4-5 leagues below players like KD, Curry and Harden when it comes to skill. He does have good skill for a 7 footer, but KD is 7 feet as well. Giannis like Lebron, is a freak physical specimen and that is what makes him such an incredible player.. except he's nowhere near as good a shooter Lebron is.

My bet is Bucks will lose to the Celtics next round.

[QUOTE=Pointguard]His footwork is the best in the game. It