Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 05-25-2013, 11:57 PM   #1
jzek
EL LO BEE

jzek has decent reputationjzek has decent reputation
Default could Rudy Gay have helped this MEM team against SAS?

Sorry, I've never seen a single minute of the WCF (just not my flavor of basketball) and so I don't know if having Gay would have made a difference for MEM. Was the trade still worth it or not (outside of financial reasons)?
jzek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 12:01 AM   #2
Mr. NBA
I hit open layups

Mr. NBA has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: could Rudy Gay have helped this MEM team against SAS?

Memphis would not be in the WCF if we kept Rudy. Isolating against the spurs is askng for trouble.

And the ECF if the exact same as WCF. Indy and Memphis are tough defensive teams. Miami and Spurs are ball movement teams. Why isnt it your type of game to watch? No Lebron?

Last edited by Mr. NBA : 05-26-2013 at 12:04 AM.
Mr. NBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 12:01 AM   #3
Batz
Shit just got serious

Batz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I think it was worth it, I don't believe they'll make it to the WCF with him, but he would've helped against this SAS team IMO.
Batz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 12:02 AM   #4
jlip
Good college starter

jlip has an incredible reputation herejlip has an incredible reputation herejlip has an incredible reputation herejlip has an incredible reputation herejlip has an incredible reputation herejlip has an incredible reputation herejlip has an incredible reputation herejlip has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batz
I think it was worth it, I don't believe they'll make it to the WCF with him, but he would've helped against this SAS team IMO.

This basically
jlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 12:03 AM   #5
HEAT111
Sonic Boom

HEAT111 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batz

A lot of people keep on saying this. They keep on forgetting that they lost their last two times they were eliminated both teams went to 7. Even with or without Rudy.
HEAT111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 12:05 AM   #6
RichieW
I hit open 5-footers

RichieW has not been impressing people

Leonard has shut down Gay every time they've played. They are a better team without him.
RichieW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 12:06 AM   #7
Kiddlovesnets
NBA Superstar

Kiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation here

He would definitely have helped them in WCF, but the bottom-line is that the Grizzlies aint going to WCF with Rudy Gay. They'd probably lost 1-4 or 2-4 to LA Clippers this way lol.
Kiddlovesnets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 12:09 AM   #8
Big Cheese
I hit open 5-footers

Big Cheese is considered somewhat coolBig Cheese is considered somewhat cool

they dont need rudy gay they just need some 3 point shooters to space the floor. when tony allen and prince are on the floor at the same time Gasol and zach randolph get doubled and tripled teamed
Big Cheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 12:09 AM   #9
gasolina
DEY DA-PRESSED

gasolina is considered somewhat coolgasolina is considered somewhat coolgasolina is considered somewhat cool

If we had rudy at that last possession before regulation then it would've helped. But agree with others, trading him away was the fork of where the grizz would be a defensive low post team, or a more perimeter oriented free flowing team.

The 2nd team alreadt lost to the clipps in 7 last year
gasolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 12:11 AM   #10
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Definitely. I think a couple of 8-25 shooting performances while doing not much else on the floor would've been big for Memphis.

Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 12:23 AM   #11
WayOfWade
Returning AUG 2015

WayOfWade has an OK reputation so far

Could he? Yes absolutely.
Would he? Highly doubtful, he'd probably hurt his team more.
WayOfWade is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: