Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 04-08-2010, 12:22 PM   #31
ODEN>DURANT
Good High School Starter

Default Re: Top 10 Players in the NBA (in order)

This thread tells me two things.

Roy = Underrated.

People look at box score more than they watch ball games.
ODEN>DURANT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 12:22 PM   #32
ChuckOakley
NBA lottery pick

My top 10.

1. LBJ
Best team, best numbers, best player

2. Kobe
Has the intangibles and experience that separates him from the Durants of the world.

3. Wade
Having a great season with Miami even though his team is awful.

4. Howard
A rock.

5. Durant
With experience he will rise in the rankings to #2.

6. Melo
Until he wins something or proves he belongs in the top 3 or so, I'll keep him here.

7. Amare
An absolute beast the 2nd half of the season.

8. Nash
Still gets it done.

9. Dirk
7.5 rebound from your 7 foot PF? Team is stacked as well, yet on par with most the WC playoff teams. Tells me Dirk could step up more.

10. D.Williams/Roy
Can't go wrong with either.
ChuckOakley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 12:25 PM   #33
joyner82
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODEN>DURANT
This thread tells me two things.

Roy = Underrated.

People look at box score more than they watch ball games.

No, it tells me you watch a lot more Roy than you watch other players.
joyner82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 12:26 PM   #34
kunk75
I rule the local playground

howard barely scratches the 10 in my eyes. He disappears and his bball iq kind of sucks. not a very good on the ball defender, just racks up blocks. has no range beyond 7 feet.
kunk75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 12:28 PM   #35
FCN

Lebron
Durant
Kobe
Wade
Howard
Amare
Nash
Dirk
Melo
D-Will
Old 04-08-2010, 12:58 PM   #36
lukekarts
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckOakley
My top 10.

1. LBJ

2. Kobe
Has the intangibles and experience that separates him from the Durants of the world.

3. Wade

4. Howard
A rock.

5. Durant

6. Melo
Until he wins something or proves he belongs in the top 3 or so, I'll keep him here.

7. Amare

8. Nash
Still gets it done.

9. Dirk
7.5 rebound from your 7 foot PF? Team is stacked as well, yet on par with most the WC playoff teams. Tells me Dirk could step up more.

10. D.Williams/Roy

I almost completely agree with you, besides #2 and #3. I think Wade should be ahead of Kobe, because he has played better all round basketball for a far worse team. Honestly right now I think Wade on the Lakers instead of Kobe would have a better record than the Cavs.

Last edited by lukekarts : 04-08-2010 at 01:02 PM.
lukekarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 02:13 PM   #37
ShaqAttack3234
7-time NBA All-Star

1.Lebron James- And it's not even close. Lebron leads the best team in the league, he's second in scoring, 6th in assists, he gets his teammates involved early, takes over down the stretch and seemingly does it every night. He's unstoppable in the open court and he also averages over 7 boards per game, can get on insane hot streaks with his 3 point shooting, but he can also get to the basket at will. He also sets up his teammates right where they want the ball. Lebron has easily been the best player in the league the last 2 seasons.

2.Dwight Howard- Easily the most dominant defensive presence. He's on pace to become the first player to lead the league in both rebounds and blocks for s 2nd season. He's also 2nd in FG%. He's made Orlando a title contender and a 55+ win team for a second consecutive year and he does it by being their only interior defense and rebounding presence despite them being an elite defensive team and he's also their leading scorer, and most efficient scorer as well as the guy who draws the majority of double teams.

3.Dwyane Wade- The best combination of scoring and playmaking ability other than Lebron. He's got a strong mid-range game, he's great in the open court and he's unstoppable going to the basket. He's got shooting guard size and athleticism, but he's got point guard skills as well. Wade is top 5 in scoring, top 10 in assists and 4th in steals. He's led Miami to a 44-34 record despite a pretty modest supporting cast.

4.Kobe Bryant- If not for Kobe's finger injury, he'd surely be 2nd or 3rd, but even with the injury, he's had another good season. LA is a 55+ win team, Kobe averages 27/5/5 and he's been the best in the league on game-winning shots. I haven't like the number of shots he's taken considering the talent on his roster, but it's hard to deny that he's easily top 5.

5.Kevin Durant- Leads the league in scoring, good mid-range game, can hit 3's, get to the basket, shoot his free throws at an excellent rate, grab a lot of rebounds for a small forward and he's led his team to a much better record than anyone expeced. His length also allows him to get steals and block shots as well as get tough shots off. The one reason he's below Lebron, Wade and Kobe is passing.playmaking, those guys are elite in that aspect and Durant could still improve a lot as far as a playmaker.

