Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Default Re: Who's more stacked: Miami or LA?

Quote Originally Posted by Story Up
    I think Nash will make guys like Ebanks and Goudelock better, he made scrubs in Phoenix respectful. He is still at least the 2nd best facilitator in the league. If those two do produce, with Hill, Jamison and Blake plus McRoberts and Morris (who is doing good in SL) our bench isn't terrible. It can be pretty decent all because of Nash, middle of the pack good. Still no where near Miami's bench tho, which is like top 5 easy.
    What are they going to do when Nash needs a rest? Is Kobe and Nash going to be healthy come playoff time? Is Brown going to let Kobe and Nash run the team? Is Bynum going to mature if they don't get Howard? Is Gasol still going to be passive and play soft again? How is their bench going to perform when the older players need rest?

This LA team has questions to me. I see them as a contender, but they can't win a championship IMO unless they get Howard.

LAwilwintheirlsthomegm

Quote Originally Posted by DaSeba5
    What are they going to do when Nash needs a rest? Is Kobe and Nash going to be healthy come playoff time? Is Brown going to let Kobe and Nash run the team? Is Bynum going to mature if they don't get Howard? Is Gasol still going to be passive and play soft again? How is their bench going to perform when the older players need rest?

The LA team has questions to me. I see them as a contender, but they can't win a championship IMO unless they get Howard.
    Every team with new players have questions, our 4 stars didn't miss more then 15 games combined last year so I don't know why people are so concerned with health. MB needs to do a good job tracking the minutes tho.

We shall see, Heat fans are holding their breathe tho, hoping for the best.

Every team with new players have questions, our 4 stars didn't miss more then 15 games combined last year so I don't know why people are so concerned with health. MB needs to do a good job tracking the minutes tho.

We shall see, Heat fans are holding their breathe tho, hoping for the best.
    Because with old players you never know. Phoenix has a magic medical staff; Nash isn't with them anymore.

Regardless, I'm not holding my breath at all. The Heat do a good job against the Laker's size advantage considering they are 3-1 against LA with the only loss being without Bosh. If they get Howard then yeah they should be favorites to win it all.

LAwilwintheirlsthomegm

Ok, keep feeling confidant. Keep thinking Nash won't make our other star's job easier and thus making our bigs more effective. Last year LA's biggest problem was ball movement, their half-court sets were very inefficient, with Nash due to pick n roll and pick n pop, it will be a lot deadlier. Our overall team defense was good last year and our rebounding is at the top of the league.

Ok, keep feeling confidant. Keep thinking Nash won't make our other star's job easier and thus making our bigs more effective. Last year LA's biggest problem was ball movement, their half-court sets were very inefficient, with Nash due to pick n roll and pick n pop, it will be a lot deadlier. Our overall team defense was good last year and our rebounding is at the top of the league.
    I'm sure it will. So you think LA is better than Miami and would beat them in a series without Howard?

I don't see how I'm being arrogant. I think LA is a contender right now, but I'm not sure they'll be a championship team unless they get Howard. I don't see them getting past OKC right now.

LAwilwintheirlsthomegm

I hate Heat fans on this forum bro, I can't think of one good poster on here. You? I like, you're a good guy and good poster who is respectful and has good insight. Keep it up.

I think Miami are clear favorites but you never know how good LA can be with Nash, I think they have a shot but it will be tough. Also, heat have injury woes too. Wade is injury riddled and Bosh missed some games last tear plus Lewis and Allen are as old as Nash almost. Yet every heat fan seems to forget that. IMO, Heat's run wasn't impressive. They had an easy road and OKC was far worse then they were versus LA.

I hate Heat fans on this forum bro, I can't think of one good poster on here. You? I like, you're a good guy and good poster who is respectful and has good insight. Keep it up.

I think Miami are clear favorites but you never know how good LA can be with Nash, I think they have a shot but it will be tough. Also, heat have injury woes too. Wade is injury riddled and Bosh missed some games last tear plus Lewis and Allen are as old as Nash almost. Yet every heat fan seems to forget that. IMO, Heat's run wasn't impressive. They had an easy road and OKC was far worse then they were versus LA.
    Thanks bro. The problem is that people generalize all Heat fans to be like Hank and assume we're all bandwagon/front runners/arrogant fans. I can see why since there aren't a lot real Heat fans on here. Most of them are LeBron stans.

