Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Default Michael Jordan on his worst day is ten times better than Kobe Bryant on his best day

...and that is not short-changing Kobe Bryant.

- Reggie Miller

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gawNoggvBPw&t=5m16s

Default Re: Michael Jordan on his worst day is ten times better than Kobe Bryant on his best day

So Wizards Jordan is better than peak Kobe? I wholeheartedly accept that Jordan > Kobe but thats silly

Default Re: Michael Jordan on his worst day is ten times better than Kobe Bryant on his best day

Quote Originally Posted by KobesFinger
    So Wizards Jordan is better than peak Kobe? I wholeheartedly accept that Jordan > Kobe but thats silly
    This. There's an obvious gap, but that's like taking it waaaaaaaaaay too far.

lol, not short changing Kobe. Kobe at his best is 10 times better than MJ at his worst, i can agree with this one.

High School Varsity 6th Man MastaKilla's Avatar

Kobe from 06-10 was better than 2nd 3peat Jordan

Banned

MJ could not guard peak, premangled fingers, scored 81 Kobe.

Kobe could however D up MJ during his peak defensive year, not just because he emulated all of MJs moves.

Quote Originally Posted by MastaKilla
    No he wasn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Young X
    No he wasn't.
    Yes he was

Banned

Kobe from 06-10 was better than wizards Jordan
    Fixed for accuracy

NBA rookie of the year

Peak Kobe shot around 40 percent against Boston and Orlando

NBA rookie of the year

I don't think he meant Jordan at the worst point of his career against Kobe at his best point - that would be silly. You have to consider the question he was answering, which was "who was tougher to guard?" In that context, I assume Reggie meant that a PRIME Jordan on his worst day was a TOUGHER COVER than PRIME Kobe on his best day in terms of how difficult they were to defend and how many ways they could beat you.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeN
    Kobe could however D up MJ during his peak defensive year, not just because he emulated all of MJs moves.
    Please. Lesser players have dropped buckets on Kobe at different times ( tmac, wade, vince, hell Arenas dropped 60 on him FFS), yet he's going to stop MJ? MJ and Kobe at their best are indefensible, thats why they're the two GOAT shooting guards.
    Last edited by Dragonyeuw; 12-16-2014 at 06:49 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonyeuw
    Please. Lesser players have dropped buckets on Kobe at different times ( tmac, wade, vince, hell Arenas dropped 60 on him FFS), yet he's going to stop MJ? MJ and Kobe at their best are indefensible, thats why they're the two GOAT shooting guards.
    Yea I agree with all that. I'm just saying Kobe is sociopathic when it specifically comes to MJ.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

except during these periods you specify, jordan took worse talent to far superior success against better teams.

I hear you, Reginald

Also, inb4 gifs of The lean dunk