Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1421222324
    Good High School Starter chris2010's Avatar

Default Re: Why is Kobe not top 10 alltime?

Quote Originally Posted by tpols
    And the kobe led lakers aren't? Kobe made three straight finals and is going for a dynasty fourth with his team against the supposed new goat (lebron) and the third sg of all time (wade) (note: this is after being a key member and top 5 player in the league during the laker's first three peat dynasty). Magic is ranked 6th at worst. Explain to me why kobe isn't better.
    you have a point. But my main point still stands. Kobe is playing in a watered down NBA. I hate to say it b/c he is my favorite player, but i dont think he would average 35 a game or really be able to lead this current team if it were 80s or 90s to a championship. Its not something he can fix on his own. Its just really unfortunate he wasnt born sooner and played in the nba in its best days.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by chris2010
    1)
    Dont get me wrong Kobe is my favorite player, but unless he wins at least 7 championships he might not come close to sniffing the top 10 list. .
    Who's in your top 10?

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by chris2010
    you have a point. But my main point still stands. Kobe is playing in a watered down NBA. I hate to say it b/c he is my favorite player, but i dont think he would average 35 a game or really be able to lead this current team if it were 80s or 90s to a championship. Its not something he can fix on his own. Its just really unfortunate he wasnt born sooner and played in the nba in its best days.
    You can't really mention watered down without considering that Jordan's prime and his championships came during the single largest period of expansion in league history. That's not opinion, that's fact. The most watered down the league has ever been, leading to the change from the multiple superstar team to the 1 superstar 1 star tearm. Which was part of why Jordan was able to come out and appear to do it himself. I'm not saying Jordan isn't the GOAT, because I think he is, I'm just saying if you're going to mention watered down eras it's kind of crazy to hang that on this current era and ignore the early 90's when the league was factually watered down.

Banned

See, he got 5 rings, 3 for being the Robin and riding Shaq's coattail. 2 for being a fake Batman and riding Pau's coattail.

Not top 10 material. At least Magic won 2 for being an actual Batman after getting 3 rings by being Robin to Kareem's Batman.

Quote Originally Posted by the_wise_one
    See, he got 5 rings, 3 for being the Robin and riding Shaq's coattail. 2 for being a fake Batman and riding Pau's coattail.

Not top 10 material. At least Magic won 2 for being an actual Batman after getting 3 rings by being Robin to Kareem's Batman.

Oh hey look, it's godofgods on a new account.....

I rule the local playground Svendiggity's Avatar

I already view Kobe as the 2nd greatest to ever play the game.