Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910
    NBA rookie of the year ginobli2311's Avatar

Default Re: So wait, LeBron has been in the league 7 years less than Bryant?

Quote Originally Posted by All Net
    Only if he wins

If he doesn't people will consider him a stats king and a career loser and not a true winner. Just the way sports fans are.
    totally agree.

but to what extent? malone and barkley are often listed in the top 17 all time. Lebron will end up higher than them all time for sure unless something drastically changes.

thats my point. and that is why titles often are over-rated. how does winning a title in the future change the past? i totally agree with what you say, but i think that is my point.

i dealt with this exact same stuff with jordan for his first 6 years. all anyone said was "stat whore" "ball hog" "can't win playing his style"

literally all the same stuff said about lebron. what was holding jordan back? it was his team strength. we don't know the future, but so many people are going to look stupid yet again if he wins some titles. just like all the morons did that hated endlessly on jordan (the greatest athlete of all time according to many)

i'm saying that lebron's level of play has not been the problem so far. maybe it will be in the future. but nobody can ever convince me that lebron was not easily the best player in 09....put him on a great team and they destroy everyone.

Not airballing my layups anymore SSSTRESSS's Avatar

[QUOTE=TennesseeFan]He's also 1 sidekick period behind him.[/QUOT]

Lebron is a SIDEKICK.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ginobli2311
    totally agree.

but to what extent? malone and barkley are often listed in the top 17 all time. Lebron will end up higher than them all time for sure unless something drastically changes.

thats my point. and that is why titles often are over-rated. how does winning a title in the future change the past? i totally agree with what you say, but i think that is my point.

i dealt with this exact same stuff with jordan for his first 6 years. all anyone said was "stat whore" "ball hog" "can't win playing his style"

literally all the same stuff said about lebron. what was holding jordan back? it was his team strength. we don't know the future, but so many people are going to look stupid yet again if he wins some titles. just like all the morons did that hated endlessly on jordan (the greatest athlete of all time according to many)

i'm saying that lebron's level of play has not been the problem so far. maybe it will be in the future. but nobody can ever convince me that lebron was not easily the best player in 09....put him on a great team and they destroy everyone.
    Is there a doubt Lebron will win few more MVP's, Crush every stat, and grab couple larry o'brien trophy before its set and done?

Banned

Lebron is a grunt, no finesse and a non-threat to anybody. He has to meditate a bit and catch small fishes with hands in pool, or eat chinese with sticks.

Local High School Star Nero Tulip's Avatar

This thread was always going to be great ^^

How about a Kobe and Lebron sub forum?

College superstar The Iron Fist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    this is funny.... because if lebron really was as scoring minded as DURANT or KOBE taking as many shots as KOBE used to take and average that low assists he would have averaged around 40 ppg every season........ considering he was and still is wasting possessions on being a pointforward facilitating... he averaged up to 9 assists a game with 30 ppg..... and for the career is 28 ppg with 7 APG..... think about that.... thats alot of possessions where he could instead used to take shots himself instead of passing..........................

despite that he still is in the best scoring pace in NBA history....
    this dude is good

Field goals attempted per game

Kobe Bryant 19.3
    Lebron James 20.6

Banned

maybe they wouldn't run the triangle with lebron. just a thought. LOL

i didn't say it wasn't a lot, i said that lebron and shaq would have won more because Lebron quickly became an elite player. kobe took a while to develop.

i think lebron and shaq would have won 5 titles minimum in 8 years playing together.

and before i hear the "clutch" argument. Lebron has actually been really clutch in the playoffs and has already made 5 playoff game winners. kobe only has 6 for his entire career.

the simple fact remains that Lebron as a player has been better than kobe if you compared the first 8 years of their careers.
    Yeah they wouldn't, but LeBron iso ball wouldn't be more successful I don't think. I get what you are saying, that LeBron is a great player and putting him with another great player in Shaq would result in a lot of titles. But I don't think it is as simple as that. LeBron is much more ball dominant than Kobe and that would take away from Shaq's game. When LeBron would throw the ball down to Shaq, he would just stop and do nothing else. He can't catch and shoot and is not a reliable jump shooter anyway. Shaq clogging the lane for him would be more of a disadvantage in my opinion.

Of course it's all just speculation as we would never know for sure.

I am your soldier!

Quote Originally Posted by Colby Brian
    lebron came on a cavs team that had nobody, so lebron was number 1 option from the get go

while kobe came into a playoff contending team, with shaq as the first option
    it wasnt kobes team until 2004, kobe wasnt a starter until his 3rd year, while lebron got 40 mpg as a rookie compared to 15.5 for kobe

but kobe has way more 60,50,40 point games than lebron and would never top offensivly what bryant did in 05-06 and 06-07 seasons
    Took until the 4th post to get a Kobe was a bench player excuse...

I remember threads like this about Vince Carter someday being better than MJ.

That didnt work out either

College superstar The Iron Fist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MayCeltics
    Is there a doubt Lebron will win few more MVP's, Crush every stat, and grab couple larry o'brien trophy before its set and done?
    yes!

totally agree.

must of been your brother?

next

Quote Originally Posted by TennesseeFan
    Put prime Shaq or Gasol on the Cavs, it would have been a different story.
    Um, this is like saying put player X around player Y and it would have been a different story

How stupid can you get?

I can say that about any player with no ring

people in the future will look back at lebron's first 7 years as a positive not a negative.

it will be funny. they'll use his 07 trip to the finals properly. they'll use back to back mvps and his level of play those 2 years as positives. they'll use his series against the magic in a positive way.

if you compared the first 8 years of kobe's career to the first 8 of lebron's its not even close. lebron has been significantly better as a player.

does anyone here really think Lebron and prime Shaq for the last 8 years wouldn't have won more than 3 titles? LOL

...yeah...Shaq needed a player with Brass ****z to step up and be the Man in the 4th...

LBJ + Shaq = 10' Cavs X8..lawl

you and your Brothers keep it up....this fun YAY!

Local High School Star

perhaps Stern will let Lebron trade in his triple doubles for some rings.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease with malice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TennesseeFan
    Put prime Shaq or Gasol on the Cavs, it would have been a different story.
    Can someone translate for me? All I can see is "Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!"...