Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 411121314151617 LastLast

Default Re: #11 NBA Player Of All-Time According to InsideHoops

Quote Originally Posted by Clifton
    gosh, speaking of distractions, Kews1... is that anyone famous that I need to spend the next 4 hours googling?
    just your regular run of the mill meme girl

I see.

Well, she's very attractive.

What were we talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    Fair enough...

Why? I thought i explained that thousand times... because Lebron was a runner up (and ended up top 5 actually 3 years in a row) and because hypothetically Oscar/West would have not been runner ups or won the DPOY even if it did exist during their time, especially not Oscar...

Has nothing to do with agenda, i just showed you what a player has and what a player doesnt have... but ok, forget about DPOY and POTM (which is not significant compared MVP, FMVP, Championship anyways)

I am perfectly aware of that, but others here apparently need my help.... if everybody were fully aware of Lebrons, Wests, Oscars, Moses accomplishments and compared it all to eachother then i wouldnt have to give that "help"....

PS: ALPHAWOLF24.... that trolling didnt bait me this time...

I'm just curious how the most dominant player of alltime (Wilt) get's put behind players like MJ , Kareem etc....for bieng labeled a "choker"...."didn't win as much as MJ" blah...blah...blah...

but Lebron James quits on a 63 win team (back 2 back 63 win team) and puts up the biggest choke job in NBA History.....and he moves up at minimum 15 spots????....

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaWolf24
    I'm just curious how the most dominant player of alltime (Wilt) get's put behind players like MJ , Kareem etc....for bieng labeled a "choker"...."didn't win as much as MJ" blah...blah...blah...

but Lebron James quits on a 63 win team (back 2 back 63 win team) and puts up the biggest choke job in NBA History.....and he moves up at minimum 15 spots????....
    How did kobe move up on the AT lists after '09?

His '05-'07 seasons weren't that mucb of an success either, how could he jump into the top 10?

Quote Originally Posted by Overdrive
    How did kobe move up on the AT lists after '09?

His '05-'07 seasons weren't that mucb of an success either, how could he jump into the top 10?

- before 09' he was already a 3X NBA Champion and top 10 scorer in NBA History (pretty sure) 12X allstar and 8 - 9 X all NBA / all NBA Defensive player..(somewhere around there)...(not even mentioning all the iconic moments in fans memories...81...9 str8 40 point games , buzzer beaters etc.)

I think in 08' he was around 11 - 13th alltime...

- since then he won 2 more Titles.....and moved up into the top 5 - 7th place.....

- Lebron wins 1 after a horrific 2011' finals and moves up 15 - 20 spots???
    Last edited by AlphaWolf24; 08-24-2012 at 07:35 PM.

I can't think of anywhere I saw Kobe being mentioned as 11th-13th all-time in 2008. Maybe in your mind and the mind of other Kobe stans, but I don't think any credible all-time top 25/50/100 list had Kobe in their top 15 in 2008. He was more in the 20-25 range at that point.

I dont look into that criteria "choker" unless ofcourse that player choked most or half of his career, fact is ALL players in NBA history "choked" at one point.... its perfectly natural to not play like a GOD 24-7....

But "Wilt didnt accomplish as much as MJ", is a very true statement i would say...

As far as Lebron goes, sigh... Winning 63 games in a regular season means absolutely nothing, its in the Playoffs where the best teams reveal themselves, in 7 games the opposing team can easily figure you out... and figuring out that 63 win Cavs team was particulary easy... just double-triple team Lebron, dont allow him to get anywhere near the basket whatsoever, let everybody else beat ya... and he didnt have the supporting cast to let "everybody else beat ya"...

Lebron put up biggest choke job in History? Not even close... hell even my favorite player of all time played worse once in the Finals with two back to back 8 point games and just overall horrible productions by his standards (Larry Bird in 1981, where Maxwell won the FMVP and they won the championship anyways), how about Tragic Magic? How about Wilt Chamberlain? How about your man Kobe Bryant, remember when he averaged 14 ppg in 2000 Finals? How about Kobe in 2004? Many more examples.... I dont discredit any of them, im just retaliating your ridicilous statement.... but you are a famous Lebron hater, so i did expect that... The numbers Lebron put up in that Finals 18-7-7 @ 48% FG is what Magic Johnson won championships with.... but by Lebrons standards that indeed is nothing special...

calling Lebron a choker for playing 2-4 bad games in the Finals and forget everything else he did is absolutely stupid... thats only a wish, a typical wish from a Lebron hater...

Whats funny is that you are a Kobe fan, who is a guy that was much less efficient in that department... want some facts on that? Believe me it will hurt you... If Lebron is a choker, than Kobe is even more of a choker...

