Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Not airballing my layups anymore canyoufeelit?'s Avatar

Default Re: Knicks trying to acquire OJ Mayo to send to Denver in Melo Trade..

Quote Originally Posted by NuggetsFan
    Location seems to be Melo's big interest. NY area. He wants the extension. He's came out HIMSELF and said he's signing that extension. It's obvious with the risk of the CBA changing etc. If Denver says I'd rather you walk than trade with NY than Melo might cave.

Pretty sure his agent is pushing for NJ too now, no?. NJ is still a very strong option, stronger than ever IMO.

Tough luck. Should have rode the coatails of a player more interested in winning
    If melo wanted to sign the extension, that trade would've happened already. simple as. he doesnt want to play in NJ.

Nuggets/Avs/Broncos. NuggetsFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MeLO MvP 15
    I'm just saying, personally, I can't see Melo agreeing to NJ. the only reason his agent is pushing for NJ is cuz he told Melo he'd get him NY and he'd get the commission rate of Melo's extension (i.e. the more Melo gets, the more Rose gets).

Also you can't say NJ is like NY, that's like saying a player would go to the Clippers b/c they're in LA like the Lakers.
    Pretty sure tons of Net's players live in NY or wherever.

Melo said himself he's signing the extension so I don't know. He came out and said he's signing the extension no matter what, no?. Pretty sure I seen the quotes anyways. Soooo it could be an eventual cave.

If melo wanted to sign the extension, that trade would've happened already. simple as. he doesnt want to play in NJ.
    toooooons of things can impact a deal. None of the teams included are in ANY kind of rush. And like I said. If Denver can't get anything done with NY? What's Melo going to do? He said himself he wants the extension. With the CBA and shit changing doubt he want's to risk it.

Utryin2getthepipe? SevereUpInHere's Avatar

I really can't see us taking back Harrington's contract. He does nothing to help this team.

I can't help but get the feeling nothing is going to happen before the deadline. The reason I say that, Randolph has always been mentioned as a trade piece, wouldn't it make sense to give him some minutes to impress potential trade partners?

Not airballing my layups anymore canyoufeelit?'s Avatar

toooooons of things can impact a deal. None of the teams included are in ANY kind of rush. And like I said. If Denver can't get anything done with NY? What's Melo going to do? He said himself he wants the extension. With the CBA and shit changing doubt he want's to risk it.
    Thats where I'm hoping he'll just resign with Denver

prolly not gonna happen though.

i hope walsh doesnt destroy our team in the process.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=4bvdr73

Here's my 2 cents. It's not even that big, but might make all teams happy.
    Added to these players, the Nuggets would receive the Pacers and Knicks first round picks.

Why would they do it?

Knicks:
    Melo. Simple as that really. Also, they get to hang on to both Douglas and Fields.

Grizzlies:
    Gallinari would fit right in as OJ's replacement. He has great shooting ability, can stretch the floor, can rebound too. Great backup for Gay, but could play PF too to change things around. Should the Grizzlies want something additional to make this happen, it could be a 2nd rounder or Balkman. A cheap roster addition.

Nuggets:
    The Nuggets would receive both Mayo and Chandler, two great, young players with a lot of potential. They get Curry's expirer, plus 2 first round picks, and a lot of possibilities to change things even further around by trading JR Smith for example.

Pacers:
    Would be getting the talented big man they are looking for without giving up too much.

Banned

That's exactly what Denver's thinking. They're calling his bluff. The way I see it Melo's stance right now is NO to NJ. But Denver will try to get NJ to keep the offer on the table until the deadline cause they think Melo's eventually gonna cave at the last moment. But if he doesn't cave, they'll be calling NY for whatever deal they're offering. And if the NY deal is no longer on the table then Denver's screwed.

This is just a quick trade I threw together in the trade machine, not really sure if this would be good for all teams, but it works money wise and is at least somewhat intriguing for all parties.

NY gets:
    Carmelo Anthony (DEN)
    Solomon Jones (IND)

DEN gets:
    Danilo Gallinari (NY)
    Landry Fields (NY)
    OJ Mayo (MEM)
    Eddy Curry (NY)
    First round pick from NY and IND.

MEM gets:
    Toney Douglas (NY)
    Arron Afflalo (DEN)

IND gets:
    Anthony Randolph (NY)

NBA rookie of the year Kingwillball's Avatar

[QUOTE=Bertz]http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=4bvdr73

Added to these players, the Nuggets would receive the Pacers and Knicks first round picks.

Why would they do it?

Knicks:
    Melo. Simple as that really. Also, they get to hang on to both Douglas and Fields.

Grizzlies:
    Gallinari would fit right in as OJ's replacement. He has great shooting ability, can stretch the floor, can rebound too. Great backup for Gay, but could play PF too to change things around. Should the Grizzlies want something additional to make this happen, it could be a 2nd rounder or Balkman. A cheap roster addition.

Nuggets:
    The Nuggets would receive both Mayo and Chandler, two great, young players with a lot of potential. They get Curry's expirer, plus 2 first round picks, and a lot of possibilities to change things even further around by trading JR Smith for example.

Pacers:
    Would be getting the talented big man they are looking for without giving up too much.[/QUOTE knicks won't give up Galo and Chandler..probably Curry Gallo Randolph draft pick

Quote Originally Posted by canyoufeelit?
    Thats where I'm hoping he'll just resign with Denver

prolly not gonna happen though.
    same

Quote Originally Posted by Bertz
    http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=4bvdr73

Why would they do it?

Knicks:

Grizzlies:

Nuggets:

Pacers:
    Would be getting the talented big man they are looking for without giving up too much.
    If there are any draft picks involved (which is required to get the Nuggets to agree to it), then the trade exception can't be used.

AND there is NO way that OJ Mayo is worth Danilo Gallnari. Memphis is getting way too much here without giving much.

Oh you can replace him by let's say, Dahntay Jones then, right?

And I guess New York would go pretty far to get Memphis to agree, they might even include Douglas. Then you'd have 2 players that Memphis could really use.

Edit: http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=6yhq9qb
    Last edited by Bertz; 01-13-2011 at 10:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bertz
    Oh you can replace him by let's say, Dahntay Jones then, right?

And I guess New York would go pretty far to get Memphis to agree, they might even include Douglas. Then you'd have 2 players that Memphis could really use.

Edit: http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=6yhq9qb
    I just don't think that's enough for Denver to give up Melo, Gallo would have to go to Denver here. It's not going to take much more than Toney Douglas to get Mayo out of Memphis in my opinion. If Denver agrees to this, then the Knicks should just pull back Gallo from Memphis and satisfy them with something less.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DStebb716
    I just don't think that's enough for Denver to give up Melo, Gallo would have to go to Denver here. It's not going to take much more than Toney Douglas to get Mayo out of Memphis in my opinion. If Denver agrees to this, then the Knicks should just pull back Gallo from Memphis and satisfy them with something less.
    You're out of your mind if you think Memphis is gonna do a straight up Mayo for Douglas swap. Mayo has way more value than that. I'd say it'd probably be Chandler+Douglas for Mayo and then Mayo + Gallo + (maybe Fields) + Curry expirer + 1st pick (via a trade using Randolph) to Denver for Melo. Maybe a few things switched, but it'll probably look very similar to that.

Banned

The Knicks are NOT trading both Gallo and Chandler. It's only going to be one of the two so stop including both in trades.