Page 1 of 88 12341151 ... LastLast
    Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

Default 2010/11 Observation Deck

We're inside a week now, I figure it's time for a thread of just random observations.

SO, why not start with America's team, Purdue. Beat U of Indy 82-59 in their first exhibition. I've yet to see proof with my own eyes but first hand accounts are saying JaJaun Johnson's 1st team pre-season AA shoulders are now too wide to fit my belt around (I'm about 160lbs soaking wet). Kelsey Barlow apparently looked like crap with 6+ TOs, I'm not sure how and why they happened, Painter experiments with A LOT of lineups (13 guys got minutes, Ryne Smith (?) the start.

Interested in some input from Game on Anthony Johnson, who I know he's seen play live, any resemblance to David Teague to you? I've only seen clips of AJ but Painter said it in a presser a few days ago and I can see the resemblance, not just the build but the pattern of game expansion.

Default Re: 2010/11 Observation Deck

I'm thinking about getting tix to the 2nd day of the "Legends Classic" down in AC. Syracuse, UTEP, GA Tech, and Michigan are the teams.

J.J. Moore had 17 in the last exhibition game for Pitt. He hit three 3's too. I'm interested to see him play first hand. I've heard great things about his athleticism. He's a 6'6" 200 lbs. wing.

Apparently Talib Zanna looked good too. From what I hear, he could be a nice post scorer coming off the bench.

The ACC is probably going to be pretty crappy this year. Outside of Duke and UNC there aren't really any teams that grab your attention and I'm not even sold on UNC yet.
    Last edited by HisJoeness; 11-04-2010 at 06:02 PM.

Maryland spiel after watching the Florida Southern scrimmage:

Berend Weijs looks like he can play a little. He's extremely skinny, but seems to have a good bball IQ and is reasonably athletic.

Ashton Pankey is a nice big body. Legit 6-9, aggressive and stocky. But he doesn't seem very skilled.

James Padgett didn't look much different than last year, disappointing. Was hoping he'd really come around. Not giving up on him though.

Pe'Shon Howard was very unselfish, mostly played off guard. He'll make a highlight pass in every game. Like to see him get more aggressive on offense. He'll be a great on the ball defender.

Terrell Stoglin was the primary ballhandler besides Bowie. All in all, he looked pretty good. It won't surprise me if he eats into Bowie's minutes as the year wears on, particularly in end of game situations.

Bowie and Tucker were very solid. Bowie attached the rim a few times, had a steal and some nice finishes. He also got his pocket picked and didn't look entirely comfortable at the point. I'm a little concerned how he'll handle being the main ball handler against top flight competition. Tucker was all over the court, but mostly under control. Had a nice game, and boy he's long.

Mychal Parker looked a little lost. Not sure how ready he is for prime time.

All in all I came away feeling very good about the Terps. Jordan Williams will be an absolute beast, and there's no shortage of guards capable of getting him the ball and knocking down shots. My only real concern is protecting the basketball. We're much bigger and deeper up front this year with Weijs, Pankey and Padgett.

Quote Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
    J.J. Moore had 17 in the last exhibition game for Pitt. He hit three 3's too. I'm interested to see him play first hand. I've heard great things about his athleticism. He's a 6'6" 200 lbs. wing.

Apparently Talib Zanna looked good too. From what I hear, he could be a nice post scorer coming off the bench.
    Do you go to Duquesne games? Damian Saunders is a monster. You gotta rep the A-10 man!

Quote Originally Posted by Posterize246
    Do you go to Duquesne games? Damian Saunders is a monster. You gotta rep the A-10 man!
    Yeah, I go to as many as possible. I commute from off campus so I miss some games. Plus, I grew up a fairly big Temple fan (my other team besides Pitt) so people always get pissed when I talk trash lol. We have a freshman named TJ McConnell (nephew of Susie McConnell WNBA star) that willl see a lot of play time. Im excited to see him play D1 because hes from around here and I played against him in HS.

Little off topic, but I thought it was hilarious Tyler Hansbrough received thunderous boo's at the Sixers game the other night even when Philly was up 20+. The UNC/Nova final four matchup still on their mind.

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
    That video looks like it came straight out of the '90s.

Tennessee loses to D2 Indianapolis

NBA rookie of the year IlliniFan's Avatar

Where's TennesseFan at? Is he still saying they're a top 10 team?

I just saw the score. 79-64

Don't tell TennesseeFan, they're a lock for the Final Four in his mind.

Bruce Pearls seat just got hotter.