Here is something for you:

37-97 .360% in game 7's
    38-108 .352% in title winning games
    41% in 37 finals games
    66-163 .400% to win finals mvp.. lowest fg% for any Finals MVP
    14-56 .250% game winning shots
    yup
    Kobe

A Kobe fan calling Lebron a choker or not clutch is the most funniest thing on earth...
    Last edited by pauk; 08-24-2012 at 08:03 PM.

Elgin Baylor

LeBron James over West, Oscar, Karl and Moses Malone etc. is blasphemy.
    Idoit kids man...

If his career ended today he would not be over those guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave3
    So it was 3 votes away and you ended it? You had no problem making other threads longer under the excuse that it was close before, and now you end threads with a 3 vote difference. That's some crazy obvious bias.
    It was left up the longest between the top 5.

#11 NBA Player Of All-Time According to InsideHoops Voting

37- Lebron James
    16- Jerry West
    11- Oscar Robertson
    2- Isiah Thomas
    1- David Robinson
    1- Charles Barkley
    1- Elgin Baylor
    Last edited by Deuce Bigalow; 08-24-2012 at 09:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by crisoner
    LeBron James over West, Oscar, Karl and Moses Malone etc. is blasphemy.
    Idoit kids man...

If his career ended today he would not be over those guys.
    Don't know if he would, but he should. Just because they're legends doesn't mean they're to be regarded higher on the AT list.

- before 09' he was already a 3X NBA Champion and top 10 scorer in NBA History (pretty sure) 12X allstar and 8 - 9 X all NBA / all NBA Defensive player..(somewhere around there)...(not even mentioning all the iconic moments in fans memories...81...9 str8 40 point games , buzzer beaters etc.)

I think in 08' he was around 11 - 13th alltime...

- since then he won 2 more Titles.....and moved up into the top 5 - 7th place.....

- Lebron wins 1 after a horrific 2011' finals and moves up 15 - 20 spots???
    It was an rhethorical question actually, but anyway, what I was trying to say was exactly that there was winning a(multiple) championships inbetween.

I think actually, same for Kobe and Lebron, people had an hypothetical spot for the respective player in their minds before they won(in case of Kobe as the clear cut 1st option). I guess many people had Lebron in their mind already in the 15 greatest range if he won, and he won. Same for Kobe as an top 10 player AT if he won #4 as the 1st option. They both did it and so their once hypothetical spots were justified for those guys putting them there in the first place.

College star

Came here to check in and rebut whatever response Pauk's abnormally elevated levels of dedication to Lebron drove him to, but alas, KG215 and KBlaze have said everything that could truly be said to address Pauk's tactics. Cheers to the whims of men of intellect

Pauk, as KG215 reiterated, though it is my own opinion that Jerry West is the 11th greatest player of all time (and Lebron is 12th), my issue is not your vote or opinion. It is that are quite manipulative in your manuvering on this site, and molding of facts. That is why I and many others label you a Lebron stan, and will continue to do so until you relinquish your tainted efforts of shoving Lebron's perceived greatness down our throats. Because, all of you "stans" are alike in that. It's not what you believe, but how you go about justifying that belief. You and a poster like Kennethgriffin only differ in your tactics. Griffin attempts to abruptly and annoyingly push his agenda, while you attempt to be cunning and conspicuous. But, the same flawed judgement is shared by both of you. Not the judgement that suggests Kobe is Top 5 All Time, or Lebron will be the GOAT. It is your judgement that allows you to go on for 15 pages ignoring and then defending your reasoning behind using insignificant or incomparable achievements.

You also are flawed in your vision that anyone who doesn't think Lebron is the greatest player the Earth has ever welcomed and simultaneously doesn't think Kobe is the worst player to ever live is a "hater" or "Kobe nut hugger." Posters like myself, KG215, and others call it how we see it, as best as we can and as impartial as we can be. It doesn't mean we share the same opinions on every facet of basketball, but we are honest in our approach, something you clearly are not. I have routinely said Kobe is currently not higher than #7 on the All Time list - I have him #8 on mine - but no lower than #10. Which is a truth I'm sure you'd readily accept if it didn't mean that the player you wish of all things to be the greatest of all time in every individual's mind would have to achieve more to surpass, like all the other greats he would have to (and one day will). But, because someone doesn't believe Lebron is the god of basketball gods, you make every attempt to discredit them and any player that is in Lebron's career's peripheral vision.

I've seen you say things like Lebron had as good competition this year as Bird did in 84. Good god man, it's ashame someone can sometimes be so knowledgable as you can be at times, and yet so utterly skewed in your perspective that the ignorance bell rings every time you touch a keyboard.

Lebron is a great player and will be even greater as time goes on. He doesn't need virtual ghosts like you to hoist him up in any ill-mannered way; you, like the other player-based fanatics on this board, afford him more harm than good when doing so.

That is all.

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    Tragic Magic
    *Tragic Johnson.

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce Bigalow
    Current Results

36- Lebron James

16- Jerry West
    11- Oscar Robertson
    2- Isiah Thomas