Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 05-24-2013, 03:25 AM   #46
ripthekik
GIVEN NOT EARNED

ripthekik has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Are we gonna act like the refs didnt try to screw Miami last night

Quote:
Originally Posted by SewerUrchin
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRu3XRXe8cs

See 6:18 mark. There are a couple of additional angles from behind.

It's not entirely clear enough from any of these angles to settle any debates. Heat haters will argue nobody touched Lebron's head. Heat fans will claim you can see a reaction thunk on Lebron's head from getting hit.
Please, with Lebron's history of flopping, acting, you actually believe he was hit? He's just flopping some more
ripthekik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 03:38 AM   #47
SewerUrchin
I airball my layups

SewerUrchin has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripthekik
Please, with Lebron's history of flopping, acting, you actually believe he was hit? He's just flopping some more

At 6:23, his head pops down with a quick jolt. Does Lebron flop from time to time, absolutely! But that kind of head pop would be pretty tough to master as an acting move.

I understand how much you adore and admire Lebron's game, but surely you don't think he's so talented that he would jog his head down while on the way to the basket, risking loss of vision and focus on the rim, just so he could try to flop his way to a potential three point play? If that was indeed the case, then that's pretty darn impressive, but also sad considering it didn't even work.
SewerUrchin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 03:43 AM   #48
ripthekik
GIVEN NOT EARNED

ripthekik has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by SewerUrchin
At 6:23, his head pops down with a quick jolt. Does Lebron flop from time to time, absolutely! But that kind of head pop would be pretty tough to master as an acting move.

I understand how much you adore and admire Lebron's game, but surely you don't think he's so talented that he would jog his head down while on the way to the basket, risking loss of vision and focus on the rim, just so he could try to flop his way to a potential three point play? If that was indeed the case, then that's pretty darn impressive, but also sad considering it didn't even work.
lol, he would react if he felt the chance was there to sell it.

This guy falls down so many times while setting screens it's funny. Derek fisher is able to knock him down? In the game yesterday, he also fell when setting a screen and got 2 free throws from it

Flopping is such a big part of his game now. That play there is part of it. He's just gotten a bit better at not being so flamboyant.
ripthekik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 04:04 AM   #49
plowking
well DENG

plowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

This guy falls down so many times while setting screens it's funny. Derek fisher is able to knock him down? In the game yesterday, he also fell when setting a screen and got 2 free throws from it

Flopping is such a big part of his game now. That play there is part of it. He's just gotten a bit better at not being so flamboyant.

So how does Lebron guess exactly where the contact is in dispute, despite not seeing where Hill swiped at due to being in front of him?

Did he magically just assume Hill took a swipe around his head?

All evidence points to Lebron most likely getting hit on the head on that play.
plowking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 04:15 AM   #50
SewerUrchin
I airball my layups

SewerUrchin has an OK reputation so far

Quote:

I know, it was awesome, it made me LOL, and I was hoping he would get fined... a little disappointed he hasn't been, but there's still time.

Quote:

I wouldn't say it's any more a part of his game now than before. He's just getting better at it from experience. Keep in mind, players have to be much more careful about flopping now. What you need is plausible deniability. Think about it:
  • You have to pick the right moment, at speed, during the flow of the game.
  • Your technique needs to convince the refs watching live.
  • Your technique also has to create enough plausibility during slow motion reviews *after the game* so you don't get fined and ultimately suspended.
  • Superstar status does help with plausibility, but I've seen non superstars succeed, so it's not impossible.

The rule changes have, if anything, favored the experienced, seasoned floppers over the amateurs. It's also reduced the overall flopping to maybe 2-3 offenses per game instead of 8-10. So in a way it has freed things up for the refs to mess up calls all on their own without players influencing them as much.
SewerUrchin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 04:28 AM   #51
Jax
Great young streetballer

Jax is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rondo
Can someone PLEASE show me where the f*ck this hit on the head is?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnNRf9rRLsU

What about Bosh pushing Hibbert resulting in a massive 3 point play? Forget which Pacer it was but Battier pushed him to the ground and HE was the one who got FT's.

