Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Trading Tyson Chandler Can Bring NY a Championship

john wall and beal for chandler, felton, shumpert. DO IT

National High School Star NewYorkNoPicks's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolball#52
    The threads not about trade ideas i thought of in 15 seconds that may be highly unlikely. Chandler does have a very high value around the league however.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

It's funny how the Knicks and their fans think they have any chance of reaching a finals during the remainder of the Carmelo and Amare twin-tower-contracts era.

Even if those guys weren't vastly overpaid, you would not be able to put a team around those two that would beat the team built around the three in Miami. But the fact that those two take up so much cap space, makes it kinda funny that some fans think Tyson Chandler is what holds them back.

All you can really do is point and laugh at these people. There was a thread a few days ago pretending the knicks could skip miami and asked about how many teams in the west the knicks could beat in the finals and get a chip. LMAO. There was a thread today bragging that Ray Felton is better than Lin and 40 years old Steve Nash. Which is BARELY true and nothing to brag about. But these Knicks fans, I tell ya. So desperate for SOMETHING to brag about. They've become the most delusional group of fans in the game.

The Knicks will not sniff a finals during the next 5 years, provided Lebron stays in the East. They may as well have a fire sale now and stock up on high draft picks, try and build a team that will reach its prime once Lebron is satisfied with his career and ready to hang it up. They literally have no chance in the meantime. Not because a team couldn't theoretically be assembled that could beat the Heat in a given year or two. It's just that that team aint gonna be the Carmelo Anthony knicks

You do realize that Chandler makes like 15 million a year..right? He does hold them back in terms of the cap.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by NewYorkNoPicks
    The threads not about trade ideas i thought of in 15 seconds that may be highly unlikely. Chandler does have a very high value around the league however.
    Not sure about the Clippers deal, I do think if Paul re-signs there then they would do the deal.

But really, DJ? He is an okay shot blockers but not a really great overall defender and having JR and Bledsoe on the same team wouldn't be a good fit.

Quote Originally Posted by SevereUpInHere
    InB4 elgringos Bargs for Chandler.

Side note: This OldSkool guy has got to be one of the worst of the Apr 2013 batch. Oh, you're a Heat fan who just hates on other teams because nobody can say anything about Miami, how interesting and original

OldSkoolball#52 = sikktheschocker

what a pathetic loser.

It's funny how the Knicks and their fans think they have any chance of reaching a finals during the remainder of the Carmelo and Amare twin-tower-contracts era.

Even if those guys weren't vastly overpaid, you would not be able to put a team around those two that would beat the team built around the three in Miami. But the fact that those two take up so much cap space, makes it kinda funny that some fans think Tyson Chandler is what holds them back.

All you can really do is point and laugh at these people. There was a thread a few days ago pretending the knicks could skip miami and asked about how many teams in the west the knicks could beat in the finals and get a chip. LMAO. There was a thread today bragging that Ray Felton is better than Lin and 40 years old Steve Nash. Which is BARELY true and nothing to brag about. But these Knicks fans, I tell ya. So desperate for SOMETHING to brag about. They've become the most delusional group of fans in the game.

The Knicks will not sniff a finals during the next 5 years, provided Lebron stays in the East. They may as well have a fire sale now and stock up on high draft picks, try and build a team that will reach its prime once Lebron is satisfied with his career and ready to hang it up. They literally have no chance in the meantime. Not because a team couldn't theoretically be assembled that could beat the Heat in a given year or two. It's just that that team aint gonna be the Carmelo Anthony knicks

yeahhhhhh u mad

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Chandler is vastly important to the Knicks' identity as a strong defensive team. He's their second-best player and if they lost him the defensive frontline would have to be completely rebuilt. Camby, and Thomas can't be counted on in the future at all while Martin only has one or two more years. And the guy they get back, Aldridge, would not be a good fit with STAT and Melo already struggling to Mesh. You're throwing a scoring forward in with two other scoring forwards that have yet to gel. With no way to unload Stoudamire they'd have a lot of salary wasted. Even if you assume Portland would do this (not at all a given) it's a deal that may downgrade the D even more than the offensive improvement. This doesn't put NY in Miami's class at all.

Our team immediately got a lot better when we picked up Tyson Chandler. Watching this squad before and after his arrival is like watching 2 different teams. I get pissed as **** when Tyson doesn't grab rebounds and volleys them out and turns it over on offense but overall that dude is A BOSS

Quote Originally Posted by dbk123
    john wall and beal for chandler, felton, shumpert. DO IT
    Wall is not leaving.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowIX
    Wall is not leaving.
    For that package I'd agree with you. Him becoming a star is Washington's hope.

High School Varsity 6th Man NBAller's Avatar

I agree with Real Men Wear Green.

I don't agree with his username though, haha.

I don't think Tyson's holding the team back at all. The difference between Miami and NY besides the obvious is the quality of the role players. Get better role players that will click with Melo. Probably have to get rid of Amare to do so, but it may be worth it. At least that's who I think should be traded to get it done, cause Melo will bring you offense, Tyson will provide the defense. That being said ...oh I just remembered y'all have Kenyon now, so F amare.

perhaps a pointguard that can create shots for players like rubio will do the trick.

rubio
    jr
    melo
    kenyon
    chandler

now that's nasty.

but Houston should be everyones first option.
    Last edited by NBAller; 04-30-2013 at 07:47 AM.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
    Aldridge, would not be a good fit with STAT and Melo already struggling to Mesh. You're throwing a scoring forward in with two other scoring forwards that have yet to gel. With no way to unload Stoudamire they'd have a lot of salary wasted. Even if you assume Portland would do this (not at all a given)
    Not a given? Portland would laugh in their faces.

Mark Cuban apparently thought the same thing. We know how that turned out.

Portland is not giving us Aldridge for Chandler. That's ridiculous. And he's an offensive guy. We get rid of the guy who gave us a defensive identity and is out best defensive player to go get another offensive player (who we couldn't get anyway).

In the midst of our first (what looks like) decent playoff run in forever the thought that comes to your mind is breaking up our team?