Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    College superstar

Default Re: 13/14 NBA's Best rim protectors

Quote Originally Posted by navy
    Did you read the article? The numbers said they were average at best. But then the article made excuses for their numbers. My perception is reality.

This paragraph was just false. Ive seen enough Laker and Heat games to tell you these two are not great rim protectors and no excuses need to be made for them.
    Middle of the pack for that list of players. Is that all rim-protectant players in the NBA? If so, then I concede to your point. If that list of players encompasses only a portion of all such players, then I'd still argue that being "middle of the pack" there implies that he, Bosh, is still above other players, and therefore higher than average.

But regardless, I did say that stats can be misleading based on context.

Very good NBA starter wally_world's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LoneyROY7
    DJ.
    Wut? Opponents had a high FGA at the rim against DJ, but actually shot close to 50%, not that commendable at all. He blocks a ton of shots, but that doesn't translate to good defense, like this chart showed.

Quote Originally Posted by wally_world
    Wut? Opponents had a high FGA at the rim against DJ, but actually shot close to 50%, not that commendable at all. He blocks a ton of shots, but that doesn't translate to good defense, like this chart showed.
    Read the chart again. That was the top ten list he was in. Which is good.

I know because I made the same mistake of thinking where he was meant he was bad.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnMax
    Graviton, can you tell me why Ibaka was so effective guarding Blake Griffin?

How did Griffin figure him out? He was able to score easier against Ibaka as more games passed.
    Because as I said Ibaka isn't that good of a 1v1 straight up defender, Griffin scored on him easily with post ups and face ups. He is quicker and stronger than Ibaka on top of more explosiveness. You see how frustrated Ibaka gets when he plays Griffin, can only nut punch him.

Ibaka always has issues 1v1 vs any decent big man, once you know to pump fake, avoid the weakside block and go AROUND him instead of at him you get free points.

Quote Originally Posted by navy
    Blake has no post game and relies of strength to score. Ibaka could match it.
    Really? Did you watch any of the OKC/Clippers matchups in the regular season or playoffs this past season? Griffin rapes Ibaka every time, and he actually does have a post game, it just has like 2 moves but those moves are enough to dump on Ibaka. Griffin's quickness is the biggest issue, not his strength.

with God-given ass JimmyMcAdocious's Avatar

Bargs.

Like a great shutdown corner. Balls don't get thrown his way and when it does, he shuts them down.

Dunking on everybody in the park

Blake Griffin only shot 46% from the field against Oklahoma City in the playoffs and that is 7% less than the averaged during the regular season and in the first round against Golden State.

Ibaka and Oklahoma City must have done something right against Griffin defensively.

Quote Originally Posted by SOD 21
    Blake Griffin only shot 46% from the field against Oklahoma City in the playoffs and that is 7% less than the averaged during the regular season and in the first round against Golden State.

Ibaka and Oklahoma City must have done something right against Griffin defensively.
    All-time after 15 games Blake is averaging 23/10/4 on 52% vs Ibaka. 24/9/4 on 46% in the playoffs but only on 18 shot attempts. His TS% is still good either way, not to mention everyone's percentages drop in the playoffs. Blake more often than not shits on Ibaka, how he performs isn't affected by Serge's defense as much as it is by his own self. Sometimes Clippers don't go to Griffin and jack up 3s, but when they feed him he performs well most of the time.

I watch all OKC games, I know who gives us issues and Blake is definitely one of them.

Lopez is damn near the top

And WTF, where's Bogut? Ah, I see him. Elite.