Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 310111213

Default Re: 3/25 Sweet 16 Games

Quote Originally Posted by GP_20
    I don't pick 12 seeds over 5 seeds because of whatever history. I didn't know there was a history of upsets there. I pick teams because I think they can be beat. I pick teams to lose that are overrated. I pick teams to win because I think they are underratd.
    Yeah, is that why you picked Duke to win it all? You want to explain that one? You're an expert and yet you don't even know any tourney history?

What I'm saying is that if Butler didn't hit a couple lucky 3s that bounced around and then somehow went in after they were down 54-50, then they probably lose that game. Oh and how about the game they played before that? Damn near lost to Murray State. They could have just as easily lost that game. Butler barely, just barely ekes out 2 straight games, but you want to act all confident even though they could have just as easily lost those games?

When there's close games that are decided by a handful of plays, then there's luck involved. There's been a bunch of games that could have went the other way that could have dramatically changed the whole tourney. The tourney is one-and-done, where luck plays more of a role than postseasons that are decided by series. Yeah, there's plenty of skilled involved in making picks, but there's also plenty of luck involved, too. I guess you're either too egotistical and/or ignorant to admit it. Haven't you heard countless stories of people who didn't watch a second of or very little basketball winning office pools?

Kentucky is looking really strong right now. They have the skill on the perimeter and power inside to score on anyone. They rebound really well with Cousins Patterson and Orton. The thing setting them apart right now is the way Callipari has gotten them to buy into busting their ass on defense. With their athlete and offense they have a great chance of winning it all if they continuee to give this kind of effort on d.

Funny people are saying Duke is overrated, and now they are like one of the only two top seeds remaining?

Quote Originally Posted by Jackass18
    Yeah, is that why you picked Duke to win it all? You want to explain that one? You're an expert and yet you don't even know any tourney history?

What I'm saying is that if Butler didn't hit a couple lucky 3s that bounced around and then somehow went in after they were down 54-50, then they probably lose that game. Oh and how about the game they played before that? Damn near lost to Murray State. They could have just as easily lost that game. Butler barely, just barely ekes out 2 straight games, but you want to act all confident even though they could have just as easily lost those games?

When there's close games that are decided by a handful of plays, then there's luck involved. There's been a bunch of games that could have went the other way that could have dramatically changed the whole tourney. The tourney is one-and-done, where luck plays more of a role than postseasons that are decided by series. Yeah, there's plenty of skilled involved in making picks, but there's also plenty of luck involved, too. I guess you're either too egotistical and/or ignorant to admit it. Haven't you heard countless stories of people who didn't watch a second of or very little basketball winning office pools?

1. What's your name on ISH Pick'Em?

2. I don't need to know Tourney history to decide my picks. I rely on my expert analysis of each team to decide.

3. Stop kidding yourself. Butler was in control of the game throughout. They played strong in the 1st half and had a good lead at half time. They were winning most of the game. They didn't need luck. I knew they would be in control of most of the game, and they just needed to pull through, which is exactly how it went. They were the BETTER team.

Hey and are those office pool stories repeated every year? Because I'm in the top ever year. Yeah, that's not luck. And those office pool winners aren't saying sh*t like they are going to finish #1 blah blah blah. They just get lucky and surprised. I'm not surprised at all. I expected myself to be #1 and 99th %.

Go Ohio St. and Duke!

I got them in the Final Game. So they better win today

**** Duke. If I were any team playing against them I would doing anything to get either Scheyer/Smith/Singler in foul trouble. They have size up front but not much skill. If either of their big 3 have to sit they become a much worse team.

I need duke and ohio st to lose so i can win my office league. 400 bucks on the line.

K State/Xavier being replayed on CBS Sports right now