Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Banned

Default Re: Kids and street ballers strive to be like...

Quote Originally Posted by GrapeApe
    Duncan is a top 10 player all time and a 5 time champion. Your assertion that nobody strives to be like him is false. This may be hard for you to accept but a lot of people would prefer being a great player over being flashy.
    I think he is just talking about the street ballers you see in highlight and mix tapes.

Good college starter SwayDizzle's Avatar

Duncan is boring as f*ck that's why. Every time we see Duncan get the ball in the post, we start to snooze. He lacks creativity. Hell, the entire Spurs roster is boring as f*ck. Can't wait to see Kobe destroy these lamos again.

Quote Originally Posted by outbreak
    In what world are street ballers all children? If you are using your own imaginary rules and only thinking about and 1 type street ballers then yes they will all be flashy but if you are talking about actual street ballers who play pick up games I know plenty who aren't flashy. Just because an answer doesn't fit your agenda doesn't mean it's wrong....
    I think everybody else knows what I mean when I say street ballers. Street ballers are not old ass man who happens to play pick up games. Them old overweight , non flashy and out of breath niguhs don't count.

Quote Originally Posted by SwayDizzle
    Duncan is boring as f*ck that's why. Every time we see Duncan get the ball in the post, we start to snooze. He lacks creativity. Hell, the entire Spurs roster is boring as f*ck. Can't wait to see Kobe destroy these lamos again.
    Yes I think that Duncan also lacks creatvity that's sum major points against him. That's Why I can never put him on my top 10, he's not unique and very replaceable. He got lucky to be mentored by d-rob and birthed into pops system.

If you're talking about street ball only, why single out Duncan? Street ballers rarely if ever emulate the style of ANY big men. Do street ballers try to emulate KAJ, Russell, Wilt, etc...?

IMO, Tim has humility and lets his game do the talking. Most kids love the "in your face" flash shit... very few take the time to learn all the nuances of hoop.

...kind of like some of the posters in here. Don't know anything 'cept what ESPN tells them. SMH.

Quote Originally Posted by GrapeApe
    If you're talking about street ball only, why single out Duncan? Street ballers rarely if ever emulate the style of ANY big men. Do street ballers try to emulate KAJ, Russell, Wilt, etc...?
    I remember everyone wanted to be Shaq. He let fat men back on the court. We haven't had a big like that since. I don't consider Tim a "big" man, and Dwight the Blight will never get to that level.

Quote Originally Posted by Real14
    Yes I think that Duncan also lacks creatvity that's sum major points against him. That's Why I can never put him on my top 10, he's not unique and very replaceable. He got lucky to be mentored by d-rob and birthed into pops system.
    Dogg, you know I love ya and all, but how can you say Tim is "very replaceable". Yeah, he's been blessed with Pop's guiding hand, but don't you remember how he handled us a few years ago? C'mon man....

The dude is an all-time great. Word.

Quote Originally Posted by smoovegittar
    I remember everyone wanted to be Shaq. He let fat men back on the court. We haven't had a big like that since. I don't consider Tim a "big" man, and Dwight the Blight will never get to that level.
    Shaq may be the exception because he had such freakish skills and athleticism for his size. My point stands though. Street ballers primarily try to emulate the skills of perimeter players, not PF's and C's. OP knows this but is running out of ways to push his anti-Duncan agenda.

I usually hit open layups

Quote Originally Posted by SwayDizzle
    This is one of the most troubling things I have ever read in my life. Duncan has one of the most complete low-post arsenals ever. There is an enormous difference between "creativity" and "dunking like Shawn Kemp." Duncan is easily the best post player of his time.