6.Carmelo Anthony- Melo has turned Denver into a contender with his prolific scoring(3rd in the league) plus he rebounds the ball quite well for a small forward, has become an improved passer and he uses his size and strength in the post very well. his mid-range game is also silky smooth. Perhaps if injuries didn't ruin his season then he'd be higher, but I can't put him above Durant right now with a similar team record, less rebounds, less points, just half an assist more on worse efficiency.

7.Dirk Nowitzki- The best shooting big man in NBA history has led Dallas back to championship-contender status. He averages almost 25 ppg, good for 7th in the league, shoots 91% from the line which is 4th best in the league, shoots 39% on 3's and Dallas has won over 50 games. He's also had some big 4th quarter performances and he's a good passer. But the one dissapointment to me is taht Nowitzki averages under 8 rebounds per game.

8.Deron Williams- One of the best scoring point guards and best passers in the league, but what really puts him over Nash IMO is his size and ability to play some defense. He's averaging atleast 10.5 assists for the 3rd consecutive season and he's top 4 in assists for the 4th consecutive year while Utah are also a legit contender out West thanks in large part to Williams.

9.Steve Nash- This season he's arguably been the best point guard, even at age 35. He's leading the league in assists, shooting exceptionally well, seocnd on his team in scoring, he sets the pace for the team and is really essential to their offense and he's led them to a surprising 50+ win season. He's going to become a member of the 50/40/90 shooting club for a record 4th time. He's leading the league in FT% and he's also top 10 in 3P%.

10. Amare Stoudemire- Gets the nod over Bosh due to his team's record, his efficiency and the fact that Amare has only started to play himself back into his shape after the eye injury the last couple of months. He's been good for 27/9 since the break.

Chris Bosh was better than Stoudemire for a good chunk of the year, but now Chris is done for the year, there's a good chance his team will miss the playoffs and in the end his numbers won't be that much better than Stoudemire's despite playing on a worse team. Plus I like Stoudemire's style of play better and his proven ability to play in the playoffs.
ShaqAttack3234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 06:38 PM   #38
MakeHistory78
I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

A top-5 from me...

1.LeBron James:Ηe is by far the best player in the planet.Amazing year 29.7 pts,7.3 ast,8.6 ast!A great all around talent.Ηε ιs the only player in todays Era who has a chance to challenge the GOAT MJ .And this because he is so special player...
2.Kobe Bryant:Ηe is the best closer in the game and always has this killer instinct.He is the closest type of player to MJ.And probably will go down as the second greatest SG ever.
3.Dwyane Wade:His hasn't so many good teammates but he is still a great leader.
4.Dwight Howard:Τhe best Center in the game and probably the best defender in the game.
5.Kevin Durant:Good season by the young man.He leads the league in scoring.He will play at the playoffs for the first time in his early career..
MakeHistory78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 06:54 PM   #39
Abraham Lincoln
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaqAttack3234
2.Dwight Howard- He's on pace to become the first player to lead the league in both rebounds and blocks for his 2nd season.

Officially, yes.
Abraham Lincoln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 06:57 PM   #40
kunk75
I rule the local playground

please get off dwight's dick everyone. best defender=lulz. not even top 3 among 5s when you take away blocks.
kunk75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 06:59 PM   #41
joyner82
Banned

Andrew Bogut is a better defender than Dwight. Hell he's #2 in the league in blocks and #4 in charges drawn.
joyner82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 07:01 PM   #42
Dontstop
Banned

1. Lebron James
2. Kobe Bryant
3. Dwayne Wade
4. Kevin Durant
5. Amare Stoudemire
6. Dwight Howard
7. Deron Williams
8. Carmello Anthony
9. Brandon Roy
10. Dirk Nowitzki
Dontstop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 07:02 PM   #43
VishaltotheG
Good college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckOakley
My top 10.

1. LBJ

2. Kobe

3. Wade

4. Howard
A rock.

5. Durant

6. Melo

7. Amare

8. Nash
Still gets it done.

9. Dirk

10. D.Williams/Roy

Replace Deron with Bosh and it's a solid list
VishaltotheG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 07:03 PM   #44
Juges8932
Land of Ownst

Lol @ Dwight being better than Wade or Kobe IMO.
Juges8932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 07:05 PM   #45
Dave3
NBA rookie of the year

1. LeBron
2. Wade
3. Kobe
4. Dwight
5. Durant
6. Melo
7. Dirk

This is where it gets tough. Earlier you could make an argument for Bosh, but he's really gone down the crapper. It's hard to judge Amare and Nash because they feed off each other so much it seems.

8. Deron Williams
9. Nash
10. Amare/Roy - Leaning towards Amare but hesitant. Any suggestions are welcomed.

Last edited by Dave3 : 04-08-2010 at 07:07 PM.
Dave3 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: