Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I rule the local playground RobertSwift31's Avatar

Default Re: Lil Wayne is the best in the game

He is good when he tries to be, but most the time he raps about useless ****. That's why I can't wait to hear his feature on Little Brother's new CD out in September. I know he will come focused working with them.

As far as best in the game now go, I would say Jay, Lupe, Andre 3000, Eminem (Talent Wise), Common (Maybe), and I like Budden Too.

Serious playground baller ndPac's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hurlyburly
    Maybe the best in the game for the gutter rap/trash fans like Day La Ghetto.

Can't understand a single word this ignorant moron says. If I saw this piece of trash in the street I'd step on him. He's what's wrong with rap.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtvkaBKE9R4

Ummm. . . You obviously don't listen to anything but radio songs. . Lil Wayne is currently putting out the best mixtapes songs, flows, etc. right now by far. . Him and Game are the best out right now. . Like someone else posted he can flow to any beat, and can pretty much make a song about any subject matter and it will be good.

Da Bulls! Da Bears! DieHardBullsFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ndPac
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtvkaBKE9R4

Ummm. . . You obviously don't listen to anything but radio songs. . Lil Wayne is currently putting out the best mixtapes songs, flows, etc. right now by far. . Him and Game are the best out right now. . Like someone else posted he can flow to any beat, and can pretty much make a song about any subject matter and it will be good.

right now I agree with you, hes gotten better by ever album hes released...if you would of said this 5 years ago I would of laughed at you....

but seriously is saying hes the best rapper right now is not saying much...because there are not a lot of good ones out there...all of them are too commercial and talk about the same stuff.

what happened with eminem and I would pick Nas over Lil Wayne any day.

Good High School Starter

I think Common proved he is the best in the game right now. 10+ years putting out great albums, and now he has had the best album of 2005 and maybe 2007. Plus his album goes #1. The only album that I think might pass him is the new Talib Kweli, but I think that would be tough.

I do think if Eardrum is good though, Talib could have 2 of the top 5 albums of the year and be the rapper of the year.

And I don't understand why Nas said hip hop is dead. The Roots album from late last year was awsome, then the Talib and Madlib album was good, and now Common puts out another great album, Talib, Little Brother, Chamillionare, Lupe, Joe Budden, Raekwon, and Kanye are coming. This should be a good year for hip hop to me. Plus I think the Carter 3 is coming out. Eminem and Dr. Dre both have potential albums coming out at some point late this year/early next year. The new UGK album is supposed to be good as well.

Da Bulls! Da Bears! DieHardBullsFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by monthh
    I think Common proved he is the best in the game right now. 10+ years putting out great albums, and now he has had the best album of 2005 and maybe 2007. Plus his album goes #1. The only album that I think might pass him is the new Talib Kweli, but I think that would be tough.

I do think if Eardrum is good though, Talib could have 2 of the top 5 albums of the year and be the rapper of the year.

And I don't understand why Nas said hip hop is dead. The Roots album from late last year was awsome, then the Talib and Madlib album was good, and now Common puts out another great album, Talib, Little Brother, Chamillionare, Lupe, Joe Budden, Raekwon, and Kanye are coming. This should be a good year for hip hop to me. Plus I think the Carter 3 is coming out. Eminem and Dr. Dre both have potential albums coming out at some point late this year/early next year. The new UGK album is supposed to be good as well.
    I agree Lupe is awesome!! wasnt Dr. Dre going to release "D-Tox" (I think thats how you spell it Im off my spelling A game tonight) cuz he was talking about dropping that for a couple of years.....

I think "Tha Carter 3" is already out.....

National High School Star

Common is good but never really has the right beats that mesh with his lyrics for me or get me going.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by monthh

I think he said that because, as a whole, Hip-Hop was kinda failing. With the stupid-ass "snap music", to music that didn't make any sense, and "beats over lyrics". The people you listed are really good for the "game", but people like 50 cent,T- Pain, DJ UNK, ect.. are messing everything up. A lot of artists have become too commercial, and appealing only to pop music lovers . Common's album (in my book) is the only good one of 2007 so far.

Beyond that, R&B is REALLY hurting right now, more than any other. People like Neyo, Chris Brown, Beyonce, Ciara, and R. Kelly are really making the genre fall apart. That genre has gone TOO commercial. There are only a handful of active singers that are any good. (Tank, Kem*barely*,Joe, and even Robin Thicke).

