Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Default Re: 80s superteams transplanted into the 90s

bulls would be lucky to win 1

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.J4ever
    Exactly.

3Ball, notice what I said, "GREAT center on a GREAT team". Hakeem and Ewing were great centers on good teams. So the Bulls never encountered those type of animals from the 80s.
    Lol Kareem was a great center in 87? Or are you doing what most fans do jump from team to team.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by mehyaM24
    guy is one of the greatest scorers in history (probably THE greatest volume scorer).
    Who the hell has an argument over Jordan as a scorer? Durant and MAYBE Wilt, but you have to take era into account. LOL @ pretending like there are 6 or 7 great scorers that could be above or equal to Jordan. It's really just Jordan and Durant. And seeing as Durant hasn't done it while winning a title yet, it's really just Jordan

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.J4ever
    It's a good point about the "bridge". It can be answered this way: the late 80s Lakers weren't as good as the 86 Celtics or 83 76ers. The 88 and 89 Lakers were teams built around Magic, while the early 80s Lakers were teams with KAJ as their go to guy. This is why I don't think the Pistons were as good as the other 3( Lakers, Celts, 76ers) at their peak.

This is what I've been saying, Magic never won a title without KAJ
    I don't get this line of reasoning. A clear double standard. So the Pistons weren't as good as the teams you mentioned (Lakers, Celtics and Sixers) because they beat them when they weren't as good. But let me guess, when the Lakers and Celtics beat them (the Pistons) they were at their best. Am I right?

Quote Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers
    McHale was pretty much top 5 in '86 & '87. Once you get to the #4-#8 guys on both squads its pretty obvious which team had more talent. It shouldn't even be debated.

DJ (Still All-Star caliber, All-NBA defender)
    Ainge (15-5-4 player)
    Walton (6MOY, GOAT back-up center)
    Wedman (Sharpshooter who moved well without the ball)
    Sichting (Money from midrange, one-dimensional)

Kukoc (6MOY)
    Harper (Very good defender, limited offense by this point)
    Longley (One of the worst starting centers in the league)
    Kerr (One-dimensional player who was one of the best shooters in the league)
    Wennington (total scrub)
    When are you gonna get this through your thick head. Teams dont play game like that. Steve Kerr doesn't have to outplay Sitching. He has to do hus job. Hit the open jumper. And make threes. Thats his job.

And you forget Brian Williams, Jason Caffey and Jud Buchler.

And I remember my point on Williams avg 10/6. It was if his stats were based on 80s statistics.

Caffeys 7/4 on 53% shooting isnt far off from Waltons 8/7 on 56%. And he was the Bulls tenth man.

And lets not forget the Bulls were flat out better than the Celtics as far as wins minus their respective best players. Without Jordan, the Bulls won 55 games. The Celtics won 42 in qn expansion year.