Anyways, you're right. We don't know how good they'll be. They could be really good or it might not work at all. We're just speculating at this point.

As for the Heat, I definitely know that Wade is injury prone and that injuries can happen at anytime. Injuries can happen to anyone. We lost Miller and Haslem for the entire year in 2011. Last year, Wade had his knee drained several times, Bosh had an abdominal strain, and Miller... well I don't even know how he can still walk. It only takes 1 injury to change a whole season like with Rose and the Bulls. I definitely agree.

Allen and Lewis could get hurt too, but they are on the bench and aren't going to get as much minutes as Kobe and Nash.

As for our run, I wouldn't say easy. The Knicks were easy. The Pacers gave us hell. LeBron and Wade played like Superman and Batman in order to beat them. The Celtics took us to a 7 game series. Then OKC was too young and inexperienced, and kind of exposed to be a 2 man team in the Finals. Still, every game was close and came down to the last couple of possessions. It's not necessarily the Heat's run that was impressive; it was more of LeBron's performance that was. Wade was hurt the entire postseason and Bosh was out for the Pacers and most of the Celtic series, so LeBron had to carry the team.

Regardless if it was impressive or not, it doesn't matter how you get there. All that matters is that you're there.
    Last edited by DaSeba5; 07-25-2012 at 05:05 AM.

All it takes is one injury to Westbrook or Durant to make LA the favorites to win the west.

LAwilwintheirlsthomegm

Yes, Heat are the defending champions, so I give them their dues. They are my #1 team for next season, I do think with Nash and Jamison LA are #1 in the west. I personally think OKC are overrated. LA lost that series, they blew two nice leads in 2 minutes. It could have easily went to 7, or LA winning in 6. But the half court offense was terrible, it was Kobe trying to do everything himself, that's where Nash would come in. Now late in games you have 4 options instead of 1. That's the biggest improvement we have with Nash. People are really underrating this signing, with Dwight LA becomes #1 without question but even with Drew they could still pull it off. If Drew matures and Bash produces like I'm envisioning, people aren't really grasping just how perfect these four players are for each other, of course Kobe has to play a lot more off the ball and only create shots for himself and others when Nash is on the bench.

I think Nash and Kobe really want a ring, and will work together nicely to get there.

Yes, Heat are the defending champions, so I give them their dues. They are my #1 team for next season, I do think with Nash and Jamison LA are #1 in the west. I personally think OKC are overrated. LA lost that series, they blew two nice leads in 2 minutes. It could have easily went to 7, or LA winning in 6. But the half court offense was terrible, it was Kobe trying to do everything himself, that's where Nash would come in. Now late in games you have 4 options instead of 1. That's the biggest improvement we have with Nash. People are really underrating this signing, with Dwight LA becomes #1 without question but even with Drew they could still pull it off. If Drew matures and Bash produces like I'm envisioning, people aren't really grasping just how perfect these four players are for each other, of course Kobe has to play a lot more off the ball and only create shots for himself and others when Nash is on the bench.

I think Nash and Kobe really want a ring, and will work together nicely to get there.
    They might be the best team in the west. Who knows? I'm interested to see how Nash does.

Good talk bro. I'm calling it a night.

LAwilwintheirlsthomegm

All it takes is one injury to Westbrook or Durant to make LA the favorites to win the west.
    Ah westbrook is inconsistent and Harden was garbage in the finals, they're good but not that good. I think ppl overrate then too much. LA couldn't execute two games, they had 6-7 point lead with couple minutes left and blew both games. That's bad, bc it would have given them a 3-1 lead in the series going back to OKC.

That series was A LOT closer then ppl think, just like the finals was a lot closer then ppl think. OKC blew games like LA did against Miami and it cost them dearly. Again Indiana and Boston gave Miami problems but neither teams ate better then OKC, ppl value the final scores too much and not analyzing the context enough.

Miami
    La
    OKC
    Boston
    Spurs
    Clippers
    Pacers
    Nets
    Knicks

Are the too teams in order, IMO.

Top 1 Bball Mind.

Miami. But if Lakers get D12 then them.

Local High School Star

Yea Wade and LeBron. The two men with Finals MVPs.
    Kobe got as many fmvp's as they do combined

The Heat are real deep...I'm glad there in the East.