Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Dispelling the Myth that Kobe had to accept the large contract offer.

I would venture to say probably no one on this board has given more than a nanoseconds thought of returning a raise at work because "it benefited the company".

Default Re: Dispelling the Myth that Kobe had to accept the large contract offer.

People are still talking about this? Jesus Christ, let it go already.

Local High School Star wakencdukest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
    This topic is stupid for the simple reason that no one thinks Bryant "had" to accept the contract. The simple reality that no one needs to be getting worked up over is that LA offered him the deal and he said yes.

They could have offered less and held their ground.

Local High School Star 3LiftHeatCurse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    I would venture to say probably no one on this board has given more than a nanoseconds thought of returning a raise at work because "it benefited the company".
    Kome taking a paycut...... is this decision for winning or for "helping the company" ?

Kome wants to win right?

Your analogy is horrible. How do you even turn your PC on in the morning. The only way your analogy would work, is if I am offered an opportunity to work with Warren Buffet or something, some big time legend that would provide me with PRICELESS connections and experience and wisdom of my industry.... in that case, I would GLADLY give my employer the money back for the chance of that.

In this case, Kome wanted championships, or so he claims? So why didn't he gladly take a paycut? Cause he's always been selfish.

Overrated too. Lakers got him 5 rings with stacked teams, Kome didn't get the Lakers 5 rings.
    Last edited by 3LiftHeatCurse; 03-15-2014 at 10:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by wakencdukest
    They could have offered less and held their ground.
    And how does adding 5 million dollar (the amount Shaq supposedly gave up ) player morph the 2015 Lakers into a championship level team?

Local High School Star 3LiftHeatCurse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yao Ming's Foot
    And how does adding 5 million dollar (the amount Shaq supposedly gave up ) player morph the 2015 Lakers into a championship level team?
    $5 mil a year is an extra top level playoff rotation role player. A Udonis Haslem, a Mike Miller, etc. Huge difference.

And Shaq signed that contract when he was 32 and still healthy. Kome is injured and 36.

Quote Originally Posted by 3LiftHeatCurse
    Kome taking a paycut...... is this decision for winning or for "helping the company" ?

Kome wants to win right?

Your analogy is horrible. How do you even turn your PC on in the morning.
    Once again I will ask why would he sign with the Lakers at all if all he really wanted to do was win? Seems like the Spurs and Thunder would be better than any 2014 FA squad.

Quote Originally Posted by 3LiftHeatCurse
    $5 mil a year is an extra top level playoff rotation role player. A Udonis Haslem, a Mike Miller, etc. Huge difference.

And Shaq signed that contract when he was 32 and still healthy. Kome is injured and 36.
    So what do you think the Lakers record would be right now if they were lucky enough to have the great udonis Haslam on the squad?

Great college starter Quickening's Avatar

Kobe can accept whatever he wants, more fool Lakers front office... But for him to come out bitching is hilarious, and pretending he mainly cares about winning.

"The reality is, I'm not going to retire because I want the money,” Nash, who’s owed $9.7 million next season, said in the 11-minute video. “It's honest. We want honest athletes, but at the same time, you're going to have people out there that are going be like, 'Oh man, he's so greedy. He's already made so much money in his career and he's got to take this last little bit.' Yes, I do. I have to take that last little bit.
    - Steve Nash

Banned

not really surprised that YMF made a big appearance in this thread

Kobelicious

did he not taking a paycut? no?

and nothing is wrong for believing he can still win without 2 other max player,
    he did it 5 times with one max player (which lakers can still offer)

he criticize the FO, but more because they chose pringles instead of pjax,
    and who know what feud he has been witnessing between jimmy and his sister after jerry died and jimmy boy throw a mud on his sister fiancee

you do realize lebron not only made the best decision for his basketball career by teaming up with 3 other superstars, but also financially due to Floridas tax advantages over for example new york or illinois
    the nba is a business kid

Quote Originally Posted by blablabla
    you do realize lebron not only made the best decision for his basketball career by teaming up with 3 other superstars, but also financially due to Floridas tax advantages over for example new york or illinois
    the nba is a business kid
    then why were/are so many people angry at lebron leaving cleveland?
    Going by your logic, anyone who hates lebron for leaving the cavs is a manchild.
    Last edited by Rose'sACL; 03-15-2014 at 11:45 AM.

These hoes ain't loyal Nuff Said's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yao Ming's Foot
    Once again I will ask why would he sign with the Lakers at all if all he really wanted to do was win? Seems like the Spurs and Thunder would be better than any 2014 FA squad.
    Holy shit why do you think he's furious at the front office and wants mda gone??? It is pretty much a fact that winning is the main thing on Kobe's mind right now but that doesn't mean he wants to be second fiddle to any other superstar. He still wants to be the main option on the team while also being bailed out when his hero ball fails.