Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Default Re: Denver Nuggets will DOMINATE

I almost spit out my drink when I first read the title of this thread,
    It turns out its just an old thread and someone geniusly bumped it up,
    Good job, Good read, Good laughs!!!!!!!

Still early though but I find it funny how some Denver fans have stopped posting since the Nuggets Started losing. Hey, so what if they have lost 3 in a row, they are still in the 8 seed spot!

I think the Nuggets are going to be a good first round opponent for my Suns but we still win in 5-6 games!!

Superstar

Yea, looks pretty bad right now...but heres what I wrote in the other nuggz thread:

AI is doing well right now. Its not his fault and this isn't just by looking at his stats. Hes not forcing anything, hes taking good high% shots while involving the rest of the team. Right now, Denver's struggle lies in on court chemistry. Before you succeed, you're going to fail. Just needs time for the Carmelo/Iverson duo to become "natural". They're still trying to figure things out but once they get it down...they'll take off. Also, they've had numerous amounts of injuries/setbacks. Did we ever see AI/Melo/JR Smith/Camby all on the floor at once? If we did, probably been for a game or so...when they do get some time together...roles will be determined and the gameplan fixated. Team has been basically torn apart and put back together with Iverson trade to injuries to suspensions.

If they can hover around .500 until the ASB, they'll be good to go after IMO

Quote Originally Posted by hotsizzle
    Yea, looks pretty bad right now...but heres what I wrote in the other nuggz thread:
    im with Hotsizzle.

granted, im a denver fan, but people are being so quick to judge.. nuggets fans included.

give it some time after the ASG, then we'll see whats really going down for the Nugz.

Proves idiots wrong Human Error's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by melo4life
    Melo and AI have only played a few games together so it's hard to say how well they are going to play together, I think we might go second round into the playoffs
    We gave them a little over 2 months, and things aren't still looking bright.

Quote Originally Posted by Y2Gezee
    1. Will Carmelo Anthony have another blowup? He was a problem with Team USA, and now he gets into a brawl that gets him suspended for 15 games. Not good for a superstar. Yeah, he hurt them this summer. And he wasn't a problem in Athens, he wasn't going to play regardless due to Brown and without him they weren't going to get it done
    2. Can AI get along with George Karl? yes
    3. Can Marcus Camby stay healthy? No, but he'll be serviceable at the least come playoff time
    4. Can Kenyon Martin come back healthy next year?Yes
    5. Will Nene live up to his contract? Numbers wise? Probably not with all this talent, but his defense makes a difference, as does his rebounding, and usually he's a low post player compareable to Eddy Curry, and say what you will but Curry can score in the post. Nene's very efficient down there
    6. Does JR Smith have the temperment to be an NBA player. He certainly has the talent, but mentally will he be another JR Rider? Are you serious? Kill urself.
    7. Will George Karl have a meltdown, like he had in Seattle and Milwaukee?No
    8. Will Earl Boykens be moved? If not, is he good enough to be a backup point guard for a playoff contender? Yeah
    9. Is there enough outside shooting on this team? Ive seen AI enough to know he can hit open 3pt shots, as can Melo, and JR is a beast, Earl can hit them too. They're not going to be the best 3pt shooting team, but definately not bad enough to have those problems in the playoffs. Without Andre their 3 perimeter players HAVE to be guarded on the perimeter and can hit outside shots, allowing space in the paint. If not 3s AI and Melo are 2 of the best 20ft jumpshooters in the league and JR is a beast
    10. Is there good enough low post scoring on this team? Melo demands double teams in the post, and Nene when healthy can take people one on one. One day Martin will be too. So definately. This is not a jumpshooting team
    11. What about the defense? Is it good enough. Yes, when guys get healthy, not counting Kmart ofcourse.

People are hoping for this to blow up, its obvious. But its not. These aren't going to be children fighting over the ball. The only time something like this has been a problem was with Shaq and Kobe and they won 3 rings out of it. When you have great coaches and great talent, it shows up on the court in wins and that's what's going to happen here. AI is a pg and he's going to play like one now that he can.
    Didn't work out that well.

Nuggets/Avs/Broncos. NuggetsFan's Avatar

I have a dog named Iverson because of this trade

Why not just create a new thread and link to the old one instead of bumping this shit like a ph@gg0t?

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialQue
    Why not just create a new thread and link to the old one instead of bumping this shit like a ph@gg0t?
    Because it wouldn't have made you mad?

Quote Originally Posted by G-train
    Because it wouldn't have made you mad?
    Oh, ok.

National High School Star FindingTim's Avatar

weeellllcccoommmee tooo the tiiiiimmmmeee waaaaarrrrppp
    pleeeeaaaasseee dooooonnttt caaalll meee a faaaggooott foooor buuummpping
    [COLOR="White"](sorry guys. really. I'm sorry.)[/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by konex
    Seriously, this is bad news for our Lakers
    Is this a case of Konex curse acting up ?