Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: I see alot of small gas station attendants gaurding kd

what about gas station toilet shit stain removers? i see a lot of dose rooting for lebron

Calling Payton 6'1 should be an insta ban

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Manny98's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by superduper
    You literally just called LeBron 6'10 when you know damm well he's 6'8

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceJam2
    If you're an offensive player would rather be guarded by

Iggy, Kawhi, Draymond, Durant (LeBron's Finals)

or

Hornacek, Porter, Majerle, 6'2 Payton (MJ's Finals)

Which is tougher?
    You show that you didn't watch that era, because MJ was rarely guarded straight up by a single player regardless of their height. He was often guarded with various defenders of various sizes essentially to give him different defensive looks. And he was often doubled or tripled teamed on the perimeter, with actual shotblockers in the paint.

The funny thing when you throw out names like Kawhi or Draymond is you act like those guys defend Bron 40 mins a night. There's a lot more switching in today's game and those guys will defend him in spurts. Plus, MJ would blow right past Draymond and KD, neither have the lateral quickness so I'm not sure why you throw their names out like MJ wouldn't score on them. KD would bother his jumpshot but MJ is an all-time great off-ball player and he'd attack KD mostly by taking him off the drive or coming off screens/picks to get open. 40 year old MJ abused prime KG for 35, who was a better defender than KD is. Iguodola and Kawhi are better physical matchups for MJ and he'd probably take them more in the post or shoot over them like he did guys like Penny Hardaway or Grant Hill, taller than MJ and every bit as athletic as the likes of Iggy and Kawhi. He had 'something' to attack just about any type of defender with.

So, instead of googling random pictures try youtubing some 90s Bulls games so you actually gain some perspective instead of the horseshit you usually spew. In 20 years I can't wait for those fans who never watched Lebron to throw up pictures of him being guarded by JJ Barea as 'evidence' of the defenders he faced.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bronbron23
    I won't mention any names but there's a few idiots on here who like to bring up the fact that mj at times faced defenders that are 3 or 4 inches shorter. Kd who is the best scorer in this era constantly faces smaller defenders who are 8 to 10 inches shorter. What's the difference? where are all these tall strong athletic defenders from this era at?
    last night your 7' sf collected 46 points but only 3 rebounds....

What is he a weakling or just scared to bang with the big boys ???

We got fvcktards thinking a 6'4 GP is 6'1 when he guarded MJ.

Jason Terry

3/9

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper
    last night your 7' sf collected 46 points but only 3 rebounds....

What is he a weakling or just scared to bang with the big boys ???
    Well he's not my small foward. He's not even my third favorite foward in the nba. To answer your question though yeah he's a little weak and isn't really a banger but he still gets a fair amount of rebounds. Calling him out for one game where he only got 3 rebounds but almost had 50 points is kinda dumb. Maybe if Steph and Klay weren't such weak playoff performers warriors would of won.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by superduper
    This.

Get your shit in order Kblaze.

You need to get rid of Dray and Klay again now.

Ded serious.

NBA sixth man of the year

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix
    You show that you didn't watch that era, because MJ was rarely guarded straight up by a single player regardless of their height. He was often guarded with various defenders of various sizes essentially to give him different defensive looks. And he was often doubled or tripled teamed on the perimeter, with actual shotblockers in the paint.

The funny thing when you throw out names like Kawhi or Draymond is you act like those guys defend Bron 40 mins a night. There's a lot more switching in today's game and those guys will defend him in spurts. Plus, MJ would blow right past Draymond and KD, neither have the lateral quickness so I'm not sure why you throw their names out like MJ wouldn't score on them. KD would bother his jumpshot but MJ is an all-time great off-ball player and he'd attack KD mostly by taking him off the drive or coming off screens/picks to get open. 40 year old MJ abused prime KG for 35, who was a better defender than KD is. Iguodola and Kawhi are better physical matchups for MJ and he'd probably take them more in the post or shoot over them like he did guys like Penny Hardaway or Grant Hill, taller than MJ and every bit as athletic as the likes of Iggy and Kawhi. He had 'something' to attack just about any type of defender with.

So, instead of googling random pictures try youtubing some 90s Bulls games so you actually gain some perspective instead of the horseshit you usually spew. In 20 years I can't wait for those fans who never watched Lebron to throw up pictures of him being guarded by JJ Barea as 'evidence' of the defenders he faced.
    Don't fall for this crap. If you notice these threads anymore. Its the same fools going back and forth debating a bunch of nonsense they did not watch and have no clue about. Educated posters don't even entertain these types of threads anymore, whether its about MJ, Lebron, Kobe, Wilt, or whoever. Don't fall into the trap.

Damn, this site is truly dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Drew
    So he was shorter prior to and after his prime? How does that work?
    He was officially listed as 6

[QUOTE=sportjames23]He was officially listed as 6