Anyway, Record labels are the ones to blame. They promote useless crap, that they think will sell. They also won't sign new acts because they aren't part of a "trend". Beyond the perople you posted (which are quality artists BTW) the hip-hop industry needs to set their clocks back to the early 2000's, and look at what made tons of money for them, then.

then scratch all common tracks in this decade and just listen to one track:
    "i used to love h.e.r."
    whatever your rap style preference is, if you don't feel this, hang it up

Quote Originally Posted by DieHardBullsFan
    right now I agree with you, hes gotten better by ever album hes released...if you would of said this 5 years ago I would of laughed at you....

but seriously is saying hes the best rapper right now is not saying much...because there are not a lot of good ones out there...all of them are too commercial and talk about the same stuff.

Yea. I had lil waynes block is hot and after that i hated all that cash money stuff for a long time. . never started listening to him again until The Carter, and since then hes like a brand new artist to me. . i dont know what it is but everything he puts out is just been crazy lately. .
    Ya, I used to live Nas, but I didnt like his last album too much. . everytihng from illmatic to gods son is great though. . dont really like that he signed with def jam. that let there be light song off there was my favorite probably. .

and like Farr said, yea i was thinking that same thing there really isnt any real r&b anymore. . nothing even close to the new edition, k-ci & jojo, boyz II men, babyface, etc. sound. . now everythings like singing over rap and dance beats. .

When Nas said "hip hop is dead" he meant cuz yea theres no originality anymore and its alota the same snap music. . and companies like interscope are the powerhouse so majority of the people will only hear what they are paying people to advertize. . good to see another joe budden fan, hes one of the deepest and underated out. . check out this Budden track its one of my favs by him called "Whatever It Takes" for some reason it wasnt on youtube only a live version so whoever hasnt heard it should download it and check it. its off of clinton sparks cd, might be alittle hard to find but worth it. . . heres antoher good one:

"Unforgiven"
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=dxLOZjx6z7A

oh and check this one "when thugs cry" was my favorite song by him its kinda old off a mixtape before his 1st album:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=U2c7zhQgkTY

Tiger! Tiger!

I listen to all levels of hip-hop, and have been for almost 20 years. Anything from Cadence Weapon... to Jedi Mind Tricks... to Fat Joe... to Nelly. You name it, I've probably heard it.

Right now... Lil Wayne is the best in the game. Backpackers keep downplaying his talent. People need to wake up. His CMR counterparts are garbage, but Lil Wizzy is the future.

I'm getting tired of people saying Fat Joe is trash too. Fat Joe is probably the most underrated artist out there. Check the classic video below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CcXtidj3wGQ

Football In The Groin funkylikemonkey's Avatar

"I feel like dying" is so out there, but I love it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sV4G-kVHZA

"Play basketball with the moon, got the whole world at my feet."
    "Mingle with the stars, throw a party on mars."

Quote Originally Posted by Sagat
    I listen to all levels of hip-hop, and have been for almost 20 years. Anything from Cadence Weapon... to Jedi Mind Tricks... to Fat Joe... to Nelly. You name it, I've probably heard it.

Right now... Lil Wayne is the best in the game. Backpackers keep downplaying his talent. People need to wake up. His CMR counterparts are garbage, but Lil Wizzy is the future.

I'm getting tired of people saying Fat Joe is trash too. Fat Joe is probably the most underrated artist out there. Check the classic video below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CcXtidj3wGQ
    Yea im the same, I listen to just about every kind there is and everybody, dont like it all but am framiliar with most of it. . For some reason ive never really like Fat Joe at all though

Fat Joe's "Live My Fifestyle" Remix feat Jadakiss was sick though, i love Jadas verse in it and the beat too. . tried to find a youtube of it but it wasnt on there.

Learning to shoot layups Rocketz_Foreva's Avatar

I am the next weezy baby.

please say da baby.

Made that high school varsity squad IBLEEDGREEN43's Avatar

lil wayne absolutily kills everything he spits over.. literally.. and he isnt an album rapper at all, he is a mixtape legend.. best rapper alive, dedication 1 and 2, drought 3, like father like son mixtape, the prefix, suffix, they are all insane mixtapes..

wayne kills it.. every time..

Made that high school varsity squad IBLEEDGREEN43's Avatar

lil wayne absolutily kills everything he spits over.. literally.. and he isnt an album rapper at all, he is a mixtape legend.. best rapper alive, dedication 1 and 2, drought 3, like father like son mixtape, the prefix, suffix, they are all insane mixtapes..

wayne kills it.. every time..