Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

Default Re: Why are Knicks Fans So Cocky?

Quote Originally Posted by Burgz V2
    The Leafs have 13 championships in franchise history and have had some of the best teams to never win it all. They are comparable franchises (Knicks and Leafs) when it comes to success-championship ratio in the last 40 years (high winning percentage, little playoff success), but at least they have a great history that their franchise is based on.

And Leafs fans are not cocky. They are some of the most pessimistic fans in all of pro sports. They are absolutely brutal. If anything it's a perception of Toronto more generally, other Canadians don't like Toronto and it goes back to the 19th century. Our nickname is Hog-Town for godssake
    Pretty much.

I've honestly never met a Leaf fan that was positive about the future of this franchise. They do go over the top vs team like Ottawa and Montreal.

Quote Originally Posted by fpliii
    Opening Pandora's Box, both the Knicks and Nets have two titles each, when the leagues were split.
    This is true, too.

I accept what the Knicks are: a middle of the pack (or lower honestly) franchise that has been laughably terrible up until the last few years for a very long time, but what do you want me to do when we win? Say "Well we won, but we're a shit franchise that only has two titles in over 40 years. Haha Knicks suck." I'm a fan. Seriously answer that question, how should I act?

Quote Originally Posted by MetsPackers
    I accept what the Knicks are: a middle of the pack (or lower honestly) franchise that has been laughably terrible up until the last few years for a very long time, but what do you want me to do when we win? Say "Well we won, but we're a shit franchise that only has two titles in over 40 years. Haha Knicks suck." I'm a fan. Seriously answer that question, how should I act?
    No, not at all. Be happy when you win.

The only problem with Knicks fans is how they troll when people are doing nothing more than having objective conversations. If a Heat fan and a Clipper fans are talking and they say they don't think the Knicks are a real contender or that Melo is an elite player, you'll inevitably having Knicks fans trolling with "why you mad" and "you butt hurt" comments. That's fine if Lakers fans do that. People are butt hurt about the Lakers success. Nobody is mad or butt hurt about the Knicks. You don't see Pacers fans constantly accusing people of being butt hurt or mad.