Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

Default Re: What has Reggie Miller accomplished? Besides 2nd all time 3points made List

Quote Originally Posted by Dengness9
    Reggie is that bad mother ****er who took MJ to 7 games. No one else did that to a chip Bulls team.
    he's also that bad mother****er who just P*ssed Kobe fanboys the F*ck off.

Default Re: What has Reggie Miller accomplished? Besides 2nd all time 3points made List

Reggie is that bad mother ****er who took MJ to 7 games. No one else did that to a chip Bulls team.
    Knicks did in '92

NBA lottery pick Lakers_Kobe_Fan's Avatar

meh. his biggest accomplishment is staying with 1 team his entire career. nothing more

Quote Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents
    Knicks did in '92
    Man I spaced on that one. I'd argue that Knicks team was better than Reggie's Pacers that took Bulls to 7.

Man I spaced on that one. I'd argue that Knicks team was better than Reggie's Pacers that took Bulls to 7.
    Idk, that's a tough one. The '92 Bulls are significantly better than the '98 Bulls, but the Pacers in '98 did finish with 7 more wins than the Knicks did in '92. Imo the Knicks played better through 6 games than the Pacers did, but Indy really gave the Bulls all they could handle in Game 7, while the Bulls blew the Knicks out in their Game 7

Quote Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents
    Idk, that's a tough one. The '92 Bulls are significantly better than the '98 Bulls, but the Pacers in '98 did finish with 7 more wins than the Knicks did in '92. Imo the Knicks played better through 6 games than the Pacers did, but Indy really gave the Bulls all they could handle in Game 7, while the Bulls blew the Knicks out in their Game 7
    Great points.

I guess I view those early to mid 90's Knicks team as one of the best runs of 90's teams w/out winning it all. Pacers were damn good too. Both teams had toughness you literally don't see anymore.

Great points.

I guess I view those early to mid 90's Knicks team as one of the best runs of 90's teams w/out winning it all. Pacers were damn good too. Both teams had toughness you literally don't see anymore.
    I'd give the Jazz the nod for that distinction

Quote Originally Posted by Rake2204
    Reggie Miller

25,279 career points
    2,560 career three-pointers
    .888% free throw shooter
    .395% three point shooter
    6-time all-star
    20.6 career playoff scoring average (over two points higher than his regular season average)
    5-time All-Star
    3-time All-NBA 3rd Team
    Led team featuring aging core to the Finals in 2000, nearly eliminated Bulls in 1998
    Olympic Gold Medalist
    Largely considered one of the best big-time performers of the 90's era, and maybe all-time
    Hall of Famer
    /thread

It's for sure Miller's clutch gene. I also think Miller's scoring skillset is underrated too. He was a 25 points per game scorer very early in his career. He mixed up his scoring a lot more back then. Some people were comparing him to Gervin and English in the midrange area because he was similar in size and smoothness. But he became more of a floor spacer who focused on running screens and shooting the three ball or very deep jumpers more often. He didn't mix up his offense as often like he used to. That's why he didn't put up more seasons at 25 points and up. But as A WHOLE it made Indy's offense run smoother over time due to the floor spacing.

But Miller's mark on the game is being one of the greatest shooters of all time and one of the most clutch. He was also a true alpha dog who could grab a game by the throat shooting the rock. Don't be fooled by only one season of 25 points a night. He could have done that year in and year out, he just became more of a floor spacer for the good of his team.