Page 2 of 62 FirstFirst 123451252 ... LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Default Re: 2014-2015 regular season!

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]Ingles, a small forward, was cut by the Clippers last weekend, flew to Utah on Monday after being claimed off of waivers and then participated in the only practice he

Harris has thrived in Dallas as the team's third guard, a role that is probably perfect at this juncture in his career.
    I thought he could have been good in that role in Utah. Unfortunately he started.

Up next: Utah returns home to the confines of EnergySolutions Arena on Saturday as it goes against the Phoenix Suns. Led by former Jazz player and assistant coach Jeff Hornacek, Phoenix was last season's big surprise.

David Smith provides instant analysis for Deseret News' Utah Jazz coverage. He works for LDS Philanthropies and also writes for Salt City Hoops (ESPN's Jazz affiliate). He can be reached at mechakucha1@gmail.com or on Twitter at davidjsmith1232.

[QUOTE]

Jody Genessy: Jazz guard Alec Burks' contract extension -- 4 years, $42M (up to $45M with incentives) -- has been finalized, per sources. Twitter @DJJazzyJody

Jody Genessy: There are no options on Alec Burks' four-year deal, which begins in 2015-16. He made it clear to the Jazz that he wants to play in Utah. Twitter @DJJazzyJody

David Locke: The extension for Alec Burks starts in 15-16 so depending on the smoothing of the cap it might be 1 year over pay 3 year under pay Twitter @Lockedonsports
    Is it an overpay though? He's making less than Favors and Hayward and is arguably the better player. Certainly more upside.

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You
    Is it an overpay though? He's making less than Favors and Hayward and is arguably the better player. Certainly more upside.
    Time will tell. Everyone said Derozen was overpaid and he proved them wrong. Reckon Burks has the talent to do the same, hopefully he keeps working at his game now that he's gotten paid.

Even more than that, I think it's a good sign that guys are signing up early, rather than testing free agency.

He likely gets more next year. With the way he plays an injury could come into play so smart of him to sign. I can definitely see him earning it. G I can never see as a max player even with a rising cap.

http://www.slcdunk.com/nba-free-agen...ntract-details

Their cap space next year is already almost filled with only 13 players. Obviously there are still some variables there but I thought it was funny when they gave G all his money and said it didn't matter because they had the money to spend.

Still have Kanter to deal with. Booker looks like someone who's option you'd want to pick up. Ingles has non guaranteed money too I guess and he's looked like he might be a keeper as well not to mention Hamilton who we haven't even seen but was a rotation player last year on a good team and is only 24 himself. Ian Clark could still be in the picture as well not to mention a high lottery salary, Neto and Tomic.

Would be fine if they were ready to compete but it appears they are far from that.
    Last edited by Xiao Yao You; 11-01-2014 at 08:31 AM.

[QUOTE]Pro: Scarcity of skills/position

Some of the same arguments that applied to Gordon Hayward

Jody Genessy: Alec Burks, who signed a four-year, $42 million extension, said it was a "big emphasis" for him to get the deal done before the deadline. Twitter @DJJazzyJody

Jody Genessy: Alec Burks' message to Jazz during negotiations: "I had (my agent) tell the Jazz I wanted to be here. I see something bright in the future." Twitter @DJJazzyJody

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You
    Favors got fouled and than played soft so he wouldn't get a 2nd. With Rudy on the bench he needs to continue to play aggressive or Rudy needs to come in.

That's their play.

Looked like the same old Jazz to me. Maybe it wasn't all on Ty? They want to shoot 3's but they're not great shooters. They want to step it up defensively but I'm not sure they are very good there either.
    Ty's coached these guys for most, if not all of their careers. It may take a while for them to start to break the habits that he's taught them.

Great effort from Favors and Hayward. Need better shooting from Burke & Burks than 5/20 combined from the field though.

A lot of guys with probably the best games of their lives. Favors is off to a great start. See if he makes adjustments when the scouting reports catch up with him.

Burks had an off game. Not worried about him. Burke otoh has shot bad in every game after not shooting well last year. He and Burks did bring them back last game.

Exum hitting 3's and some nice passes. Ingles looking better and better. Booker bringing it every night. Enes in the doghouse again? Evans certainly is. He can't even get garbage time. Might as well put him on the inactive roster and look to trade him. They're going to need it for roster flexibility. Ingles will be sticking around it appears and I'd guess Hamilton too. Murray who knows? I imagine he'll be headed to the Dleague in a couple weeks.

Rudy had a nice move across the lane that I haven't seen from him. He missed but a nice glimpse of his future hopefully. He's a lot of fun to watch. Very impressive what he does out there at his size.

Looked good for 3 quarters. Still going to need a full game. Suns on a back to back after disposing of the world champs.
    Last edited by Xiao Yao You; 11-02-2014 at 08:23 AM.

[QUOTE]The last time Derrick had a game like this was his high school championship game when he had 38 points and 21 rebounds. Did he just realize what he is capable of accomplishing in the NBA? Derrick is in a really good place. I have thought Derrick would be the player who takes the biggest jump under Quin. Next stop is Blake and DeAndre in L.A. How does Derrick attack them? That

[QUOTE]