Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    3-time NBA All-Star

Default Re: Top 10 Players of the 80's

Quote Originally Posted by Chalkmaze
    My criteria is based on who played the best for about the whole 80's, not just for 5 years of it.

- Magic Johnson
    - Larry Bird
    - Alex English
    - Isiah Thomas
    - Adrian Dantley
    - Mark Aguirre
    - Moses Malone
    - Kevin McHale
    - Rolando Blackman
    - Kareem Abdul Jabar

Something close to that.

honorable mentions to Terry Cummings, James Worthy, Reggie Theus, Dr. J, Robert Parish, Dominique Wilkins, Bernard King, Walter Davis, and Michael Jordan (wasn't there long enough, but his impact was major in the late 80's)
    No offense, but I don't really like that criteria. For example, what if a player was at least a top 3 player for a 10-year span, possibly the for the 2nd half of one decade and the 1st half of the next decade. Does that player not deserve to be mentioned in the top 10 of at least one of those decades? Cause that would've been the case for Jordan if he never came back after 93, and I can see that possibly happening with someone like Lebron.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by guy
    No offense, but I don't really like that criteria. For example, what if a player was at least a top 3 player for a 10-year span, possibly the for the 2nd half of one decade and the 1st half of the next decade. Does that player not deserve to be mentioned in the top 10 of at least one of those decades? Cause that would've been the case for Jordan if he never came back after 93, and I can see that possibly happening with someone like Lebron.
    I've made the exact same arguments myself. Those players just get left off the list. I think these lists are completely flawed since you are only measuring a players worth during point A to B. So I do it more for fun, and have tried to be as accurate as possible none the less. I do agree with you, but my answer to correct the situation would be to not have "best of 80's", type of lists to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by Manute for Ever!
    Seems fair and a good list considering your criteria
    Yeah, you could swap a player or two perhaps, but I think it's pretty close.
    Last edited by Chalkmaze; 07-29-2008 at 11:33 AM.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Chalkmaze
    I've made the exact same arguments myself. Those players just get left off the list. I think these lists are completely flawed since you are only measuring a players worth during point A to B. So I do it more for fun, and have tried to be as accurate as possible none the less. I do agree with you, but my answer to correct the situation would be to not have "best of 80's", type of lists to begin with.

Yeah, you could swap a player or two perhaps, but I think it's pretty close.
    I see what your saying. I guess we could also do "best of 85 - 95", "best of 95 - 05", etc.

National High School Star Sir Charles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Manute for Ever!
    Charles is not top 10 in the '80's, more like Alex English in his place

Quote Originally Posted by DinoRadja40
    1. Jordan
    2. Bird
    3. Magic

Like that

um no......
    Jordan didnt do **** during the 80's. All he did was ballhog
    it's
    Bird
    Magic
    Jordan

Larry
    Magic
    Erving
    Moses
    Jordan
    Hakeem
    Kareem
    Isiah
    Gervin
    Barkley

I think I agree with the entire list. And the honorable mentions are choice too.