Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: The Saga Of Greek Cup Final 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Nash
    Bunch of malakas. But the atmosphere is those games is so awesome.
    Players from both teams got injured by fans. It's going too far.

#Dre Day in Sac Town andremiller07's Avatar

So basically the fans don't even come to watch the sport anymore rather they come to revisit hostilities with people who they probably don't know based on the fact they support someone different from the same city. Which they get nothing out of, nothing constructive other than a bit of a adrenline rush which they could get by simply watching a good game of basketball. All while risking getting serious injury by potenitally losing an eye or something even worse.

Makes sense...........
    Last edited by andremiller07; 02-11-2013 at 10:42 AM.

I feel devotion Fiba basketball's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Euroleague
    That's the proper thing to do in such situations. For the refs to stop the game. What happened in Athens was an absolute disgrace, with the refs allowing all of that to happen and still playing the game.
    Game was stopped because Red Star wanted to not because refs wanted to , Vujosevic wanted the game to be continued and that's why he went to argue and Red Star fans stared throwing thing at him .

Last year in game 4 of the Serbian league finals game was played in Zeleznik and there weren't any conditions for game to be played but refs didn't stoped it .
    Red Star fans so close to the court that they were spitting on Partizan coach , they hit Milosavljevic in the head with the ball , climbed on basket and they even hit their own head coach Pesic in the head with the bottle that was ment for Partzian players .

In basketball thing like that can only happen in Serbia or Greece

Quote Originally Posted by AirTupac
    Typical thugs / classless people. How do they expect to pay for those damages? Greece can barely afford water at this point.
    They won't be worried about it. 3 years ago the same thing happened, only at Olympiacos' arena and during the Greek League finals.

The fans ripped out chairs and threw them on the court, set fires off in the stands, burned down a concession area, burned down a restaurant, AND they took sledgehammers to marble in many places of the arena and ruined it and threw the pieces of marble on the court.....

AND they ripped toilets and sinks out of the bathroom and kitchen areas and threw them on the court..............

The fans didn't have to pay for damages. Instead the owners of Olympiacos were made to pay it. It was something like €8.5 million euros.

So the fans are not worried about having to pay for this, using that previous incident as an example. But at least when that happened before, the refs stopped the game and series. They didn't let it continue and escalate.

Letting this continue in this game and escalate to players being injured is just too much.

Learning to shoot layups Partizan's Avatar

Typical thugs / classless people. How do they expect to pay for those damages? Greece can barely afford water at this point.

Well, I know you were joking but social and economic situation in the county has a lot to do with these events, people feel the need to express their discontent somewhere...

It's a shame that sport is becoming a hostage of organized fan groups...

Why are these fans so scum-like? It's 2013. These are the same fans who'll shout racial slurs at players and make monkey sounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiba basketball
    Game was stopped because Red Star wanted to not because refs wanted to , Vujosevic wanted the game to be continued and that's why he went to argue and Red Star fans stared throwing thing at him .

Last year in game 4 of the Serbian league finals game was played in Zeleznik and there weren't any conditions for game to be played but refs didn't stoped it .
    Red Star fans so close to the court that they were spitting on Partizan coach , they hit Milosavljevic in the head with the ball , climbed on basket and they even hit their own head coach Pesic in the head with the bottle that was ment for Partzian players .

In basketball thing like that can only happen in Serbia or Greece
    Well, Bartzokas said in the post game interview that he asked the game to be stopped after Hines got hurt and the refs told him, "we didn't see anyone get hurt".

And because of that, then Bramos got hurt also. So the refs in Serbia are at least acting better.

But yes, Serbia and Greece hooligan incidents are getting out of control. Cyprus has a huge problem with it too.

#Dre Day in Sac Town andremiller07's Avatar

Why are these fans so scum-like? It's 2013. These are the same fans who'll shout racial slurs at players and make monkey sounds.
    People with low self-esteem, they got nothing constructive to live for so guess what they become destructive and instead of trying to build something positive they rather turn it to shit so they have nothing or have no hope of having anything.

Those people didn't do anything with their life and they think that their frustration will go away if they isult and beat up everyone that isn't a fan of their team .

Actually, the fans didn't make any slurs in this game. It was actually the coach of Panathinaikos that is accused of making a slur to a player.
    Last edited by Euroleague; 02-11-2013 at 11:20 AM.

Learning to shoot layups Partizan's Avatar

It's really complex... I don't support those fans and I think people who organise and spark this kind of violence are a minority of club's fans but they are the one that make all the decisions.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxAPggIvK2I

This is just a small of example of what kind of atmosphere they can create, they are an important part of club's success...

Problems are much deeper than just classifying all fans as scumbags.

Many fan groups in Europe (Balkans), are also invested in crime, leaders of those groups profit in various ways and use the sport as a mask for their activities, they don't actually care for anything that happens on the court.

Quote Originally Posted by Euroleague
    Well, Bartzokas said in the post game interview that he asked the game to be stopped after Hines got hurt and the refs told him, "we didn't see anyone get hurt".

And because of that, then Bramos got hurt also. So the refs in Serbia are at least acting better.

But yes, Serbia and Greece hooligan incidents are getting out of control. Cyprus has a huge problem with it too.
    Problem is that no one will be arested for things like this and it will happen again . This is the 3rd time this season that I wached where police needed to make the fans leave , things like that are becoming normal now and that isn't good .

I guess starving hooligans are worse than hooligans

Quote Originally Posted by Blue&Orange
    Greek fans were probably trying to eat the chairs.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue&Orange
    These people are not starving. Get serious. The only people that could get tickets are ones that have money. They only allowed 2,000 tickets total to clubs with fan bases of well over 3 million each.

Only people that could pay a lot for a ticket got in there.