Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 01-25-2015, 01:49 PM   #6346
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: MMA Discussion/News thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBoss
salty and insecure

After he beats Rumble he's officially cleaned out the light heavy weight division.
just tellin it how it be, brudda.

never cared for cheaters.
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 02:07 PM   #6347
Nastradamus
National High School Star

Nastradamus is considered somewhat coolNastradamus is considered somewhat coolNastradamus is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by andremiller07
Still can't believe Rumble fought at 170, could Rumble pull a Robbie Lawlor and be that KO artist who switches weight classes and wins a title after no one ever thought after he left the UFC he would be anything?

Truly amazing in fighting how the fortunes of a fighter can somehow just swing so dramatically from guys like Robbie to Matt Brown to now Rumble that to me is one of the most interesting aspects of the sport.

Props to AJ, Gus is a beast and he just went in there and shat on him. I think it's time for Dan Henderson to hang em up as well he's going to end like Chuck did with what Rashad did to him, Hendo is probably even easier to hit as well at this point, dude can't take hits anymore it's a miracle he lasted this long with all the savage punishment he's taken. If Hendo does not have brain damage/some serious physical and mental issues in the next decade I will be shocked.

Might be true about Hendo, but that was a ridiculous stoppage
Nastradamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 02:30 PM   #6348
BigBoss
Come at me Mods

BigBoss has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBigBoss has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBigBoss has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBigBoss has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBigBoss has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBigBoss has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigantes
just tellin it how it be, brudda.

never cared for cheaters.

Then why are you a Lebron fan?
BigBoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 02:32 PM   #6349
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Then why are you a Lebron fan?
who says i am...?

but no, i didn't hear anything about that. is he a juicer too?
Old 01-25-2015, 03:03 PM   #6350
BigBoss
Come at me Mods

BigBoss has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBigBoss has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBigBoss has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBigBoss has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBigBoss has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBigBoss has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
who says i am...?

but no, i didn't hear anything about that. is he a juicer too?

Why are you in denial? Did you or did you not say Lebron was better then MJ?

Last edited by BigBoss : 01-25-2015 at 03:12 PM.
Old 01-25-2015, 03:12 PM   #6351
gigantes
A piece of fluff

Quote:
Why are you in denial? LOLz.

Whose alt is this guy?
the f-ck are you babbling about, moron?

i'm a nets fan. i retired from being a mod in the nets forum a couple years ago. i lived most of my life in philly. now that kidd's retired, duncan is prolly my favorite player. lebron is not even close. suggestion to get your shit straight next time.

EDIT: i highly doubt i ever said lebron was better than jordan. jordan and wilt are the two best players in history IMO.

Last edited by gigantes : 01-25-2015 at 03:15 PM.
Old 01-25-2015, 04:24 PM   #6352
BigBoss
Come at me Mods

Quote:
the f-ck are you babbling about, moron?

i'm a nets fan. i retired from being a mod in the nets forum a couple years ago. i lived most of my life in philly. now that kidd's retired, duncan is prolly my favorite player. lebron is not even close. suggestion to get your shit straight next time.

EDIT: i highly doubt i ever said lebron was better than jordan. jordan and wilt are the two best players in history IMO.

Insecure.
Old 01-25-2015, 05:08 PM   #6353
DMV2
Get it while it's good

DMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
my dreams have never been crushed by jones. without his steroids, eye pokes and dirty fighting he loses to gusty, cormier, rumble and maybe machida, belfort and some others.

he's like that a-hole in the sports car ahead of you, cutting people off and driving recklessly. sooner or later he'll crash or get pulled over and then other people will have chance to cruise the fast lane.
You are the definition of a butthurt hater. There are no support or substance in your claim. You say something like that to Dana White, he'll laugh at your face and kick you out of the building. That's some crazy man talk.

Everybody and their grandma knows that Jones didn't drop a sweat kicking those dudes asses...with the exception to Gus. Like everybody else, I wanted that rematch too but the boy choked and loss in his hometown.

Try to be less of an obvious hater. Be subtle, be deceptive, be latent.
DMV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 05:25 PM   #6354
blacknapalm
spider 2 y banana

blacknapalm is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterblacknapalm is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterblacknapalm is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterblacknapalm is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterblacknapalm is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterblacknapalm is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterblacknapalm is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterblacknapalm is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterblacknapalm is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterblacknapalm is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

rumble has a real legit shot to beat jones. he cut the cage off vs. gus and he has power in both hands, not like he's just waiting on an h-bomb. also can counter punch and jones has shown that you can get your hands on him
blacknapalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 07:13 PM   #6355
BigBoss
Come at me Mods

Gigantes is getting killed like Gus

Old 01-26-2015, 10:00 AM   #6356
gigantes
A piece of fluff

finally watched the gusty - rumble fight. i was really impressed with how well rumble advanced and cut off the ring with his slick lateral movement. he immediately took away gusty's length advantage and many of his options. that left gus trying to win a fight in the comfort zone of the most powerful fighter at 205... and one of the quickest to boot. only thing that sucks is how much damage the ref let gusty take on the ground. guy just had his career shortened by being too tough for his own good.

i watched the postfight interview between rogan and amirkhani and didn't think it was as bad as so many ppl are complaining about. yeah, rogan was being silly with his "i know lots of ppl thought the fight was stopped early" remark, but it's a common critique in the game and the finnish guy just brushed it off anyway. if joe had rambled on and on like a drunken sarah palin, then i could see the problem, but the whole thing was over pretty quick.

they need to get hendo out of the octagon and in to a suit or something. geez, this is getting bad.
Old 01-26-2015, 01:54 PM   #6357
AlphaWolf24
Bringer of Rain

AlphaWolf24 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

I really hope Henderson retires.....

he looked very bad in his last 2 fights....( I know he KO'd Shogun but he still got mopped up for most of the fight)

dude is a legend....retire with Brain functioning...

side note..

