Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    NBA rookie of the year

Default Re: Russell Westbrook will average 30 ppg this year

Quote Originally Posted by Papaya Petee
    I am willing to bet anything Russell won't reach 26 PPG or 46% FG
    I'll take that bet.

You lose, you must get a Westbrook avatar for rest of season.
    I lose, I'll get an avatar of any active NBA player you choose.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Papaya Petee
    I am willing to bet anything Russell won't reach 26 PPG or 46% FG
    He could shoot 46%, it's just a difference of one more make or one less miss per game. Not going to happen if he guns his way to 26 ppg however.

No. For these reasons:

a) Durant
    b) No jumper
    c) Shot selection
    d) Lack of intelligence

Quote Originally Posted by russwest0
    I don't know if you are being serious or not, because you mostly post stupid shit.

Butler has always been complete ass in the playoffs and I was alright with his addition, only if it was as the 12th man or some shit.

Notice how he didn't sign with Miami because they wouldn't guarantee him any minutes, yet the instant he got in OKC, Jeremy Lamb was instantly dropped from the rotation.

Notice how Adams played great basketball all season long and in the playoffs.... yet still couldn't find more minutes in the rotation than banged up, overweight, and damn near useless Perkins.

Fisher had his moments midseason but after that he went to total shit as well. The guy is like 40 years old and Brooks played him like 40 minutes in game 6 vs the Spurs....

Brooks is such a drooling retard that I will never expect OKC to be the favorites with him coaching. Through his rotations, interview answers, and demeanor, it's clear that the guy has a hard on for untalented veterans unlike pretty much any coach I've ever seen before. He was one in his playing days so I guess he enjoys living vicariously through him.
    butler shot like 40% from 3 with okc. He is one of the few veteran shot creators in this league.

thabo is a 3 point threat. He can shoot it from anywhere on the court and gets great shots from westbrook. Top that off with his superior defense, which okc lacks.

Fisher may be 40 yearsold but hes only the 3rd string for okc. If fisher was so trash, why did brooks play him so long in gamw 6 against the spurs? He had a great 3 point shooting year and played really solid defense.

NBA Superstar

Dude averaged 28/9/6 with 4 steals a game on 50% shooting vs Chris Paul in the playoffs...

And CP3 still going to carry the BS "best PG in the league" title too

Russell Westbrook will do great as always, but they need to fire Scott Brooks and find a better coach.

How can you be coaching this team for 6 or 7 years and still not have any offensive game plan expect Russell Westbrook go 1v5 every possession.

Sunshine State

Quote Originally Posted by Lebronxrings
    butler shot like 40% from 3 with okc. He is one of the few veteran shot creators in this league.

thabo is a 3 point threat. He can shoot it from anywhere on the court and gets great shots from westbrook. Top that off with his superior defense, which okc lacks.

Fisher may be 40 yearsold but hes only the 3rd string for okc. If fisher was so trash, why did brooks play him so long in gamw 6 against the spurs? He had a great 3 point shooting year and played really solid defense.
    This dude just say Thabo is a 3 point threat.

I never took you seriously, but now that has never been more apparent.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by Le Shaqtus

shot 42% from 3 last year, before that shot 44% from 3.

had one bad stretch this year due to injuries and durant ball, now everyones hating on him?

Try again.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Le Shaqtus

Dude is hyping up Caron Butler as some sort of great shot creator when he couldn't even stay on the BUCKS, and apparently OKC lacks defense now as well

How some of these retards keep going without a ban yet I get a 2 week ban for simply saying "I don't give a shit" in response to a pissy mod asking me if I want a ban is beyond me

Quote Originally Posted by Lebronxrings
    he is capable of that. problem is, he has a ball dominant shot jacking small forward that wants his stats.

Yeah, a "shot jacking" SF who's averaged 29 PPG on 49/38/89 shooting and 62% TS the last five seasons. What a travesty.

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiSWISH
    No. For these reasons:

a) Durant
    b) No jumper
    c) Shot selection
    d) Lack of intelligence
    He's actually got a jumper. Saying he has no jumper is misleading. It's just an inconsistent jumper. But anyone that's watched more than a few OKC games over the last few years knows Westbrook has a jumper that can be damn near automatic some games.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnMax
    I'll take that bet.

You lose, you must get a Westbrook avatar for rest of season.
    I lose, I'll get an avatar of any active NBA player you choose.
    Done. If he doesnt you rock a Gortat avy for the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by KG215
    He's actually got a jumper. Saying he has no jumper is misleading. It's just an inconsistent jumper. But anyone that's watched more than a few OKC games over the last few years knows Westbrook has a jumper that can be damn near automatic some games.
    Streaky ... same difference. I don't think anyone would classify Westbrook as a good jump shooter. A defense can sag off him and keep him some what contained due to the probability of inconsistency.

The point however is:

You need to have a consistent quality jumper to average 30 ppg. Putting up a little over 7 a quarter for 82 games requires great shot selection, and intelligence to accompany a good jumper. Another thing Westbrook doesn't have.

Westbrook is not averaging 30 ppg for a multitude of reasons. Both in his own ability, and the context of the team or his role.

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiSWISH
    Streaky ... same difference. I don't think anyone would classify Westbrook as a good jump shooter. A defense can sag off him and keep him some what contained due to the probability of inconsistency.

The point however is:

You need to have a consistent quality jumper to average 30 ppg. Putting up a little over 7 a quarter for 82 games requires great shot selection, and intelligence to accompany a good jumper. Another thing Westbrook doesn't have.

Westbrook is not averaging 30 ppg for a multitude of reasons. Both in his own ability, and the context of the team or his role.
    Right, but that is different than saying he has "no" jumper. And his shot selection has gotten better. Point being, he has plenty of games or stretches of games where his jumper is money and he becomes impossible to defend. I do agree, though, that Westbrook's total package and the fact that he plays with Durant means there's no way in hell he'll even sniff a 30 PPG season. A 30 PPG month, sure, but he's not doing it over the course of an entire 82 game season.