Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 10-27-2015, 07:12 AM   #61
BRabbiT

Default Re: Toronto Blue Jays 2015 Season

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jballer
Nice post...

thanks.

yeah, I agree, it’s probably a given that AA will be back. businesses like Rogers get greedy, though, & it’s not inconceivable that they just go with Shapiro (which would be dumb).

regarding Jose & Edwin, TOR should extend them this winter, instead of waiting to negotiate their deals in 2016.

wouldn’t resign Estrada, personally. This year is an outlier. He’ll be paid a lot more than he’s worth, imo.

wouldn’t “extend” RA. they already overpaid for him once. $12M is too much, imo. his track record in TOR has been more shaky than solid.

regarding Price, you’re right, I HIGHLY doubt TOR is even a possibility. Move on. those max contracts never work out, especially for a pitcher his age.

They have their choice of top-tier guys (Price, Zimmermann,Cueto, Greinke) & 2nd-tier guys (Fister, Iwakuma, Samardzija, Chen)..
BRabbiT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 12:01 PM   #62
Toni
The Clumsy Waiter

With the type of offence they have they will be ok with guys like Fister/Iwakuma/Shark. I personally don't want R.A. back at $12M, Price is too expensive at $30M and Estrada I hope doesn't get more than $10M.

Dickey and Price showed me more than enough this post season. They aren't worth $42 million between them.
Toni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 07:40 AM   #63
Jballer
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRabbiT
thanks.

wouldn’t resign Estrada, personally. This year is an outlier. He’ll be paid a lot more than he’s worth, imo.

wouldn’t “extend” RA. they already overpaid for him once. $12M is too much, imo. his track record in TOR has been more shaky than solid.

regarding Price, you’re right, I HIGHLY doubt TOR is even a possibility. ..[/i]”

I think I agree to disagree with you only on the first 2 points and only partially.

Estrada I half agree half don't. I think your right that he will want money. There is a limit to what he is worth; his season was a one year only performance. I suspect that some sort of 4 year deal at reasonable money will get done. Given his career, this team, chance to win, run support, d fence, he would probably take "term" over top flight dollars. "For the right price" he can still shore up the bullpen too...

I think RA ~ even shaky is worth $12M; he may not have starting rotation stuff (spring training etc wll tell) but out of the bullpen he will soak up a valuable 150 innings for this team; he will be a change of pace guy in a rotation if he does have enough left - that will set up other pitchers. He knows how to win. I'll take RA at $12M rather than run around trying to deploy his money on some other "rehab promising arm" or "unknown".

Consistency in the club house will probably add to this teams desire to go deeper.

Hell I might even ask Burhle if he wants to come back as a "pitching coach" trainee... :)

Price.

I just dont know. Maybe we do have to go out and get a couple other guys to replace him... its really tough to predicts.

I "think" the Jays have a shot to resign. You dont seem to think so but I do. Perhaps I am a bit naive....

I think the Cubs are really the "big competition" given the GM that drafted him and groomed him is there.

I don"t think he will sign with the Dogers to be "one of the big three". He wants to be the Ace.. not Grinke's understudy... or Ace 1.2

He has been an AL and AL east pitcher for a lot of years. I think that if the choice between Yankeee, Red Sox, Jays and the money is the same he will take the Jays if the money is the same.

If I were Shapiro / AA I think I might offer him a 4 year deal with 3 consecutive player option years.

I mean the deal is that the Jays control Russ Martin, Tulo, Donaldson, Goans, Pillar, Smolk, Coballo, Stro, Sanchez, Osuna through 2020. All these guys have contracts and some have arbitration rights during... but bottom line is the core line up is good till about 2020.

So David ~ take 4 years guaranteed; if your not happy going into 2021 - opt out - your choice.

If his arm isnt so great in 2021 ~ we have a huge contract admittedly; but some team will take him on 3 or 2 option years left to make their run to the world series.

Last edited by Jballer : 10-28-2015 at 07:44 AM.
Jballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 07:07 AM   #64
BRabbiT

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.Davidi
Alex Anthopoulos Rejects Contract Extension

TORONTO – AA is leaving Toronto less than a week after the AL East champions were eliminated from the post-season, rejecting an extension to remain as GM, according to multiple sources.

The stunning & franchise-altering departure comes with the looming arrival of Mark Shapiro, who was hired Aug. 31 & is scheduled to take the reins as president & CEO from Paul Beeston on Monday.

While details are unclear at the moment, the issues leading to the split aren’t thought to be financial.

The two sides had plenty of time to work out an extension & what should have been straightforward became complicated....
Quote:
The departure of Anthopoulos also raises questions about the fate of his top front office lieutenants, including longtime assistant GM Tony LaCava, as well as manager John Gibbons, who is under contract through 2016. Gibbons will have 2017 guaranteed & a club option for 2018 added if he makes it to Jan. 1.

Toronto was 489-483 under Anthopoulos, who replaced J.P. Ricciardi on the penultimate day of the 2009 season, posting 3 4th-place finishes in the AL East, a 5th-place finish & a 3rd-place finish before winning the division at 93-69 this year.

His signature move is likely to be the acquisition of Donaldson last off-season from Oakland for Lawrie, Graveman, Nolin & Barreto, but he also pulled off perhaps the greatest trade deadline ever when he acquired Tulowitzki, Price, Revere, Lowe & Hawkins in the span of 4 days while staying within his allotted payroll....

Players either drafted or signed as international free agents under AA's watch on the current roster include Stroman, Sanchez, Osuna, Pillar & Pompey, while Syndergaard, Nicolino, Hechavarria, DeSclafani, Norris, Hoffman, Boyd, Graveman & Nolin were among the prospects used in trades.

dumb move.

this was clearly a corporate decision, & will hurt the ball club, imo.

no fukcing loyalty. smfh.
BRabbiT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 07:54 PM   #65
Zan Tabak
Only the finest

Why can't we have good things?....
Zan Tabak is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: