Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Default Re: the NFL brings in more money than World Soccer

Quote Originally Posted by -primetime-
    lol...there are plenty of poor people in Europe....give it up

it proved there are more unemployed "poor" areas in Europe than in the US

and the NFL isn't the top sport, but it is the top sport's league in the world.

combining all the soccer leagues in the world vs. the NFL isn't very fair....I didn't include college football and college football makes an ass load of money.....there are arena league football teams worth more than alot of soccer clubs.
    1. nope...

2. Once again, quit making statements like these with no back-up.

Of course there are plenty poor people in europe just like there are plenty poor people in the USA.

Wealthy people do exist in Europe however they still dont play football. That's where your logic is flawed.

-primetime-
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by Hawker
    1. nope...
    name "one" single soccer league worth more please...it seems that you are now the one talking out of your ass
    2. Once again, quit making statements like these with no back-up.
    are you saying that arena football teams are not worth as much as "any" soccer team?...do I really need to back that common sense statement up for you?....you are a jack ass....I said that there are poor areas in Europe and you asked me to back that up now you want me to compare arena footaball values to the lowest of soccer....give me a fu-ckin break....do I need to have scientific proof that the sky is blue for you?
    Wealthy people do exist in Europe however they still dont play football. That's where your logic is flawed.
    explain...

when did I say that all rich people play football?

-primetime-

here you go HawkSh[COLOR="Black"]i[/COLOR]t

[I]Recent growth suggests the AFL has made the right moves for some time now:

I usually hit open layups

ok...

Americans recieve "unemployment" and "welfare" money though...

hey, I am not trying to say that Euros are poor, the whole point was to point out that the US has more money than all of Europe so that should be an indicator as to why the NFL makes so much money when compared to soccer...that's all.
    and I was trying to point that, even if probably what you are saying is kinda true, it's quite strange to say a country is "rich" or not. US has probably more money, yep... but I was trying to help you notice that "more money" isn't necessarily "richer". I don't know if I was able too.

However, the comparison remains strange.. but it's another part of the discussion..

-primetime-

Quote Originally Posted by orfeomorfeo-ita
    and I was trying to point that, even if probably what you are saying is kinda true, it's quite strange to say a country is "rich" or not. US has probably more money, yep... but I was trying to help you notice that "more money" isn't necessarily "richer". I don't know if I was able too.

However, the comparison remains strange.. but it's another part of the discussion..
    I understand that....but when you do the math between population and unemployment rate you can see that Europe is definatly "poorer" than the US.

I can't say that one is richer than the other but I can say that there are more poverty stricken areas in Europe than in the U.S....does that make sense?

I usually hit open layups

I understand that....but when you do the math between population and unemployment rate you can see that Europe is definatly "poorer" than the US.

I can't say that one is richer than the other but I can say that there are more poverty stricken areas in Europe than in the U.S....does that make sense?
    a little more. Even if we should take consideration of many other things... first of all we should define "poor". And don't you think it's that easy :)
    Poor could be one who earns less than a certain amount every year. But it's an incomplete vision of the matter. You could divide that amount for a number, different in every country, because life has a different cost in every country, and a poor person in one place could , earning the same money, become a king in another (this is an important explanation in immigration phenomena)..The different cost in the countries is important. Try and imagine that it's important even INSIDE a country: in Italy, life cost is very different from north to south. A HS teacher has a statal contract, so he earns the same wages if he lives in Milan or Naples.. but what he can do with that money in those two cities is really different.
    And so it is in the US. Your wages are surely higher, for jobs of the same level, but you also spend much more to live. That's all the numbers you have to take in consideration.. food, house, school and hospital costs are very different from country to country.
    you could even have to add to the formula the fact that he who produces his own food doesn't "earn" anything but at the end of the year he's certainly a bit richer...

In the end, I think you're probably right, for the developement of tech and the availability of natural sources is so higher for US.. but you shouldn't underestimate how poor are the US poors. in Europe they usually says that we may have more poor people, but each of them is less poor than an american one. I don't know if it's completely right, but it does have a point.

Have you seen "the pursuit of happiness", an american movie directed by an italian?
    Last edited by orfeomorfeo-ita; 08-26-2007 at 08:37 PM.

Saw a basketball once

I said that part of the reason the the NFL makes so much in comparison to euro soccer is because the US has more money and there are so many poor areas in Europe...

Hawker said "prove it"....so I did

Europe has more than twice the population of the United States and the US has more money and a lower unemployment rate...8.8% compared to 4.4% are unemployed...
    I don't know what numbers you use, but the EU has 493 milion inhabitants compared to the 300 million in the USA. Both 'unions' have roughly the same money, despite the fact that such economical powers like Slowenien, Cyprus or Lithuania are part of the EU. On average an American has more money than a 'European', but the difference is not THAT much. You are right that the unemployment rate in the EU is significantly higher than in the USA, but you should remember that in the USA many people work for less money than, someone in Germany f.e. gets as welfare, when he is unemployed.

Also, the gap between the poor aand rich in the USA is much higher than in most of the EU, and really threatening the economy.
    Last edited by Pakalolo; 08-27-2007 at 09:08 AM.