Miami throws the ball out of bounds, it clearly doesn't touch West and they say it's Miami ball without even reviewing it. Get real. There were debatable calls for both teams last night and hopefully that continues because it makes for a more entertaining game than one team getting everything.
West clearly hacked him...
Jax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 05:40 AM   #52
arifgokcen
DON'T FEED THE TROLL

arifgokcen has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by russwest0
No, they weren't. James didn't even get touched on the head, watch that play again. He was just whining to the refs like usual. Miami is Flop City anyways. They deserved to be screwed after all of that flopping last night.

Lebron got hit there twice by west and hill no doubt about it

that said as i always say bad calls go both ways,refs didnt favor pacers but they didnt favor miami at all.
arifgokcen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 07:14 AM   #53
SpaceJammeR
Don't Hate, Heat

SpaceJammeR has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by arifgokcen
Lebron got hit there twice by west and hill no doubt about it

that said as i always say bad calls go both ways,refs didnt favor pacers but they didnt favor miami at all.

if refs were rigging for miami to win they wouldn't have called that last foul on wade. it's actually funny that they called that foul.
SpaceJammeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 10:29 AM   #54
greymatter
Local High School Star

greymatter has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jax
West clearly hacked him...

Some douche obviously wasn't watching the game live. The clip didn't show the TNT's other replay from behind. Hill thought he could block Lebron from behind and all he did was catch him across the head with his forearm.

There were 2 clear fouls on that drive. They just weren't hard enough to do anything to slow Lebron's momentum.
greymatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 12:31 PM   #55
NumberSix
Big Booty Hoes!!

NumberSix is a pretty well-respected posterNumberSix is a pretty well-respected posterNumberSix is a pretty well-respected posterNumberSix is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fudge
You have Rihanna as your avatar. Close this thread.
You have Perkins and a goat doe.
NumberSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 12:34 PM   #56
LikeABosh
Banned

LikeABosh is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Refs were terrible all around last game. They were calling touch fouls on both sides all game. Lebron was certainly fouled just as much as Paul Geroge was on that three point att. the play after.
LikeABosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 12:34 PM   #57
LikeABosh
Banned

LikeABosh is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Refs were terrible all around last game. They were calling touch fouls on both sides all game. Lebron was certainly fouled just as much as Paul Geroge was on that three point att. the play after.
LikeABosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 12:58 PM   #58
BBallZen83
Great young streetballer

BBallZen83 has no real reputation yet.

Refs just killed any flow to the game at all. It was really frustrating at times. Not that they were doing it to kill miami, but the heat do thrive off of offensive flow and good pace. The one call that had me absolutely livid was the foul call on wade to give 3 freethrows to george, basically taking the game directly out of the hands of the players and into the hands of the officials. You just don't make that call at the end of a game unless the foul is blatant. I saw every angle of that play and their was no definitive contact by wade.
BBallZen83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 01:06 PM   #59
Psycho
Banned

Psycho has a bad reputationPsycho has a bad reputationPsycho has a bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBallZen83
Refs just killed any flow to the game at all. It was really frustrating at times. Not that they were doing it to kill miami, but the heat do thrive off of offensive flow and good pace. The one call that had me absolutely livid was the foul call on wade to give 3 freethrows to george, basically taking the game directly out of the hands of the players and into the hands of the officials. You just don't make that call at the end of a game unless the foul is blatant. I saw every angle of that play and their was no definitive contact by wade.

You must need glasses then.
Psycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 04:01 PM   #60
ihoopallday
King James

ihoopallday has a near all-star reputation hereihoopallday has a near all-star reputation hereihoopallday has a near all-star reputation hereihoopallday has a near all-star reputation hereihoopallday has a near all-star reputation hereihoopallday has a near all-star reputation here

You're so mad right now
ihoopallday is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: