Banned

Default Russell WILL avg a triple double, but what if the Thunder improve their record?

Say they win 60 games this year

Default Re: Russell WILL avg a triple double, but what if the Thunder improve their record?

MVP

too bad it won't happen

Very good NBA starter Orlando Magic's Avatar

Default Re: Russell WILL avg a triple double, but what if the Thunder improve their record?

They won't sniff 60 but if they can eek out 50... MVP is his to lose.

Quote Originally Posted by Orlando Magic
    They won't sniff 60 but if they can eek out 50... MVP is his to lose.
    That's only 5 less wins than they had last year. KD is worth more than 5 wins.

Quote Originally Posted by imdaman99
    That's only 5 less wins than they had last year. KD is worth more than 5 wins.
    Warriors should be a lock for >78 then, right?

Quote Originally Posted by MrFonzworth
    Warriors should be a lock for >78 then, right?
    I hate KD and am a Russ guy They did underachieve a lot last year with their record, blew a lot of 4th quarter leads.

It's a chemistry thing in Golden State. They will likely win less than 73 this year, are you ready to say he's a net negative?

Quote Originally Posted by imdaman99
    I hate KD and am a Russ guy They did underachieve a lot last year with their record, blew a lot of 4th quarter leads.

It's a chemistry thing in Golden State. They will likely win less than 73 this year, are you ready to say he's a net negative?
    Just saying there's some grey area. Just because he leaves doesn't necessarily mean they can't reach 50.

National High School Star

OKC have beaten three lottery teams. Let's not get ahead of ourselves.

But if they get 50 wins, even high 40s, I don't see how Westbrook can not be awarded the MVP, given that he's probably going to lead the league in scoring and assists and be top 10 in rebounds.

he's already proving to the world that he's a better player than Durant.

Banned

Anything is possible right now, OKC will beat quality teams.

So.

What if.

OKC has better chemisty than most other teams in the West

Russ does more unimaginable things like a 20-20-20 night

and they win more than the 55 games they won last year

its not far from possible

we all know Warriors wont win more than 73 games so

couple that with the scenario that Russ captures MVP en route to a statistically historic season while leading the Thunder to a better record

Not airballing my layups anymore

Whatever nets OKC a 5 seed or higher. Anything lower than that and I don't think he wins MVP.

If they somehow get to 50 wins, given the overall composition of that roster, and he puts up some absurb triple-double statline.... it 'should' go to him. I don't think Lebron is going to go all out for the award, nor does he need to, because the Cavs are good enough for him to pace himself through the year, plus he knows he'd not being defined by MVP awards at this point as much as FMVPs. KD and Curry cancel each other, AD will post huge numbers but I don't think NO will get enough wins, nor will Harden. So it's plausible, though the Spurs are probably good for 60+ so Kawhi is going to factor in somewhere. May depend on voter logic( well it usually does) but as of now Russell came out looking like the 'good guy' in the breakup with Durant, so between that, a crazy statline, and at minimum 50 wins, he just may do it. That's going to be the narrative for the award this year.

Back to Business

Quote Originally Posted by doinitbig06
    Say they win 60 games this year
    60 games? lmao.....they not even winning 45.smh.....eventually teams re gonna let westbrook just have his way...as long as his teammates don't go off. I wont be surpriisedif westbrook has a few 60 plus point games this year....in losing efforts.....and when i say a few I'm talking maybe 5.