Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: 2009 NBA Mock Draft

Quote Originally Posted by AtTheDriveIn
    Hey Lebron23, you've finally found another play whose dick you can ride. Good for you.

Anyway, on topic. It's way to early to even be setting up these kind of mocks. Rubio is 6'5 by the way, so your source is outdate, and he's almost a sure fire top 2 pick. You don't get touted as 'the best thing since Petrovic' and not go top 2. Also, he leads his league in SPG and only averages (last I heard) 17 minutes per game. Guy is going to be a lot better, and will go higher then the 4th pick.

I've never even heard of Earl Monroe. He'll probably drop to late first round by next year I'm guessing.
    Hey Ms. Atthedrivein Ricky Rubio is not 6'5 not 6'4 he is 6'3 because i have seen a picture of him standing with his teammate Rudy Fernandez who is only 6'4 3/4 ( NBA Pre Draft Measurement) their is no way he is taller than 6'3 maybe 6'3 1/4 in a good day.

Dominating Big men always rank higher in the NBA Draft beside Monroe is already 6'10 their is so many Europeans that are younger than Rubio and better than him if he was a star quality player if must at least play for 29 minutes in the Euro League.

You will just kiss the @ss of Greg Monroe when he gets the no.1 over all pick in 2009. Rubio might not even make it in the NBA maybe in 2010-2011 because he also has a buy out contract to his club like Fernandez.
    Last edited by Lebron23; 07-03-2007 at 05:19 AM.

My bad. Greg Monroe.

It's cool bro, I haven't heard of him before either

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    Hey Ms. Atthedrivein Ricky Rubio is not 6'5 not 6'4 he is 6'3 because i have seen a picture of him standing with his teammate Rudy Fernandez who is only 6'4 3/4 ( NBA Pre Draft Measurement) their is no way he is taller than 6'3 maybe 6'3 1/4 in a good day.

Dominating Big men always rank higher in the NBA Draft beside Monroe is already 6'10 their is so many Europeans that are younger than Rubio and better than him if he was a star quality player if must at least play for 29 minutes in the Euro League.

You will just kiss the @ss of Greg Monroe when he gets the no.1 over all pick in 2009. Rubio might not even make it in the NBA maybe in 2010-2011 because he also has a buy out contract to his club like Fernandez.
    Ricky plays behind veteran PGs, plus his coach and the club are trying to "protect" him. They don't want to ruin him. After all, he's still very young.
    If he wasn't a star quality player, he wouldn't lead the euroleague in steals in so few minutes, don't you think?
    Can you name "many Europeans that are younger than Rubio and better than him"?

Dominating Big men always rank higher in the NBA Draft beside Monroe is already 6'10 their is so many Europeans that are younger than Rubio and better than him if he was a star quality player if must at leasts play for 29 minutes in the Euro League.

You will just kiss the @ss of Greg Monroe when he get the no.1 over all pick in 2009. Rubio might not even make it in the NBA maybe in 2010-2011 because he also have a buy out contract to his club.
    Let's not turn this into a 'you're a liar' thing. Just talk basketball.

Anyway, from reports off ESPN and a couple other sites, it's said that he's 6'5 so i choose to believe that. Rudy Fernandez is 6'6 according to himself, so i choose to believe that too. So the logical thing would be that Rubio is shorter then Fernandez.

Rubio is one year of out high school man, he's young as ****. There aren't many players with the crazy skills this guy has. I mean he dominates, absolutley dominates on the National level. That's unheard of. He has a triple double game in the U17 championship or whatever, and now he's leading the Spanish League (tougher competition then the NCAA) in stealing whilst not even playing half the game. I've never even heard of this Monroe guy until now, and I doubt anyone who doesn't live in his area hasn't either. The NBADraft.net guys say some pretty lame things and predict players a little high. Hell, they had Chris Taft at number 2/3 a couple of years ago and where is he now?

It doesn't matter when Rubio comes into the league, the point is, he's IMO a better prospect then what Monroe apparently is according to your sources. So, no I wont be kissing anyones ass at the NBA Draft 2009.

Let's not turn this into a 'you're a liar' thing. Just talk basketball.

Anyway, from reports off ESPN and a couple other sites, it's said that he's 6'5 so i choose to believe that. Rudy Fernandez is 6'6 according to himself, so i choose to believe that too. So the logical thing would be that Rubio is shorter then Fernandez.

Rubio is one year of out high school man, he's young as ****. There aren't many players with the crazy skills this guy has. I mean he dominates, absolutley dominates on the National level. That's unheard of. He has a triple double game in the U17 championship or whatever, and now he's leading the Spanish League (tougher competition then the NCAA) in stealing whilst not even playing half the game. I've never even heard of this Monroe guy until now, and I doubt anyone who doesn't live in his area hasn't either. The NBADraft.net guys say some pretty lame things and predict players a little high. Hell, they had Chris Taft at number 2/3 a couple of years ago and where is he now?

