Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Lead the league in PER

Quote Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents
    Lol, when Russell came in 95th they should have just scrapped this thing or redid it
    They didn't record steals or blocks back then. You can ONLY compare players in the same era when it comes to PER. It doesn't translate across eras.

Banned

Lol kobe fans trying to ignore my op

Jordan 7
    Lebron 6
    Kobe 0
    How could the amazing kobe bryant never be the most dominant statistically ever in his career

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by rlsmooth775
    Isiah Thomas as a individual player wasn't that amazing his team success might put him ahead of players in a all time list but he wasn't this amazing once every 20 years player
    watch game 6 of the 1988 nba finals

then get back to me

zeke is a legit 2 time finals mvp, 3 time nba champion

NBA rookie of the year HOoopCityJones's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fpliii
    PER doesn't exist before 77-78. basketball.reference.com just calculates it as if blocks, steals, turnovers, offensive rebounds are all zero before then (which hurts Russell, Wilt, Kareem a ton...we speculated about this last month, it probably adds 3-5 PER.
    Sounds like a load of Bullshit.

Regardless you have guys like Magic and Bird being behind guys they have no business being behind in anything having to do with Basketball.

Really flawed stat measuring tool, yet people love to ignore to the gaping faults.

Quote Originally Posted by fpliii
    PER doesn't exist before 77-78. basketball.reference.com just calculates it as if blocks, steals, turnovers, offensive rebounds are all zero before then (which hurts Russell, Wilt, Kareem a ton...we speculated about this last month, it probably adds 3-5 PER.
    Wilt & Kareem didn't get too affected by it, 5th & 11th isn't that far off from where they usually rank all time. 95th for Russell though, you just know your formula doesn't work

NBA rookie of the year HOoopCityJones's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents
    Wilt & Kareem didn't get too affected by it, 4th & 11th isn't that far off from where they usually rank all time. 95th for Russell though, you just know your formula doesn't work
    Bird being a 17th is the biggest crime imo.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by HOoopCityJones

Regardless you have guys like Magic and Bird being behind guys they have no business being behind in anything having to do with Basketball.

Really flawed stat measuring tool, yet people love to ignore to the gaping faults.
    john hollinger from ESPN invented PER and him like all the other idiots out there who believe in it. just looked at who was in the top 2

they want to see jordan. and they want to see lebron

and it actually became a stat thats on real websites now because so many people forgot to look at the other 150 guys on the list

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by kennethgriffin

watch game 6 of the 1988 nba finals

then get back to me

zeke is a legit 2 time finals mvp, 3 time nba champion

Amazing game but that doesnt change anything. Like i said as a individual player
    He wasn't this amazing player that comes round every 20 or 30 years

Quote Originally Posted by HOoopCityJones

It pretty much is. BTW here's the link to their methodology:

source: http://www.basketball-reference.com/about/per.html

[QUOTE]Problems arise for seasons prior to 1979-80:

1979-80

shhhhhhh

it was never meant to compare players from different eras or even teams... If you use it to compare players even if they played in the same era you're using it wrong...

it was originally meant to see how changes within a teams system effects the players on that team or how moving a player to a different position or tweaking his role effects that player alone or the others around him

it has so many numbers involved and it's such a complicated formula it's idiotic to even begin to use it as some form of giant rate all rating tool...

Banned

PER shows the greatest individual players don't let team success fool you into thinking a certain player is being snubbed

Banned

Amazing game but that doesnt change anything. Like i said as a individual player
    He wasn't this amazing player that comes round every 20 or 30 years
    well theres only a few "amazing players that come around every 20 or 30 years

i'l admit zeke isnt a top 3 player ever.. sure

who the **** said that?

but hes top 20

how many legit small point guards lead their teams to multiple nba titles?

and its not like he wasnt putting up sick numbers during his prime. like 20+ and 10 assists

he was a baller. tough as nails. one of the bad boys. and had one of the most inspiring performances in finals history. only to be robbed of the championship with a bogus call at the end of the game in 1988

pistons are the real champs that year. i saw the game. im a lakers fan. i dont care. it was rigged

Banned

Lol kobe fans are so salty right now

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by kennethgriffin
    well theres only a few "amazing players that come around every 20 or 30 years

i'l admit zeke isnt a top 3 player ever.. sure

who the **** said that?

but hes top 20

how many legit small point guards lead their teams to multiple nba titles?

and its not like he wasnt putting up sick numbers during his prime. like 20+ and 10 assists

he was a baller. tough as nails. one of the bad boys. and had one of the most inspiring performances in finals history. only to be robbed of the championship with a bogus call at the end of the game in 1988

pistons are the real champs that year. i saw the game. im a lakers fan. i dont care. it was rigged
    What does that have to do with my op or individual dominance

Banned

Lol kobe fans are so salty right now
    you're still high on the fumes from getting ethered. go back to detox and get clean. then come back and see the damage left to your bloody corpse.