Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Default Re: 2012-13 regular season!

What team do you envision making the first "big" trade this season? Chad Ford (1:12 PM): Everyone is looking at the Jazz right now. Paul Millsap and Al Jefferson could really help a veteran team. They are in the last year of their contracts. The Jazz want to clear more time for Derrick Favors. They have all the pieces to make a big deal with someone. Clearly the Lakers are looking in the mirror right now and trying to upgrade their athleticism/defense. ESPN.com

[QUOTE]They had life-size posters of me in Utah with me behind bars. Before the situation with Jamaal Tinsley, I had never been in jail, and I'm from the projects! ESPN.com

[URL="http://espn.go.com/blog/playbook/fandom/post/_/id/15111/stephen-jackson-talks-rap-loyalty-life"]Do you regret the Palace brawl? Stephen Jackson: No. Because the idea of Ron laying in the stands unconscious with all his teeth knocked out

Good win against the Lakers, especially with it being on the road.

Time to trade Jeffereson? I find myself jumping onto that train of thought more and more often, especially since the Jazz are looking like a .500, 7-8 seed playoff team again.

Kanter and Favors play are dictating it. Hard to watch them play and not want to see more of them.

[COLOR=#000080]Robinson Studying Millsap To Learn How To Be Effective Undersized Big[/COLOR]

Dec 07, 2012 1:39 PM EST

Thomas Robinson has struggled to begin his rookie season, averaging 5.1 points and 3.8 rebounds per game.
    "My rookie season's not going exactly as I envisioned it, but I'm just trying to work my way out of it," Robinson said. "Trying to get back to where I want to be."

Robinson has been shown film of other NBA players he can model his game after.

"Once I got to the league, I figured I don't need to watch tape of guys in the league

[quote] Utah Jazz: Jamaal Tinsley back to backup

Jazz notes
    Last edited by Xiao Yao You; 12-11-2012 at 03:52 AM.

Jason Terry wasn't even through his first year with the Dallas Mavericks when then-coach Don Nelson apparently wasn't pleased with his point guard skills. [URL="http://sportsblogs.star-telegram.com/mavs/2012/12/cuban-said-nelson-tried-to-trade-terry-to-utah.html"]Nelson apparently was so disenchanted that he already had a deal done to ship Terry to the Utah Jazz. But owner Mark Cuban pulled the plug on the trade. "I remember having to tell Nellie that, 'No, we

The Los Angeles Lakers have paused their pursuit of Raja Bell with the point guard position being their short-term priority.

Bell is waiting to agree to a buyout with the Utah Jazz until he secures a guaranteed contract for the rest of the season.

The Chicago Bulls are offering Bell a non-guaranteed contract, according to sources.

Via Adrian Wojnarowski/Yahoo! Sports

The Utah Jazz are in the playoff hunt and have two starting big men in the last years of their deals in Millsap and Al Jefferson. Utah also has two talented young big men in Derrick Favors and Enes Kanter. Any big move by new general manager Dennis Lindsey, however, could disrupt Utah's playoff hopes. [COLOR=#000080]"I would think they would more likely trade Millsap over Jefferson because he is going to be harder to keep," one GM said. "He's made less money than Jefferson and he will go to the highest bidder."[/COLOR] [COLOR=#000080]Yahoo! Sports[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#000080]It's a working assumption in front offices all over the league that the Jazz will trade Al Jefferson or Paul Millsap for a front-line point guard at some point during the next 10 weeks.[/COLOR] For two reasons. 1. Jefferson and Millsap will be free agents in July, meaning that Utah risks losing both without compensation if they're still on the roster beyond Feb. 21. 2. Derrick Favors and Enes Kanter are the undeniable power players of the future in Utah, even though Jefferson is one of only five players this season averaging 17 and 10 -- along with Dwight Howard, David Lee, Kevin Love and Zach Randolph -- and despite Millsap's status as the most productive forward from the 2006 draft not named LaMarcus Aldridge. [COLOR=#000080]ESPN.com[/COLOR]

Two: as of right now, the potential suitors aren't anywhere near making their
    best offer. The likeliest trade partners: Chicago, Memphis, Minnesota,
    Milwaukee, Utah. The Bulls were interested in Redick as a FA and Memphis
    supposedly expressed recent interest. I haven't heard directly that Minnesota,
    Milwaukee and Utah have talked to Orlando but Redick fits their systems and/or
    fills a need. Sulia
    I'd think Foye would have to go.

Waiving Howard creates an open roster spot for a small forward who can defend. [COLOR=#0066cc]The options include signing swingman James Anderson, cut just Thursday by San Antonio, or a veteran sitting at home such as Michael Redd, who has had knee problems of his own; pulling a wing player such as Chris Douglas-Roberts or Coby Karl,[/COLOR] who played on the Wolves' summer league team, from the Development League; or trading for a player such as Raja Bell, who is sitting home in exile from Utah. [COLOR=#0066cc]Minneapolis Star-Tribune[/COLOR]

1st quarter was ugly. Burks gave them a lift.