Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    NBA Superstar

Default Re: Let's talk about how Wiggins isn't close to the defenders Leonard & George are

Quote Originally Posted by PleezeBelieve
    In two seasons @ Oklahoma State playing with midgets:

Marcus Smart - 86.2, 92.3

I mean you Wiggins fanatics really sounding outright pathetic :oldlol;
    You are the only fanatic here Gay A and it is a very perverse form of fandom.

Default Re: Let's talk about how Wiggins isn't close to the defenders Leonard & George are

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebask...acketology/sos

2013 Non-conference SOS:

1. Kansas
    18. Duke
    35. Arizona
    113. Oklahoma State

Thunder it DOWN, Dion! PleezeBelieve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
    http://www.cbssports.com/collegebask...acketology/sos

2013 Non-conference SOS:

1. Kansas
    18. Duke
    35. Arizona
    113. Oklahoma State
    Conference defensive ratings:

Marcus Smart - 86.1, 93.3

Andrew Wiggins - 102.5

Checkmate, b*tch.

Try another excuse

Harrison Barnes @ NC

Freshman: 97.4

Sophomore: 95.5

For you unbiased basketball fans out there, thanks to me you are starting to see how overrated this Wiggins dude is.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

I don't care much about college because the game is so different, but I do see what the OP is getting at.

Like...what are the chances that Wiggins gets as good as Paul George in the next 5 years?

Paul George is an elite on ball defender...he's a really good 3 point shooter. Better than most give him credit for considering how many tough shots he has to take in that shit offense in Indiana...and he's a solid playmaker as well.

Just seems to me that Cavs fans have really gone to extremes just assuming that Wiggins is going to be some all time great player. Definitely could be, but hardly a lock on any level.

A Humble Lebron Fan Dragic4Life's Avatar

OP makes a very good point.

I want Wiggins gone and Love to play for us.

Banned

He's so, so overrated. I foresaw it since I first watched him play. He's a homeless mans Harrison Barnes. Gonna be funny when Cavs keep him and LeBald bolts after a year because he realizes it too .

Julius Randle - 97.8

A 102.5 defensive rating is egregiously poor... haha

Quote Originally Posted by JtotheIzzo
    That's ironic because the OP is worthless and lacks any context.

Gay A.

Jabari was a better defender than Wiggins? That is why Coach K subbed him out for defense against Mercer.

Only someone as mental a midget as Gay A could watch summer league and come away think Wiggins is a poor defender, only someone as mental a midget as Gay A could watch Duke vs Kansas at the beginning of the college year and not see Wiggins completely shut down a red hot Jabari down the stretch, Only someone as mental a midget as Gay A could watch Wiggins play and assume he is a lightweight at defense, Only someone as mental a midget as Gay A could watch all the talking heads rave about a prospect's defense and still say it sucks to fill his own agenda.

Brad Williams and Vern Troyer can both post up Gay A.
    More ignorant posting by kids who don't watch the game. Parker was worn out from guarding Mercer post players all game. Parker played 5 for Duke most of the time, 4 when he is not playing 5. Mercer went small with all guards to shoot that 3 point shot.

Coach K subbed Parker out because he was worn out. We all know that Parker could use some conditioning.

Quote Originally Posted by GODbe
    He's so, so overrated. I foresaw it since I first watched him play. He's a homeless mans Harrison Barnes. Gonna be funny when Cavs keep him and LeBald bolts after a year because he realizes it too .
    Cavs fans really think this guy a generational talent who encompasses the best of Michael Jordan and Scottie Pippen.

Some reading for Wigginstans. Some key conclusion

Marcus Smart was a vastly superior NCAA defensive player to Andrew Wiggins. He was a one man wrecking crew on defense, whereas Wiggins was merely a solidly good defensive player. Given the predictive power of steal rate and the fact that Smart has the tools to become an impact defensive player in the NBA, this should weigh heavily into Smart’s NBA defensive projection.
    http://deanondraft.com/2014/06/01/ma...eter-defender/

Also I would like to make one point. Getting a highlight block while jumping 45 inches DOESN'T make you a good defender. Wiggins is a rather average defender right now who is flashy but ineffective. He has all the tools to be the best defender in the league, but he is NOT NBA All-First Team defense right now.

Good High School Starter dreamwarrior's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JohnMax
    Those stats are misleading because his teammates sucked at defense and his coach had him guard 3 point shooters.
    Exactly. He was guarding sg and pgs. That's how much confidence they had in his D. If you go by the stats you might say he's worse than average, he's quite a poor defender but shit just watch the games and you'll wonder wtf those stats came from. Wiggins is at this moment as good as Harrison Barnes with an extra 5ppg if he can put up numbers similar to SL. That's pretty much his floor right now. His ceiling who knows