Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    High School Varsity 6th Man Connor B's Avatar

Default People need to calm down on the Raptors.

First of all, the whole "Raptors are disrespected" thing is completely false. Everyone recognizes them as one of the top teams in the east with a deep line up and not really any glaring holes. Everyone knows they have the potential to be great.

So, with that being said, with my respect and my recognition being given, people need to chill. This team 8 months ago didn't get past round one against the Nets with home-court, they are all still quite young and have little playoff experience, and they are still in a weak eastern conference where there record is admittedly inflated.

I would not be shocked to see this team lose in the second round to either a much more experienced, (if healthy) Bulls team or a Cleveland team that figures it out (which they probably will in three months). Not saying they aren't in the conversation to come out of the east, but everyone needs to chill a little. No one disrespects the Raptors.

Default Re: People need to calm down on the Raptors.

This team is a second round ceiling, so what's the surprise there ? Anything more would be overachieving.

They are 9-2 against the West and will be facing the 2 best teams in the West in their next 2 games. We'll see what happens. They've been holding up well without DeRozan for the most part, but are better with him obviously.

OP keepin' it REAL

Yep the Raptors are NO THREAT in my opinion to come out of the East. When u line them up against the Bulls, Cavs, and Wizards in a series, I don't see how they can win. Even with the Hawks, I would favor the Hawks. They aren't quite ready to contend for the Eastern crown yet. But they have made huge strides over the last couple of years. Keeping Lowry there was HUGE!

Free the banned users. stalkerforlife's Avatar

They're pretenders.

Most people SHOULD know this.

You can be successful without winning a title, though.

Quote Originally Posted by bizil
    Yep the Raptors are NO THREAT in my opinion to come out of the East. When u line them up against the Bulls, Cavs, and Wizards in a series, I don't see how they can win. Even with the Hawks, I would favor the Hawks. They aren't quite ready to contend for the Eastern crown yet. But they have made huge strides over the last couple of years. Keeping Lowry there was HUGE!
    You have to elaborate why Toronto can't beat Washington and Atlanta. What are the main reasons ?

Quote Originally Posted by stalkerforlife
    They're pretenders.

Except you can't be a pretender if you aren't a contender to begin with. Toronto isn't either. They are just producing of their talent.

Wizards and hawks have been fodder for the Raptors so far this year, so until they beat us, they ain't better than us, period.

Wizards fan here. If you can't respect the raptors as an elite team, its probably because you're stuck in the "superstar league" paradigm. I think we're moving towards a league where the players with the most impact aren't scoring 25 a game, and where team play and ball movement win the day.

Raptors are playing out of their minds and they have been ever since they ditched Rudy (ballstopper) Gay last season. They're deep, athletic, cohesive, and well coached. They have enough shooting to make them hard to exploit in the playoffs when teams are locked in.

They smoked my Wizards with with EASE earlier this season. I am NOT sleeping on them, and you shouldn't either.

Obviously the East is easy yadda yadda. They've been spanking teams from the West too. Kyle Lowry should be in the MVP conversation, but in this league you have to put up some insane stats to get recognized as a little man.
    Last edited by ralph_i_el; 12-30-2014 at 12:50 AM.

Raptors not making EAST finals tho. Maybe if they get 2 or 3 more nice pieces then maybe they could.

Quote Originally Posted by Velocirap31
    Wizards and hawks have been fodder for the Raptors so far this year, so until they beat us, they ain't better than us, period.
    This logic is crap. Regular season series mean nothing at all in the play offs.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Real14
    OP keepin' it REAL
    Shut the **** up you ghetto cretin.

Quote Originally Posted by Ariza4three
    Shut the **** up you ghetto cretin.
    Shut your young ass up boy, go watch anime cartoons or something, grown folks are talking

Quote Originally Posted by Real14
    Raptors not making EAST finals tho. Maybe if they get 2 or 3 more nice pieces then maybe they could.
    If they make the eastern finals, will you make another retirement thread?

tupac would be ashamed of you. You can never man up. All you do is whine like a chick.

Quote Originally Posted by stalkerforlife
    They're pretenders.

Yeah, that wins to losses ratio they've got right now is just a mirage.. it aint real, right?

Dumbest fvcking comment ive ever heard... 'pretenders' LOL, wtf?

Quote Originally Posted by n00bie
    If they make the eastern finals, will you make another retirement thread?

tupac would be ashamed of you. You can never man up. All you do is whine like a chick.
    I do man up, remember that I had willds09 retired when they lost against the refs and the pacers in '13? I will man up again this season.