It doesn't matter when Rubio comes into the league, the point is, he's IMO a better prospect then what Monroe apparently is according to your sources. So, no I wont be kissing anyones ass at the NBA Draft 2009.
    The Class of 2009 rank Greg Monroe and Tyreke Evans in the top of their draft class slightly ahead of no Jump Shoot Ricky Rubio.

By the way little fack here is the NBA Pre Draft measurement of Rudy Fernandez.

http://canadahoops.blogspot.com/2007...ents-2002.html

Rudy Fernandez

6' 4 3/4 ( With out Shoes) 6'6 ( with shoes.)

In response to Chains500 we all know Ricky Rubio is a great player but some little caucasian like Atthedrivein tried to overrated him. The Competition is good in Europe but definitely most NBA Scouts would select a 6'10 no.1 Juniors HS player in the 2009 NBA Draft. You cannot teach height and skills he is already owning some of the better prospect from the other country.

I do not care about your comment Atthedrivein you will always be a little piece of corn fart in my eyes.

Ricky is listed as 1,90 in the ACB site.

In response to Chains500 we all know Ricky Rubio is a great player but some little caucasian like Atthedrivein tried to overrated him. The Competition is good in Europe but definitely most NBA Scouts would select a 6'10 no.1 Juniors HS player in the 2009 NBA Draft. You cannot teach height and skills he is already owning some of the better prospect from the other country.
    I'm not sure about this, deserved or not, Ricky's got a lot of hype behind him.

Quote Originally Posted by chains5000
    Ricky is listed as 1,90 in the ACB site.

1.90 M= 190 Cms is 6'3

To Be exact it is 6'2 3/4
    Last edited by Lebron23; 07-03-2007 at 05:37 AM.

190 Cms is 6'3
    What's the cm difference between 6'3 and 6'4?

Quote Originally Posted by chains5000
    What's the cm difference between 6'3 and 6'4?

6'3 is 191 cms

6'4 is 193 cms.

6'5 is 196 cms.

6'6 is 198 cms.

6'7 is 201 cms

6' 8 is 204 cms.

The Class of 2009 rank Greg Monroe and Tyreke Evans in the top of their draft class slightly ahead of no Jump Shoot Ricky Rubio.

By the way little fack here is the NBA Pre Draft measurement of Rudy Fernandez.

I do not care about your comment Atthedrivein you will always be a little piece of corn fart in my eyes.
    If Rubio has no jumpshot, then he does pretty well to get the whole. Probably the best player in ages considering he's a pretty crazy scorer.

Whose trying to overrate who? Ask anybody. No one has heard of Monroe and the first thing you said about him was 'he's the next millionaire' in the NBA, which obviously, if you know about salary cap and contracts, isn't true.

Some teams in Europe (Real Madrid for instances) could challenge a couple NBA teams by the way. Could the same be said about any HS teams?

Talk basketball and stop insulting me when I've done **** you. Stop crying because I'm right and you're not.

6'3 is 191 cms

6'4 is 193 cms.

6'5 is 196 cms.

6'6 is 198 cms.

6'7 is 201 cms

6' 8 is 204 cms.
    2 cms are nothing... not all sites report if players wear shoes when measured, so it's normal to find differences between them

Some teams in Europe (Real Madrid for instances) could challenge a couple NBA teams by the way. Could the same be said about any HS teams?
    Under NBA rules, they (Madrid) can't.
    Their big men are too slow. Felipe Reyes wouldn't be half as good.

If Rubio has no jumpshot, then he does pretty well to get the whole. Probably the best player in ages considering he's a pretty crazy scorer.

Whose trying to overrate who? Ask anybody. No one has heard of Monroe and the first thing you said about him was 'he's the next millionaire' in the NBA, which obviously, if you know about salary cap and contracts, isn't true.

Talk basketball and stop insulting me when I've done **** you. Stop crying because I'm right and you're not.

When i said the next Millionaire i am talking about the lottery pick in their draft class because they will earn some huge contract, endorsements and some national attention. That is why when your an NBA Player like them you have one of the biggest earnings compare to other people who work 5 days a week.

When i said the next Millionaire i am talking about the lottery pick in their draft class because they will earn some huge contract, endorsements and some national attention. That is why when your an NBA Player like them you have one of the biggest earnings compare to other people who work 5 days a week.
    Okay, that's fair enough. Explain to me this though --

Why would a team take a guy from high school whose put up some pretty common stats and who probably will lose draft stock in a couple seasons over a guy whose virutally the same age and is playing in a much tougher league and is a leading defensive player?