Dan henderson's dad used to be my Jr. High PE coach in Victorville ca.....

Mr. Henderson = Prison swole scary old man who talks like Gunny Highway in "Heart break ridge" movie....
AlphaWolf24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 01:51 PM   #6358
gigantes
A piece of fluff

rewatching the jones - DC fight.

R1: as much shit as i give jones for a variety of reasons, i have to say that he came out just magnificently. all his speed, variety of attacks and laser focus made cormier a little bewildered and prevented him from really getting going until the last minute. this is exactly what was needed, because if he had come out flat, DC would have swarmed him like he's done with so many others. end of the round, looking at their faces, you could see both men grudgingly respecting the others' ability. still jones rather smoothly takes this, the most active and brutal round of the fight.

R2: jones starting to slow down a little, and DC goes to work... gets some good shots in and takes the round. only problem-- you can see how much energy and toughness it takes to win points against the champ.

R3: both men slowing down a lot... both busted up a bit... just picking their shots now. now DC gets poked in the eye. they resume, jones getting his second wind... DC struggling to keep the pace. very close round, so i'll call it a toss up.

R4: not much activity until jones gets a pair of takedowns and does a little damage with the second one. DC looking very gassed at this point. a lot of clinching for the rest of the round, but jones with more of the real blows. at this point some fightmetric has the blows even, but no question in my mind jones won the round and is winning the fight.

R5: both men exhausted... pretty much just clinching all round, but jones sneaks in a couple extra shots to take the round. DC lands a heroic takedown, but it amounts to nothing.

TAKEAWAYS-- i have to admit jones is truly a damn impressive fighter. he has the size, the length, the strength, the explosiveness, the relentless killer attitude, the creativity, and that huge arsenal of neverending attacks that constantly throw the other guy off balance. i think DC, just like rashad and rampage before him, underestimated what an enormous task it is take on that full package. they simply hadn't seen it before and probably assumed it was a bit more flash than substance. whoops?

by the same token, jones has shown that he can get badly outpointed in a round (machida), have his big toe gruesomely snap (sonnen), his arm almost wrenched out of its socket (belfort), his face and legs all busted up (gustafsson), and his energy badly drained (cormier)... but still never give up, never stop being explosive, never give the other guy a chance to capitalise.

people like me are going to have to realise that sometimes the most gifted and the greatest (like tyson and mayweather for example) are also the most human, full of rough edges. challenge accepted: to never let that get in the way of appreciating their talent and uniqueness.
Old Yesterday, 12:19 AM   #6359
BigBoss
Come at me Mods

Quote:
rewatching the jones - DC fight.

R1: as much shit as i give jones for a variety of reasons, i have to say that he came out just magnificently. all his speed, variety of attacks and laser focus made cormier a little bewildered and prevented him from really getting going until the last minute. this is exactly what was needed, because if he had come out flat, DC would have swarmed him like he's done with so many others. end of the round, looking at their faces, you could see both men grudgingly respecting the others' ability. still jones rather smoothly takes this, the most active and brutal round of the fight.

R2: jones starting to slow down a little, and DC goes to work... gets some good shots in and takes the round. only problem-- you can see how much energy and toughness it takes to win points against the champ.

R3: both men slowing down a lot... both busted up a bit... just picking their shots now. now DC gets poked in the eye. they resume, jones getting his second wind... DC struggling to keep the pace. very close round, so i'll call it a toss up.

R4: not much activity until jones gets a pair of takedowns and does a little damage with the second one. DC looking very gassed at this point. a lot of clinching for the rest of the round, but jones with more of the real blows. at this point some fightmetric has the blows even, but no question in my mind jones won the round and is winning the fight.

R5: both men exhausted... pretty much just clinching all round, but jones sneaks in a couple extra shots to take the round. DC lands a heroic takedown, but it amounts to nothing.

TAKEAWAYS-- i have to admit jones is truly a damn impressive fighter. he has the size, the length, the strength, the explosiveness, the relentless killer attitude, the creativity, and that huge arsenal of neverending attacks that constantly throw the other guy off balance. i think DC, just like rashad and rampage before him, underestimated what an enormous task it is take on that full package. they simply hadn't seen it before and probably assumed it was a bit more flash than substance. whoops?

by the same token, jones has shown that he can get badly outpointed in a round (machida), have his big toe gruesomely snap (sonnen), his arm almost wrenched out of its socket (belfort), his face and legs all busted up (gustafsson), and his energy badly drained (cormier)... but still never give up, never stop being explosive, never give the other guy a chance to capitalise.

people like me are going to have to realise that sometimes the most gifted and the greatest (like tyson and mayweather for example) are also the most human, full of rough edges. challenge accepted: to never let that get in the way of appreciating their talent and uniqueness.

MELTDOWN
Old Yesterday, 07:58 AM   #6360
gigantes
A piece of fluff

Quote:
MELTDOWN
when all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: