Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    #Dre Day in Sac Town andremiller07's Avatar

Default Re: What is ACTUALLY going on with the Pacers?

Love Live Life

Also they need to put Lance or PG on Teague and let Hill guard Korver or somebody else

George and Hibbert are shitting the bed and Danny Granger was more important to their lockeroom and team than they thought. If George and Hibbert play their A game offensively they'll be back to being one of the best teams in the League, if not they will struggle too much offensively to win.
    Last edited by RIP CITY; 04-22-2014 at 06:42 AM.

College superstar

Hibbert always had confidence issues. A couple years ago he was seeing a sports psychologist, maybe he still is. Always a roller coaster with him. One game he looks like the best big man in the league, next game he looks like a scrub. Reminds me of Odom in that respect.

I think the heightened expectations of him and the team got to his head and now his confidence is totally tanked. I'm waiting for a meltdown game where he bursts into tears and runs off the court or something. Maybe he's manic depressive and he plays well in the mania stages?

PG bought into his own hype and the media stroked his ego and it spiraled out of control and he turned into a preening, strutting peacock. Started chucking up dumb shots instead of playing a team game, focused less on defense which caused a rift in the team. Think he's been trying to reel it back in now, but it's not working.

Local High School Star

Look this team had a very good year last season.. And was looking unstoppable for 80% of this season.. People say it's their offense but I don't think that's the issue with the pacers.. This team was elite for 18 months.. And they are a young team.. So their age or being burnt out shouldn't be the issue either.. So what went wrong??
    Well I truly believe whatever it is has been kept behind doors.. Something has happened between 2 or more players.. I think hibbert vs George and hill vs lance

I think it's got to the point where these players dislike each other so much that it's impossible for them to play with each other at an elite level anymore..
    I'm sure the truth with eventually come out.. But this makeup of the pacers is done.. Beyond recovery.. They need to move the appropriate pieces.. The ones instigating the issues and hopefully get that chemistry back..

Some of these players will have very high value.. So I think they can reload in the offseason and contend again if they remain smart and ruthless

#Dre Day in Sac Town andremiller07's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stephanieg
    Hibbert always had confidence issues. A couple years ago he was seeing a sports psychologist, maybe he still is. Always a roller coaster with him. One game he looks like the best big man in the league, next game he looks like a scrub. Reminds me of Odom in that respect.

I think the heightened expectations of him and the team got to his head and now his confidence is totally tanked. I'm waiting for a meltdown game where he bursts into tears and runs off the court or something. Maybe he's manic depressive and he plays well in the mania stages?
    He has never for a second looked like the Best big man in the NBA unless he's playing against a undersized Miami line up (which any big beasts if played straight up one on one and going for offensive boards), only reason he was a All-Star and get more hype was cause the best two C's in the East went down to injury in Horford and Lopez.

He plays D well but in every other aspect he's pretty much below average, he has no playmaking ability what so ever and his finishing and creating are well below average.

NBA sixth man of the year

How many times can we ask the same questions, only to give the same answers..I'm exhausted talking about them and explaining each and every situation, I'm just going to wait for the game...

Its one game, dont jump the gun yet. This happens every single year on here during the playoffs. If a team loses one game, they are finished. Go back and look.

Little stat I found on Pacersdigest

There have been 10 #1 vs. #8 match-ups where the #8 seed won Game 1 (11 counting this series). Of those, the #1 seed went on to win the series 7 times.

The '93 Suns are the only #1 seed to lose the first two games to a #8 seed (the Lakers). Phoenix won the series in 5 games.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by jbryan1984
    Its one game, dont jump the gun yet. This happens every single year on here during the playoffs. If a team loses one game, they are finished. Go back and look.
    I don't see how that argument can apply here.. It isn't one game..it's been going on for 2 months!!

Quote Originally Posted by toxicxr6
    I don't see how that argument can apply here.. It isn't one game..it's been going on for 2 months!!
    Exactly

Quote Originally Posted by toxicxr6
    Good point, this is a unique case...Thought it might change in the playoffs...I thought they were getting bored...I guess they're still bored, hell I dunno..

It's the same thing in 04 with the Lakers with Shaq and Kobe. Just replace those two with Hibbert and PG. They care more about destroying each other than the other team.

Quote Originally Posted by jzek
    It's the same thing in 04 with the Lakers with Shaq and Kobe. Just replace those two with Hibbert and PG. They care more about destroying each other than the other team.
    Well Hibbert called out basically everyone except PG and West. He said PG would win MVP and he said he has free reign to do whatever he wants on the court..He's always had PG's back....But it doesn't seem like the chemistry is even half as strong as it was...

Curry: 0x Finals MVP SilkkTheShocker's Avatar

Watch Hibbert still destroy Miami's frontcourt if they make it to the ECF. I know he didn't look great against them last game, but I have no doubt he would be a pain in he ass. VERTICALITY